Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sunglasses on the top of the head

• 18-07-2012 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭

Where did this idiotic trend develop from and why has it become compulsory for a certain sort of person? They are trying to appear so important and they look like fools. How do we eradicate it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

What's worse is wearing sunglasses when it's dark/in pubs/nightclubs. C*nts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Why would you let it bother you so much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

chin_grin wrote: »
    What's worse are sunglasses at dark/in pubs/nightclubs. C*nts.

yeah i do not understand that....

but if its sunny out and I walk into a shop ill put them on my head, just easier for when I come back out I just put them back down again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭I_smell_fear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Why would you let it bother you so much?

You have sunglasses on your head right now, don't you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

syndeyfife wrote: »
    yeah i do not understand that....

but if its sunny out and I walk into a shop ill put them on my head, just easier for when I come back out I just put them back down again.

That's excusable, but it's the thing of going to a dark place and leaving them on. C*nts, <puts another euro in the swear jar>

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

if i'm wearing sunglasses outside and then i go into a shop i put them on my head, it's not like you can put sunglasses in you backpocket. Only problem is if i have gel in my hair then i have to go clean the glasses again:mad:

Anyway better to have sunglasses than to be walking around squinting in the sun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Or people driving wearing sunglasses on overcast days... you look like a fucking asshole and a dangerous asshole at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

LoYL wrote: »
    Where did this idiotic trend develop from and why has it become compulsory for a certain sort of person? They are trying to appear so important and they look like fools. How do we eradicate it?

If you don't have a case handy, where else are they gonna go?

I don't have my personal shaved helper monkey with me at all times, so mine go ON my head or on the dash of my car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Christ, I was in a good mood and then you went and reminded me that Brendan O Carroll exists.

He wears normal glasses on his head, looks even worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Im putting my sunglasses on my head right now.

F U OP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Mr Magners

Not too bothered by the top of the head but the people that shift them up to rest on their forehead!!!!

Pricks!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

What's worse are sunglasses at dark/in pubs/nightclubs. C*nts.

maybe they dont want people to see their pupils for good reason

i dont do this by the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

I was once on an afternoon piss up. It went well into the night. I was in a bar on South William St (dublin before any asshat asks). I had my sunglasses with me from earlier and they were now on my head as it was somewhat dusky outside.

So my mate decided to go for a smoke out the front. I decided to follow him and for a joke I put my sunglasses on and grabbed his shoulder and followed him as it I was blind. There were about three steps to the front door and as we reached them I let go and he walked of.

I stood there balancing on the step watching through my glasses the look of shock and horror as a bunch of people wondered if I was going to fall. I waved my arms about a lot as if to get my balance. They were frozen in fear. I even heard one girl call my friend a prick for leaving his poor blind friend at the steps.

After what felt like hrs and with nobody offering to help I walked down the steps as normal and went and enjoyed my smoke.

Now if I had not worn my sunglasses on my head that night then this hilarity would not have ensued!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

its for covering their devil horns..

true story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Agreed, cunts the lot of em.

Oh and hipsters. Fecking hate hipsters. Cunts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Mr Magners wrote: »
    Not too bothered by the top of the head but the people that shift them up to rest on their forehead!!!!

Pricks!!

My uncle does that, then when he needs them he raises his eyebrows and they fall back down again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Rabies wrote: »
    I don't have my personal shaved helper monkey with me

dafuq?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭LoYL

Im putting my sunglasses on my head right now.

F U OP!

Aha. There's one now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Hasn't anyone heard of photochromatic lenses? They cost only about €50 more than ordinary lenses, and automatically become darker when the sun is shining.:):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

i do this with my sunglasses on my head but only if i'm not wearing my Kangol hat (backwards of course)

playa hatas :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    Hasn't anyone heard of photochromatic lenses? They cost only about €50 more than ordinary lenses, and automatically become darker when the sun is shining.:):)

and why would I need these lenses?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

They're also shite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

whataboutery the ones who

Or people driving wearing sunglasses on overcast days... you look like a fucking asshole and a dangerous asshole at that.

I wear sunglasses nearly all the time when driving unless its very overcast or raining heavily. Even a normal overcast day it can be quite hazy and my eyes are quite sensitive to it so rather than squinting and my eyes getting tired I wear sunglasses regardless of what other people might think. Sometimes even when its raining I leave them on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Sauve wrote: »
    dafuq?

I had to shave little Timmy. He is now more aerodynamic as he swings through the trees getting my dinner ready. Do you not have a helper monkey?
    Butlers are so last slave trade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I wear sunglasses nearly all the time when driving unless its very overcast or raining heavily.

