Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving to Tullamore town centre from Kilbeggan

• 18-07-2012 4:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭

I want to drive into the centre of Tullamore tomorrow, I will be coming from Kilbeggan.

There is a small conflict between the various map sources I'm using and Google streetview hasn't been updated to show a section of the new ring road so I need some advice here.

As I approach Tullamore, it looks like I have two options...

1. Before you get to the ring road, veer to the right off the N52 on to the Arden road (this is the old N52) and then stay on this road which takes you into the town and past the hospital on your left. What's called the Arden road on the maps is probably known locally as the Kilbeggan Road.

2. Stay on the N52 until you hit the ring road, turn right here and then left onto the Arden road and continue into town.

The confusion arises because some maps sources say that you cannot turn left off the ring road onto the Arden road meaning you have to take option 1 above. The satellite view of Tullamore is still low-res so I can't see if the Arden road goes under or over the ring road or whether there is an interchange at this junction.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 forrest gump

coylemj wrote: »
    I want to drive into the centre of Tullamore tomorrow, I will be coming from Kilbeggan.

There is a small conflict between the various map sources I'm using and Google streetview hasn't been updated to show a section of the new ring road so I need some advice here.

As I approach Tullamore, it looks like I have two options...

1. Before you get to the ring road, veer to the right off the N52 on to the Arden road (this is the old N52) and then stay on this road which takes you into the town and past the hospital on your left. What's called the Arden road on the maps is probably known locally as the Kilbeggan Road.

2. Stay on the N52 until you hit the ring road, turn right here and then left onto the Arden road and continue into town.

The confusion arises because some maps sources say that you cannot turn left off the ring road onto the Arden road meaning you have to take option 1 above. The satellite view of Tullamore is still low-res so I can't see if the Arden road goes under or over the ring road or whether there is an interchange at this junction.

You can take either route if you are taking route two you take the last exit off the roundabout on the n52 you go through a roundabout and you come upto a junction where you can turn left and go straight into town be careful at the junction there has been a few crashes there. hope this helps you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭The Scawgeen

I would take option 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

I would take option 1.

+1 Simplest route.

Advertisement