Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Relief from Unregistered Landlord

Options
  • 18-07-2012 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Just a question for those who have any experience with claiming rent relief.

Moved out of rented house 1 year ago. Friend has informed me I can claim back for rent relief for the duration I paid rent in the property. I have lease and all details of the landlord, Address, PPS number etc. I have just found out the landlord wasnt registered. According to revenue I dont need to supply receipts if landlord is registered.

I have just now found out landlord is not registered. Because he is not registered does this mean I will need to provide receipts to prove I was paying rent in the accommodation? A bit of a problem here.... as i never recieved any receipts nor had a rent book etc.. and to be honest I dont really want to have to go providing bank statements etc... But I do have my lease agreement and reference... would this be substantial proof?

Thanks All.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭Sarn

A fixed term lease can also be considered a rent book.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

just fill in the form and send it back with all the information you have. you do not have to prove how much or how you paid the rent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Thanks! Much appreciated!

Advertisement