Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beers? It's on the 25th Aug in Four Dame Lane, downstairs. Whohoo!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Friday 31st August
    Most of us dont bite...

Some of us get a little handsy though...

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭cade

blacklilly wrote: »
    Oh, I've a habit of biting people but I'll try keep my teeth to myself that night

Please don't, after a night out with a friend and his now Ex I'm kind of twitchy about this. The girl mentioned she had to go back to the dentist to get her teeth sharpened. When I asked her why she would get her teeth sharpened she told me it was so she could do the following, and then proceeded to quickly grab hold of me and bite my forearm. She didn't break the skin (just about, bruised afterwards) but did succeed in pinching a nerve. I laughed it off at the time but the only sensation in my forearm and hand for eight days afterwards was pins and needles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

cade wrote: »
    Please don't, after a night out with a friend and his now Ex I'm kind of twitchy about this. The girl mentioned she had to go back to the dentist to get her teeth sharpened. When I asked her why she would get her teeth sharpened she told me it was so she could do the following, and then proceeded to quickly grab hold of me and bite my forearm. She didn't break the skin (just about, bruised afterwards) but did succeed in pinching a nerve. I laughed it off at the time but the only sensation in my forearm and hand for eight days afterwards was pins and needles.

Sounds like she should have been going to a Vet rather than a dentist.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Friday 24th August
    Maguined wrote: »
    Some of us get a little handsy though...

Most of us do :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Awww. I've been lurking here for a while and was hoping to make this beers, but I can't make the 25th Aug. Looking forward to the next one. Enjoy. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

Is this likely to be a sausagefest? :)

• Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Atari Jaguar
    This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Atari Jaguar

No, a beers in a forum for guys is actually a secret pickup fest, full of hot women in your area waiting to meet you NOW.

Friday 31st August

You're asking will there be a lot of men at a Gentlemens club beers?

awec wrote: »
    So what if it is?

Just asking.
    bluewolf wrote: »
    No, a beers in a forum for guys is actually a secret pickup fest, full of hot women in your area waiting to meet you NOW.
    You're asking will there be a lot of men at a Gentlemens club beers?

AFAIK, guys turn up to Ladies Lounge meetups. Just wondering if the reverse is true. Obviously not. Thanks for the non stereotypical boards mod reply...

• Advertisement

Friday 31st August

AFAIK, guys turn up to Ladies Lounge meetups. Just wondering if the reverse is true. Obviously not. Thanks for the non stereotypical boards mod reply...

There are always some women there yes, usually the ones that are regular posters in the forum. In fairness what answer were you expecting when you use the term sausagefest? :pac:

Atari Jaguar

There are always some women there yes, usually the ones that are regular posters in the forum. In fairness what answer were you expecting when you use the term sausagefest? :pac:

A fine word.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Atari Jaguar

Certainly not humour. Oh no. Srs bzns time.

Ladies do turn up. Plenty of them.

They don't turn up to be chatted up by gents club posters mind (as your "sausagefest" term implied).

I'd imagine some of them do. I'm basing this on meetups I have gone to on other fora (not boards), some go to make friends others go for "other reasons". Sure that's the real world, no?

Friday 31st August
    I'd imagine some of them do. I'm basing this on meetups I have gone to on other fora (not boards), some go to make friends others go for "other reasons". Sure that's the real world, no?

Ah I'm sure some do to be fair. But honestly, posts like that are likely to put people who wouldn't be going for that, off going completely. I'm not trying to have a dig, just saying it how I see it.

Atari Jaguar

Ah I'm sure some do to be fair. But honestly, posts like that are likely to put people who wouldn't be going for that, off going completely. I'm not trying to have a dig, just saying it how I see it.

I know you're not, I didn't realise sausagefest would lead to such uproar. Allow me to rephrase...

"Would the ratio of men to women be so high at this meetup it might lower one's probability of meeting his true love?"

:p

I'd say if you're going for the sole purpose of trying to chat up women you won't enjoy it. :)

Ah, I would probably go anyway. I could let my belly hang free. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

I'd say if you're going for the sole purpose of trying to chat up women you won't enjoy it. :)

Could be mildly amusing for the rest of us though!! ;)

• Advertisement

Atari Jaguar

Ah sorry lad, I misinterpreted your post before. :)

Not having a go at ye.

No bother, text chatting can be difficult to interpret sometimes. Anyway, I would like to attend but I shan't be in the city that night. Enjoy.

Friday 31st August
    Ah there's a good few ladies in attendance usually a relatively even ratio I'd have thought. They're great nights out though :)

After today's hangover, I think I'll have to sit this one out. I'm wrecked and I've got EP the following weekend and Ibiza the weekend after that!

Ah there's a good few ladies in attendance usually a relatively even ratio I'd have thought. They're great nights out though :)

After today's hangover, I think I'll have to sit this one out. I'm wrecked and I've got EP the following weekend and Ibiza the weekend after that!

Nice. Next time then!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Atari Jaguar
    I wish I could go, will be good craic! Enjoy...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Friday 24th August
    Yea lads I am raging I can't make this one, but the beers just gone cleaned me out. Enjoy and see yas soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Can't make this now. I'm getting stung having to pay a huge amount of tax next week unexpectedly and that's going to eat up all my money.

Hopefully next time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Atari Jaguar
    "Would the ratio of men to women be so high at this meetup it might lower one's probability of meeting his true love?"

well I met mine at a tGC beers so take from that what you will!!

Theres always a daycent number of the posters both male and female at these beers!

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

Friday 24th August
    Officially booked for 8pm! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Friday 31st August
    Looking forward to this,twil be good to see ye crazy gaize again.

Advertisement