Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (WEEK 19) July 20-22 2012

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

2-0 City against Sligo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

If we can hold on this will be a huge win for us going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭TheHopeful

2-2 now

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

If we can hold on this will be a huge win for us going forward.

2-2 now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

:o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Finished 2-2

Apparently Quigley should have got his hat trick in injury time!!

Very happy with the draw though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Im told Sligos late penalty was an atrocity of a decision.

Same ol same ol again though, we have a lead, and we throw it away. We do not have the defence to defend a lead, so why try? Our strengths are attacking, so stick to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Fecking sick and tired of UCD at this stage. The bogiest of bogey sides! The heat out there was unreal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

gimmick wrote: »

Same ol same ol again though, we have a lead, and we throw it away. We do not have the defence to defend a lead, so why try? Our strengths are attacking, so stick to that.
    Yeah probably wouldn't be given most of the time. Wouldn't say an atrocity though, he was definitely fouled.

Still, despite leading 2-0, ye were very lucky to come out with a point overall I thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

That Quigley miss late on..oh jaysus. Coming from 2-0 down to 2-2, I should really be happy with a point. But after a chance like that to win it I can't help but feel disappointed that we did not get 3 points.

Great news - CCFC are playing Shells this week. Let the games begin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Great news - CCFC are playing Shells this week. Let the games begin.

Your obviously hoping for a bitchfest with that post, and the childish mis-spelling and link. Grow the f**k up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭shanec1928

was soft but made up for the one which should have been given when Jason was dragged about 5 yards around you box by one of your centre backs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

dan1895 wrote: »
    Your obviously hoping for a bitchfest with that post, and the childish mis-spelling and link. Grow the f**k up.

Well done for biting.

Des wrote: »
    Well done for biting.

I know, shame myself sometimes. But that's me vented and I'm not getting involved in anymore talk unless its to do with the football.

• Advertisement

shanec1928 wrote: »
    was soft but made up for the one which should have been given when Jason was dragged about 5 yards around you box by one of your centre backs.

Erra, I am only going by text reports so will make my own mind up when I see MNS later.

As i said already (and numerous times before), we are incapable of holding a lead it seems. And that is far more irritating than whether than pen should have been or not.

Speaking of MNS, I'm wondering how many of Hancock's blunders they'll show tonight. Actually I wonder how many of the chances in the game they'll show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Disappointing to throw away a 2-0 lead but were lucky to escape with a point after Quigley's miss (How he won MOTM after coming on with 20 mins to go and touching the ball 3 times I dunno!).

To be fair, we could have easily been one down before the 10 minute mark, and Nults' 'spill' actually stopped Danny North scoring at the back post. Goal was another early throw on which we broke on, Healy gave it down the line to Turner who took it on another 20 yards and shot, which I think (hard to see with the poles!) deflected of McGuinness and I don't think anyone knew if it was going in before Turner wheeled away to celebrate!

As a matter of fact, both of our goals went against the run of play, Nults made a good low stop from Millian and then North had a point blank header saved, and then we went up the other end and Vinny found some space and hit one of the best finishes I've seen all season right into the bottom left hand corner from the edge of the box.

Then we shat it and dropped deep like we always do. The first was a free-kick, but the ball was spotted a good 7/8 yards left of where it should have, which allowed Quigley to take it on his right foot, as opposed to a left footed player. They missed another few chances and we had a corner badly overhit (Not the first time this season!). The penalty wasn't a peno, Gav Kav (Far and away the MOTM) cleanly won the ball and after an eternity (The lino 30 yards away gave it) the ref pointed to the spot. And like I said Quigley's miss would have been unforgivable had they been 2-1 down.

Dunleavy, Hoggy and Colin Healy played well. Kalen was shaky and gave away a lot of ball, the game passed Davin by completely and Duggan didn't impress me either (Although he was clearly missing Gearóid). Nults played very well. Keigan Parker couldn't do much given there was an awful lot of high ball into him, and there was no way he deserved to be booked.

Anyways, Sligo have dropped 4 points now in their last two home games and have a tough game Sunday, league's a long way from over!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Terrible decision for Sligo's penalty, North went over way too easy and actually jumps a few feet forward.

Shels scored a cracker of a goal though, one of the best moves and then finish you'll see all season to be honest.

As predicted Hancock's blunders completely ignored.

Drogheda defender clearing the ball and taking Gorman out of it in the process, ref gives a free out - not shown
    Stephen Paisly wins a header and gets booked for it - not shown
    Brennan pushing Cassidy to the ground and only gets yellow - not shown
    Two footed, studs up tackle on Hughes - not shown

And there was stupid decisions the other way too but there the ones that come to mind.

Also that was never a penalty for Sligo, refereeing in this league is atrocious.

And that should have been a stonewall peno for Pats!

• Advertisement

refereeing in this league is atrocious.
    Welcome to the League of Ireland.

Des wrote: »
    Welcome to the League of Ireland.

I naively thought the standard would be better in the Premier. Having said that I haven't seen anything like the red card we got down in Athlone in 2008.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Looked harsh for Shels' red card and Sligo's penalty, but Hancock issued the card so it was probably wrong. The Cork lad didn't win the ball, but hard to say whether he got North instead.

I naively thought the standard would be better in the Premier. Having said that I haven't seen anything like the red card we got down in Athlone in 2008.

awesome day, the guy who gave me a lift down didn't want to bring me back because I got so angry abusing the ref after that match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

599606_10150954107715732_1708542893_n.jpg

Had to rob this....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I've never seen a ref literally be afraid to leave the pitch at a LoI game and still haven't since that day! :D

Alan Murphy wasn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Fairly poor call for the Sligo peno but probably should have won it in the end. They have that look now of a team where everything is going right for them.

Opposite of Rovers. The last three games it seems that there is a forcefield around the opposite goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

As predicted Hancock's blunders completely ignored.

Drogheda defender clearing the ball and taking Gorman out of it in the process, ref gives a free out - not shown
    Stephen Paisly wins a header and gets booked for it - not shown
    Brennan pushing Cassidy to the ground and only gets yellow - not shown
    Two footed, studs up tackle on Hughes - not shown

And there was stupid decisions the other way too but there the ones that come to mind.

Also that was never a penalty for Sligo, refereeing in this league is atrocious.

And that should have been a stonewall peno for Pats!

I wont even bother to post all the decisions that went against drogheda on the night , but the one thing that was shown was us scoring 2 goals and you scoring one . We deserved to win the game despite some dodgy decisions by the ref . We are all well aware of how bad refs are ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭paddy978

I wont even bother to post all the decisions that went against drogheda on the night , but the one thing that was shown was us scoring 2 goals and you scoring one . We deserved to win the game despite some dodgy decisions by the ref . We are all well aware of how bad refs are ..

You must be wrong, only Shels get decisions against them if their fans are to be believed.

Drogheda were good value for the win and no one I was talking to was denying that afterward. I also mentioned that there were dodgy decisions going the other way and mentioned two decisions from other matches over the weekend. My point was the poor standard of refereeing in the league not that Shels are the only ones on the end of it. I'm obviously going to remember the ones that go against us though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Dan what was the peno for Pats? Only coming back to me now, wasnt much calling for one, but could have been given.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

You deserved the win, however if both your players had got the red cards that they deserved, it would have been quite a different game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

Zebra3 wrote: »
    You deserved the win, however if both your players had got the red cards that they deserved, it would have been quite a different game.

Really ? enlighten me on the incidents and who should have got red cards please ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Really ? enlighten me on the incidents and who should have got red cards please ?
    Crowley for knee high studs in challenge, and Brennan for pushing over Casso.

And I'd add in Alan Byrne to be honest, for giving away 4 freekicks while already on a yellow. Nobody was ever getting sent off for Drogs though.

CSF wrote: »
    Crowley for knee high studs in challenge, and Brennan for pushing over Casso.

And I'd add in Alan Byrne to be honest, for giving away 4 freekicks while already on a yellow. Nobody was ever getting sent off for Drogs though.

Can you give an example of Shels getting the rub of the green from the ref not neccessarily in this game or do you not notice them incidents?

paddy978 wrote: »
    Can you give an example of Shels getting the rub of the green from the ref not neccessarily in this game or do you not notice them incidents?
    Do you actually have a point to make here? Like, do you have these instances ready for me, or are you just musing over the point that there may have been some in our favour too? If its the latter, would you ever go away with that ****e.

CSF wrote: »
    Do you actually have a point to make here? Like, do you have these instances ready for me, or are you just musing over the point that there may have been some in our favour too? If its the latter, would you ever go away with that ****e.

Your always harping on about how all these decisions go against ye but in the interest of neutrality im asking you for an example of times ye get lucky decisions so I know how seriously to take your opinions on referees.

Your always harping on about how all these decisions go against ye but in the interest of neutrality im asking you for an example of times ye get lucky decisions so I know how seriously to take your opinions on referees.
    Of course refereeing decisions go our way SOMETIMES. Every team gets decisions SOMETIMES. That bears no relevance to the fact that we were absolutely shafted with the decisions on Friday night. Thankfully I'm not worried how seriously you take my opinions on referees.

in the interest of neutrality

Lol, why should partisan football fans be interested in neutrality?

If fans of other teams don't want to point out how the pathetic referees in this league affect their teams, then that's their look out.

As long as shítcúnt refs continue to screw over Shelbourne Football Club, week-in, week-out with abysmal calls against us, fans of Shelbourne Football Club are going to point it out.

Fúck the rest of you tbh. I couldn't give a shiney shíte if Bohs, Rovers or Saint Pat's are getting shafted as well, I care that Shels are, and that is that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

I was in a pub before Bohs' last match. Then a ref walked in and I thought it's all gonna kick off now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,080 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Derry v Rovers.

Big game for both teams. Rovers lose and Kenny might be gone. Derry lose and Devine will be under real pressure.

Sad to say it but I can't see us getting much from this. As bad as Rovers are, they have better players than us, and a draw would be a good result.

In the interest of "neutrality" the last big descision that went in our favour was Paisley's handball in the build up to our first goal against Rovers a few weeks back, not that it did us a lot of good.

Also in nearly every game there is always an incidence of me applauding the referee for giving us something and turning around to one of the lads and saying its a joke of a decision.

I don't think they're out to get us, I just think they're incompetent.

Advertisement