Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donadea forest 10k October 13th

Options
  • 18-07-2012 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭

Last year's thread

Website

Race profile

Photos from last year's race

Really enjoyed last year's race. It may not be the fastest because it's partly on trail, but a lovely place to run. The organisation was great, from start to finish. Well signposted on the way, lots of freebies at registration, wristbands and a separate start for sub-40 runners, markers at every k and lots of stewards, wooden medal and a pile of food at the end. It's not cheap, but the entry fee does go to partly to charity, partly to maintain the forest, and partly to the club, so all good causes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

RayCun wrote: »
    Last year's thread

Website

Race profile

Photos from last year's race

Really enjoyed last year's race. It may not be the fastest because it's partly on trail, but a lovely place to run. The organisation was great, from start to finish. Well signposted on the way, lots of freebies at registration, wristbands and a separate start for sub-40 runners, markers at every k and lots of stewards, wooden medal and a pile of food at the end. It's not cheap, but the entry fee does go to partly to charity, partly to maintain the forest, and partly to the club, so all good causes.

Ive signed up for this. Its on the 13th oct not the 15th though. Looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulieYifter

I'm in too - have rounded up a few more to join in. Well sold Ray.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Can't make it myself now, cross-country on the next day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

One of my favourite races of the year. And while i could brag about how excellent a race it is in every way, it would take too long but well worth it.

Ultraman, i'll be signing up once the Visa has cooled down from the Olympics so keep me a place please:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

chinguetti wrote: »

Ultraman, keep me a place please:D
    you will have to buy an entry for the 50k to get a late entry for the 10k:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Someone had great craic putting that gallery together on the website.
    Page Annimations are great :)

Thinking about going for this one. doesn't seem to be much else on this distance between now and the end of year when the dub 1/2 finishes.

nearly sold out folks so if any is goin to enter nows the time,,we have reduced the entrants from 800 last year to 650 for safety reasons, so will fill up by end of month id say..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Anyone doing this? Looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 DixNeuf

I'll be doing this for the third time. Very enjoyable. Lovely setting and as has been said well organised and well run. In every sense :)

Well, I tell myself I'll be doing it. I've been more or less laid up for the last couple of weeks with a dodgy Achilles. Thought it was grand after doing the right exercises et al but 4.5k last night suggests otherwise.

Not helping my prep (mentally or physically) for the 29th of this month either.

Sold Out :)

• Advertisement

Beautiful morning for racing in a beautiful setting.
    Great race - I got to start in the 'elite' sub 40 section.

Course was more undulating than I expected but no wind and underfoot was decent - like Malahide Castle where I do a lot of my running.

Wooden medals at the finish, apple crumble + custard, tea, coffee and free physio massages on offer too. Very well organised so thanks to everyone.

39:40 official gun time for me so delighted to tick the sub 40 box with just over 2 weeks to DCM :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,623 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Lovely race this morning as usual. Well done to all involved in setting it up.
    Perfect day for it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ELFOYZER

Well done today Anto and Donadea AC. Super event. Very hard to find an event equal to that in 2012. Even the weather was perfect! 10 out of 10.

ELFOYZER wrote: »
    Well done today Anto and Donadea AC. Super event. Very hard to find an event equal to that in 2012. Even the weather was perfect! 10 out of 10.

Great race. interesting course and good organisation.

ELFOYZER wrote: »
    Well done today Anto and Donadea AC. Very hard to find an event equal to that in 2012. .
    there was one..earlier this year, same location....;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Great race. interesting course and good organisation.

If you want to do 10 laps of it....

:) Already signed up. Id say those little rises assume epic proportions late in the race

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

:) Already signed up. Id say those little rises assume epic proportions late in the race

That f*cking hill gets bigger with every lap.

That f*cking hill gets bigger with every lap.

You running it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭glennhysen

Great race and just over 48 mins for me which is PB. Thanks to all who organised a great day and the apple crumble was fantastic!

And, yes that climb feels so much bigger in the 50k!!

Advertisement