That's got to be dangerous. Close the sunroof and put down the visors to darken the cabin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

I had to shave little Timmy. He is now more aerodynamic as he swings through the trees getting my dinner ready. Do you not have a helper monkey?
    Butlers are so last slave trade

Of course. I'd never actually shave George though. Who'd warm my belly at night if I did that?
    Then again, West of Ireland monkeys need all the bumfluff they can grow these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Sunglasses on head or sunglasses as big as dinner plates. hmmmm :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Roadend wrote: »
    You have sunglasses on your head right now, don't you

Yeah sitting in my kitchen and the laptops too bright! wheres my shades?
    Nah lad i just dont worry about what other people are doing no matter how big a knob they look:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,463 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Am I the only one who hangs my sunglasses on collar of shirt when not wearing them?

Much like this fine gentleman: http://www.posh24.com/photo/564795/giovanni_ribisi_hat_sunglasses

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

When not in use, I put the Sunglasses on backwards, as though I had eyes on the back of my head (I don't have eyes on the back of my head). If I have them on top of my head they just fall forward frequently, which is annoying.

I'm the only person I've ever seen do this, but it's efficient.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

If you don't have a case handy, where else are they gonna go?
    hanging on your collar? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

This thread reminded me to pack my sunglasses for my holiday tomorrow. You have not influenced me in the slightest on whether I'll wear them on my head or not but thank you anyway OP. :cool:

That's got to be dangerous. Close the sunroof and put down the visors to darken the cabin.

Why would it be dangerous? unless your wearing some crap cheap sunglasses that let in about 1% of the light. Funny you say put down the visors as with the visor you are cutting out a portion of your view completely how is that safer than sunglasses?? Personally I dont like using the visors unless I'm driving into direct sunlight.

I have proper sunglasses (with polarized lenses) and I have no difficulty at all. Overcast and night are not the same thing, its still plenty bright on a hazy over cast day to wear sunglasses, actually a hazy day is nearly harder on the eyes than a proper sunny day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

This thread reminded me to pack my sunglasses for my holiday tomorrow. You have not influenced me in the slightest on whether I'll wear them on my head or not but thank you anyway OP. :cool:

Holiday?! :(

You had to drop that in here just to upset us, didn't you!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,679 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

When I see a fella with sunglasses on top of his head it gives me the impression that he thinks he is Mr Cool.
    Even worse if he has the t shirt collar up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

We have but they look fúcking rediculous. Sitting in a super bright room and your glasses go this shítty brown colour.

Although in fairness people who wear them have given me hours of entertainment laughing at them :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,036 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Silly idea. Your hair will get the lenses all greasy, and then you have to clean them. :rolleyes:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Holiday?! :(

You had to drop that in here just to upset us, didn't you!?

:P You not heading off anywhere soon Teyla?

But yes I'm going to America for six weeks :cool:. It's a good holiday to wear sunglasses on so I've heard (I'm not going to the country solely to wear sunglasses of course, the chance to wear sunglasses is just one of several reasons. I'm just trying to keep my post loosely on topic...)

So After Hours will have to cope without the irreverent postings of Immaculate Pasta until September I'm afraid. I'll speak to you all when I get back of course xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm wearing sunglasses on top of my head right now. I look great.
    Try it OP, you'll like it.

Subliminally I have. You will do it as you always do and you will see some sophisticated foreigner smile and you will think "o no I do look like a Paddette".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,251 ✭✭✭Juwwi

I've seen people wearing normal glasses and a pair sunglasses on their head.

What the fook is that all about.

I do it all the time. If I'm outside I have them on, if I go inside I push them up onto my head. Simple.

Usually pill poppers ;)

biko wrote: »
    I'm wearing sunglasses on top of my head right now. I look great.
    Try it OP, you'll like it.
    The Mods do it! Definitive proof it is seriously old and uncool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

I do it because it's handy. :confused: Just push them up on my head if I'm just dipping indoors for a few minutes. If I'm going in for a long period, I'll take them off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

If I'm wearing sunglasses and I need to take them off briefly - in a shop etc, then I will put them on my head. I'm not going through the trouble of putting them in their case for 5 minutes just to have to take them back out again.

Couldn't give a f*ck what people think of it and tbh, I think if you go to the trouble of putting them away or whatever for a few minutes just to avoid this look then it comes across as quite affected and makes you look like you are trying too hard.

Now sunglasses in a nightclub is a whole other story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

mid life crisis men in their forties with them on the BACK of their head or neck.....dear god!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 thomas353

I find putting objects (i.e barstoolsm dog ****, brickwalls) in there way seems to stem the flow of fools doing this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

:P You not heading off anywhere soon Teyla?

But yes I'm going to America for six weeks :cool:. It's a good holiday to wear sunglasses on so I've heard (I'm not going to the country solely to wear sunglasses of course, the chance to wear sunglasses is just one of several reasons. I'm just trying to keep my post loosely on topic...)

So After Hours will have to cope without the irreverent postings of Immaculate Pasta until September I'm afraid. I'll speak to you all when I get back of course xxx

Lucky you!!! Have a great time! ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement