Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cobblers Cork City?

Options
  • 18-07-2012 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

So I have these shoes that I really love but the heel is really worn down on them. Can cobblers fix this? If so, does anyone know of a place in town and a rough price? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

MissRetro wrote: »
    So I have these shoes that I really love but the heel is really worn down on them. Can cobblers fix this? If so, does anyone know of a place in town and a rough price? Thanks!

Yeah they can! I think cobblers are probably busier than ever before as people are holding on to their shoes and getting them reheeled rather than buying new pairs!

There's this guy in the side lane off Patrick Street leading into the English Market on the left hand side - not sure of the name of the place but he's fairly reasonable - not sure exactly what it would cost but he was cheapest last time I got shoes done.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭PcAngel

There is a guy in Wilton by the CUH entrance and also a guy in the Paul Street shopping Centre. I haven't used them so I can't vouch for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭MissRetro

leahyl wrote: »
    Yeah they can! I think cobblers are probably busier than ever before as people are holding on to their shoes and getting them reheeled rather than buying new pairs!

There's this guy in the side lane off Patrick Street leading into the English Market on the left hand side - not sure of the name of the place but he's fairly reasonable - not sure exactly what it would cost but he was cheapest last time I got shoes done.
    Thanks! :)
    The shoes only cost around 30 new so I'm guessing it would be way less than that..? Also, do you know how long it would take.. as in if I brought in the shoes tomorrow morning I'd have them back ____?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

No one can say how long it will take as will depend on how busy cobbler is. Phone book and phone answers all questions in 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭lisnsooz

The Cobblers on oliver plunkett st across from GPO are great! could be about a tenner maybe for pair heel refit - not sure tho so you should ring and ask!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

lisnsooz wrote: »
    The Cobblers on oliver plunkett st across from GPO are great! could be about a tenner maybe for pair heel refit - not sure tho so you should ring and ask!

I find them to be expensive - the guy in the English Market is cheaper than them anyway.

OP, I reckon if it's just one pair of shoes they might be done by the end of the day/even on the spot depending how busy they are. This guy in the English Market though seems to work on his own so I'd say he would take a bit longer. Even if you brought them into him early and then went off shopping for a while:pac: and went back later they would probably be ready then.

Advertisement