Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV offering 24mb broadband in Prosperous

Options
  • 18-07-2012 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭

Is 24mb available in prosperous, county kildare? I just had two utv sales people at the door asking was I with eircom and promising much faster speeds with a lower contention ratio and no congestion. They claim 24mb next generation broadband is available in prosperous but the village is lucky to have up to 8mb afaik.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Is 24mb available in prosperous, county kildare? I just had two utv sales people at the door asking was I with eircom and promising much faster speeds with a lower contention ratio and no congestion. They claim 24mb next generation broadband is available in prosperous but the village is lucky to have up to 8mb afaik.

Hi foggy_lad,

I've checked this for you using the phone number from a previous case (059-91*****) and can confirm that your suspicions are correct here. There is a possibility of 24mb within close range to the exchange but on your actual street it seems to be in the 4-5mb range for most lines. This is a distance related restriction. Can't speak on behalf of the salesmen but it does seem they're 'misinformed' regarding the max download rate.
    Hope this helps.

Regards

James

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Hi foggy_lad,

I've checked this for you using the phone number from a previous case (059-91*****) and can confirm that your suspicions are correct here. There is a possibility of 24mb within close range to the exchange but on your actual street it seems to be in the 4-5mb range for most lines. This is a distance related restriction. Can't speak on behalf of the salesmen but it does seem they're 'misinformed' regarding the max download rate.
    Hope this helps.

Regards

James
    How could anyone in eircom think that prosperous has an 059 STD code:D try 04589**** pm sent with number James.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

foggy_lad wrote: »
    How could anyone in eircom think that prosperous has an 059 STD code

Hi,

Was wondering about it but I just went to the last contact and took the ph. number... jumping the gun I suppose :o

The line you gave the number for was at the lower end of this, but the max speed for the area from seems to be around 17-20mb. This is a fairly realistic speed for an 'up to 24mb' package. I tested this and 3 houses each side of it. Apologies to the salesmen, my mistake!

James

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Thanks for that James, I can pass that information on now.

Advertisement