Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beers? It's on the 25th Aug in Four Dame Lane, downstairs. Whohoo!

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Atari Jaguar
    This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Friday 24th August
    awec wrote: »

(P.S. noc beers on 18th, the police probably won't allow 2 boards beers in the same city on the same night anyway. Like Rangers and Celtic, Liverpool and Everton, United and City etc, never allowed to be playing in the same city at the same time ;) )

What are ye talking about ya lightweight :pac:

Sure any time I'm down I combine the Nocs with this forum and 2 or 3 other forums and it's always a mighty night, you were even at one of them :p

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭oddman2

Friday 24th August
    Electric Picnic is the first weekend in September!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Friday 31st August
    oddman2 wrote: »
    Noooooo, not the globe! They destroy you on prices after half 11, remember your birthday?

Pre-half 11: whiskey and dash = "€6ish"
    After half 11: whiskey and dash = "eh, we don't have dash >_>, that's €8.50"

:eek:

Yeah, I agree with the place being rather pricey! RiRa is great for a dance when you're so píssed you don't want to buy any more drink! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Friday 31st August
    bluewolf wrote: »
    i like capitol

Let it be known that I wont attend if it's in Capitol (well, of ye go so! :pac:).
    No chance in hell.

PS: Necrons?!?!?!?! :eek:

Necrons.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Friday 31st August
    Larianne wrote: »
    when you're so píssed you don't want to buy any more drink! :pac:

Ehhh,that doesn't happen,ever,im a little appalled tbh!

Friday 31st August
    Galvasean wrote: »

PS: Necrons?!?!?!?! :eek:

Google Necronos uncut trailer,the one on YouTube is censored,hardcore German splatter horror FTW!

Atari Jaguar

Friday 31st August
    Necronos wrote: »
    Ehhh,that doesn't happen,ever,im a little appalled tbh!

Well maybe not you, obvo! But I'm a lightweight. You know that! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Atari Jaguar
    oddman2 wrote: »
    Noooooo, not the globe! They destroy you on prices after half 11, remember your birthday?

Pre-half 11: whiskey and dash = "€6ish"
    After half 11: whiskey and dash = "eh, we don't have dash >_>, that's €8.50"

:eek:

You never snuck a cheeky naggin into the Globe?! Pah amateur!!

How is everyone for August 11th?!

• Advertisement

Atari Jaguar

Friday 24th August
    If it aint happening on the 18th I'm gonna have to pop up a thread for my Leaving Beers :pac:

Two beers in one month wouldn't be soo bad though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

Friday 24th August
    I'd honestly prefer the 11th over the 18th, although it is me maaa's birthday the next day.... as long as she doesn't mind me being horribly hungover I guess it doesn't matter :rolleyes:

I reckon we require a poll, stat!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Friday 31st August
    swapple wrote: »
    I reckon we require a poll, stat!

political-pictures-poll-statistics.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Friday 24th August
    ToniTuddle wrote: »
    This is excellent news everything is falling into place! Dublin is gonna be riddled with Drunken Boardsies :eek:

My leaving the country beers is on 18th of August (as well as few other boardsies birthdays). Was gonna post a thread in here inviting everyone but beers is already happening so that's handy :D
    The Noc Fourm is having their beers on the 18th too.

If we can manage to have all pubs near enough each other then we can pub hop all night long :pac:

EPIC BEEERZ as I keep saying :D
    Sub lounge has brilliant music (they played shawn michaels "sexy boy" ffs) - but not ideal for beers - since it became o'reillys they dicked about boardsies trying to organise stuff so I'd opt to steer clear! (untill maybe the end of the night)

I would like to put my weight behind the globe - they can hold an area for us, incredibly comfy, perfect for a chat - and then for the dance enclined amongst us - Rí Rá is downstairs and free in for those in the bar!!

Think it's a nice change of scenery and the best fit for what we are looking for!

another boards forum had a beers there and they held an area for them. Recently like
    If it aint happening on the 18th I'm gonna have to pop up a thread for my Leaving Beers :pac:

Two beers in one month wouldn't be soo bad though :D

ALL the beers. It WILL be on the 18th - won't it lads :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Atari Jaguar
    I know I suggested the 18th first but I am not 100% free that day (a couple of plans I will not divulge)

so i would throw my hat in the 11th category! (as i know Ot-cronos is not available on the 25th)

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭oddman2

Friday 24th August
    Needs polls!

wojciech-szczesny-arsenal-718.jpg200px-Marie_Curie_c1920.png

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Welcome back :D

Great reason for beers and I'll be home on holidays :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

What are ye talking about ya lightweight :pac:

Sure any time I'm down I combine the Nocs with this forum and 2 or 3 other forums and it's always a mighty night, you were even at one of them :p
    You make it sound as if we're all you're drinking playthings :p:pac:
    Larianne wrote: »
    Yeah, I agree with the place being rather pricey! RiRa is great for a dance when you're so píssed you don't want to buy any more drink! :pac:
    This would be my plan, too! Moar dancing, less drinking :D

No to Capitol. Hate it :cool:

Friday 24th August
    Hermione* wrote: »
    You make it sound as if we're all you're drinking playthings :p:pac:

hehehe :D

Why do you think I keep saying "here have a sip of this...no really it's lovely trrrrrrrrry it"....so my playthings will become more playful ya see :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

hehehe :D

Why do you think I keep saying "here have a sip of this...no really it's lovely trrrrrrrrry it"....so my playthings will become more playful ya see :pac:
    I meant more the "so and sos are drinking that night, so you should drink then" type date-setting carry-on! :pac:

You drink Jager, so I never drink what you're drinking! :p

Friday 24th August
    Hermione* wrote: »
    I meant more the "so and sos are drinking that night, so you should drink then" type date-setting carry-on! :pac:

You drink Jager, so I never drink what you're drinking! :p

Oh no! It all happened seperately I had nothing to do with any organising this time. :D The nocs had their thing sorted awhile ago. Then my leaving do/other boardsies birthday/graduation combined beers was planned for the 18th. Then I pop onto this forum to invite everyone and find grames has popped up a thread for beering on the 18th too! That's why I was all woooo soo many Boardsies have great thinking alike minds :D \o/

Even if this doesn't go ahead on the 18th I'll still invite the folks of this forum to my celebrations so it's all good either way. If folks can't make one they can make the other and vice versa :)

Only Otis forced Jager upon me! I go for the Frosties flavoured drink and force it upon everyone ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Friday 24th August
    Oh no! It all happened seperately I had nothing to do with any organising this time. :D The nocs had their thing sorted awhile ago. Then my leaving do/other boardsies birthday/graduation combined beers was planned for the 18th. Then I pop onto this forum to invite everyone and find grames has popped up a thread for beering on the 18th too! That's why I was all woooo soo many Boardsies have great thinking alike minds :D \o/

Even if this doesn't go ahead on the 18th I'll still invite the folks of this forum to my celebrations so it's all good either way. If folks can't make one they can make the other and vice versa :)

Only Otis forced Jager upon me! I go for the Frosties flavoured drink and force it upon everyone ;)

What is this Frosties you speak of? I LOVE FROSTIES :D:D:D:D:D

Also I'll be an 18th person. Ain't no able to go to to beerz and the MEGA BEERZ is where it's at (cos it's where I'll be!)

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭cade

The Czech inn in Temple bar could be a good choice too, I'm just thinking of the upstairs layout, also it's been relatively empty the last few Saturdays I've been there.

I'm fine for whatever Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dubhan

That's right folks, the prodigal son of The Gentlemans Club, Coppers regular and all round nice guy Otis Driftwood is back....and this time......he means business!

[take 2]

That's right folks, we have a new boardsie joining the ranks of tGC and he goes by the name of Necronos! Welcome to boards mate!

-

To celebrate this majestic occassion I propose a Beers must take place! As per usual all are welcome! In fact the more the merrier! So let's get the Ball rolling, decide on a venue and date. Dublin will be the location - the pub is open to consideration (see below). To help our country bretheren I think we should make the date suggestions from Mid August on. (Saturday the 18th I think is perfect - but that's just me)

Pub suggestions (I will edit this as time goes on):

The Globe
    The Grand Social
    TP Smiths
    Doyles
    The Lotts
    The Mercaintile
    Bull and Castle
    The Palace
    Aginst The Grain
    Capitol
    Short Short's place!

Let's get this party started........Literally!! :)
    Thanks man

Friday 31st August
    Thread needs a poll etc. etc.

Friday 31st August
    I could probably manage this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

Can't make it at all. Must sit around sober not doing my dissertation. Boo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Atari Jaguar
    Google Necronos uncut trailer,the one on YouTube is censored,hardcore German splatter horror FTW!

I giggled and winced and giggled some more the whole way through, is that wrong?

Looks like I won't be around until about the 25th either I'd say.

• Advertisement

Friday 31st August

I giggled and winced and giggled some more the whole way through, is that wrong?

Looks like I won't be around until about the 25th either I'd say.

Not at all,its pure cheesey gory goodness!

=)

25th would work for me anyway as the wedding isn't til the following weekend

Advertisement