Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heaven.

• 18-07-2012 4:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,464 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

What do you do all day when you get there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Look down at all the people burning in hell.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

its like a kind of limbo i think but theres loads of cool stuff like entertainment there when you get up there,all your favourite things and you never put on weight..

feel smug

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Log onto hww.boards.ie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭CavanCrew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

kneemos wrote: »
    What do you do all day when you get there.
    Play Guess Who with all the other imaginary people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

its like a kind of limbo i think but theres loads of cool stuff like entertainment there when you get up there,all your favourite things and you never put on weight..

What if one of your favourite things happens to be putting on weight?

Do you just explode?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

selena gomez

I'll probably get turned away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭crazy cabbage

Time would not exist :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Cloud goes up.
    Cloud goes down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Fap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Place sounds boring as Hell ....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Count water droplets in clouds, or something. Seems terribly boring to be hanging around for all eternity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Better be able to shag or i'm not going!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Day trips to earth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

the_syco wrote: »
    Day trips to earth.

Dress code is a white sheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

the_syco wrote: »
    Day trips to earth.

Now that would be cool! As long as you can pick where and who.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

we're all goin to heaven lads wahey!

Rabies wrote: »
    Dress code is a white sheet.

Woohoo wet sheet competitions :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

look down on the people in hell having fun, chilling with the devil. doing drugs and nasty ****. i cant wait to get to hell. **** is gonna be tight yo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Kick seven shades of ****e out of Jesus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Whatever ya want I suppose, isnt it like the holodeck on Star Trek ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Have sex with lots of virgins, what else?

why would you do that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

hondasam wrote: »
    why would you do that?

Because he's a holier than thou, pontificating prick. Who does he think he is anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Because he's a holier than thou, pontificating prick. Who does he think he is anyway?

Be careful, I hear his old man is a pretty big deal down the old cracker factory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Have sex with 72 virgins. :D It's something I've often thought about though. Wouldn't you just get bored getting what you want all the time? And what about people of other religions? Do they all go to hell because they haven't chosen the right one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

silent tap dancing.

• Advertisement

Teddy is not that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Unavailable for Comment

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    Have sex with 72 virgins.

I've always thought that was unfair really. Like some Nun dies after years of devoted service and gets sent straight to heaven. Ah, she's so happy to be there. Smiling, looking forward to seeing friends and family that have passed on. Chilling, drinking a cup of ambrosia!

Sees God. "Hey God, nice place!" "Ahem, yes," he mutters awkwardly, "I'm going to need you to go over there . . . To that, er, garden."

"You mean the garden where those angels are stripping women and holding them down for that man," she asks?

"Em, yes. . . if you could. . . oh and welcome to Heaven!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

So Paddy dies and arrives at the Pearly Gates. St. Peter lets him and and offers to show him around. Nearby are a group of people wearing turbans and nightdresses, and Paddy asks "Who are they?"

"They? Oh they're Muslims."

A bit further on and another group sitting around a fat sculpture and chanting. "Er...Who are they?"

"Them? Oh they're Buddhists."

Turning a corner they pass by the high walls of what looks almost like a medieval fortress. "What in the name O'God goes on in there?" Asks Paddy.

"There? Oh, they're Catholics. They think they're the only ones here!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

I've always thought that was unfair really. Like some Nun dies after years of devoted service and gets sent straight to heaven. Ah, she's so happy to be there. Smiling, looking forward to seeing friends and family that have passed on. Chilling, drinking a cup of ambrosia!

Sees God. "Hey God, nice place!" "Ahem, yes," he mutters awkwardly, "I'm going to need you to go over there . . . To that, er, garden."

"You mean the garden where those angels are stripping women and holding them down for that man," she asks?

"Em, yes. . . if you could. . . oh and welcome to Heaven!"

Yes one man's dream is another man's nightmare, so how exaclty would heaven facilitate everyone? And what would happen to a female suicide bomber? It would probably be better to be killed by a female suicide bomber. You might get killed by a flying tit! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

I guess it's like going to sleep and never waking up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

... up there with our Lord and Stalin and Bob Marley....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I might work as a pilot, trying to bring the plane down without any major incident ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

Heaven wouldn't work at all in reality - humans are annoying creatures that have a deep need to always want more and to want what we can't have. We're also destructive b*st**ds. We'd all be deeply unhappy living in a place where all our needs are met - sounds boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Heaven wouldn't work at all in reality - humans are annoying creatures that have a deep need to always want more and to want what we can't have. We're also destructive b*st**ds. We'd all be deeply unhappy living in a place where all our needs are met - sounds boring.
    Daveysil15 wrote: »
    Have sex with 72 virgins. :D It's something I've often thought about though. Wouldn't you just get bored getting what you want all the time? And what about people of other religions? Do they all go to hell because they haven't chosen the right one?

Never underestimate the selfishness of the other guy :D

Getting everything I ever wanted, whenever I wanted, for eternity? Sweet.

Never underestimate the selfishness of the other guy :D

Getting everything I ever wanted, whenever I wanted, for eternity? Sweet.

It'd be fantastic for a little while and then it just won't do it for you anymore - like waiting all year for the newest Xbox and when you finally get it, it's sweet as and you can't get away from it for days on end but after a while it's lost it's awesomeness and you go online to find out when the newest DS is gonna be coming out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

I'd mastebate ferociously, cause i'm already there and it means me mammy was wrong!

21/25

It'd be fantastic for a little while and then it just won't do it for you anymore - like waiting all year for the newest Xbox and when you finally get it, it's sweet as and you can't get away from it for days on end but after a while it's lost it's awesomeness and you go online to find out when the newest DS is gonna be coming out.

Not true I still love my xbox and I am incredibly selfish! Also DS sucks and would not be in my Heaven.

Not true I still love my xbox and I am incredibly selfish! Also DS sucks and would not be in my Heaven.

Well, can't argue with that - have fun. The selfish thing will probably keep you out of heaven though - ironic, no?

BTW I just realised you keep telling me you're selfish, I'm not sure why or what that's got to do with anything I've said?

Well, can't argue with that - have fun. The selfish thing will probably keep you out of heaven though - ironic, no?

Oh it won't be selfishness that keeps me out of heaven, trust me. . .

That said the irony is still delicious thank you :)

That said the irony is still delicious thank you :)

um....:confused: okily dokily neighbourino

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Wereghost

An eternity of Sunday afternoons, with the only prospect of real change being a one-way ticket out through making some faux pas or other? Sounds like torture of a sort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

In heaven I'd start playing knock-a-dolly on gods front door
    Haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Couldn't think of anything worse than an eternity of anything.
    I couldn't even eat for an eternity, and eating is my favorite thing to do.
    I plan on eating myself to death just the once. Of course that would be gluttony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

hondasam wrote: »

why would you do that?
    Social experiment to see if he really would forgive me.

After that I haunt that Shiite out of TDs in the Dáil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Spend all the time thinking what to do

• Advertisement
Advertisement