Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sunglasses on the top of the head

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

dulpit wrote: »
    Am I the only one who hangs my sunglasses on collar of shirt when not wearing them?

Much like this fine gentleman: http://www.posh24.com/photo/564795/giovanni_ribisi_hat_sunglasses

I wear them like that,well in lady fashion.. stick them between my bra.

btw what's the name for the sides of sunglasses..arms? legs? temples?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

frame ??

have done the sunglasses in niteclub, but that was coz all day beering & had them from the start.

I always were sunnies on my head if not using them. :o

Damn you OP, you have given me a complex now.:mad:;)

Jake1 wrote: »
    I always were sunnies on my head if not using them. :o

Damn you OP, you have given me a complex now.:mad:;)

Meh, no matter what you do in this life someone will think you're a wanker for it. Fcuk em all!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Carbon Bootprint

Snakeblood wrote: »
    When not in use, I put the Sunglasses on backwards, as though I had eyes on the back of my head (I don't have eyes on the back of my head). If I have them on top of my head they just fall forward frequently, which is annoying.

I'm the only person I've ever seen do this, but it's efficient.
    How do they stay on? Do you have a nose on the back of your head? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

When I see a fella with sunglasses on top of his head it gives me the impression that he thinks he is Mr Cool.
    Even worse if he has the t shirt collar up.

I thought collars on t-shirts went out of fashion years ago?
    :rolleyes: :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Erm realistically people what's worse, sunnies on the head or people who wear skinny jeans that are too short with white penny's shoes and no socks?

You know those types kill puppies for a hobby

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

there bad BAD people shoot them all!No anyway,sunglasses on the head by the way makes you look crazy theres absolutely no need for it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

I don't mind people who wear them on their head as it's just a convenient way to leave them off for a few minutes.

Anyone who wears these, on the other hand, is a twat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    frame ??

Na that's the front part, just looked it up it's temple....bit of useless info :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

If you want to see someone who inexplicably constantly has sunglasses on their head, do a google image search for Gillian Bowler.

I think she invented it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Dr.Zeus

Laughing at this one.....I do it a lot cos it's convenient. But I never "saw" what I looked like (I don't wear them in the house and there are no mirrors on our street!).......until someone a few months ago told me to "take them off, you look like Batman":D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Qp4Me

pompus twits, usually accompanied by a pony tail.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I wear sunglasses most days of the summer because it stops pollen from getting in my eyes. Lots of people with hay fever do it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Ye can tuck your sunnies wherever ye like and that's ok, but what level of twatterishnessship, cuntageousdiseaseriddenupmeownholery is reflected by the decking of ones head with a feckin bluetooth handsfree-ear-clip-on-dildo-me-yokey?? I don't like them, or their wearers. Some of them even wear sunglasses on their heads with their collars up - and they're all men - never seen a woman who decided to attatch one to themselves. Total knobbery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

Sunglasses on head or sunglasses indoors. Total cunt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭rednik

Why do people in fully tinted window vehicles wear sunglasses???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

rednik wrote: »
    Why do people in fully tinted window vehicles wear sunglasses???

It's illegal to have your windscreen tinted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Why would you let it bother you so much?

because people who do it, generally are c8nts.....one dope in my office wore sunglasses in the canteen last week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

Sunglasses on head or Sunglasses indoors. Total cunt.

FYP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

hanging on your collar? :confused:

I don't wear clothes.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I think the sunglasses on the head thing started with women back in the 70s and for men it's really only been OK to wear them on top of the head in the past 15 years or so.

It was definitely a no no for a guy to wear his sunnies on the top of his head back in the 80s.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Carbon Bootprint

I think it goes back a little further than that. Look at the posters for Al Pacino in "Serpico" circa 1973.

220px-Serpico_imp.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

My friend uses sunglasses as hairbands. Her excuse is that they keep her hair off her face. She does this even if its raining. We keep telling her she looks like a knob but she doesn't care :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

I dunno never wore a pair in my life! Always felt too poseur. Would sooner wear glasses, which I did but not like that... probs collar up, too a Cormac? a Lorcan.

Sea Filly wrote: »
    Sunglasses on head or Sunglasses indoors. Total cunt.

FYP.

Nah it was perfect as it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I find they are generally the same people who address total strangers as "Brah"

So we're all a pack of ***** and idiots.

Can't wait to see what people type about those skinny jean wearing ****!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Rabies wrote: »

Depends if they have a nice bottom or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

LoYL wrote: »
    Where did this idiotic trend develop from and why has it become compulsory for a certain sort of person? They are trying to appear so important and they look like fools. How do we eradicate it?

I wouldn't say it's a trend. People (myself included) have been doing it for as long as I remember. Where else do you expect people to put their sunglasses; in their pocket? If it's a sunny day, I'll wear sunglasses. If I go into a shop, I'll take them off. Normally I use my hands to do shopping so I'm not going to carry my sunglasses. I'm not going to stick them in my pocket. I'm not going to hang them around my neck.

So OP, where do you put them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Sunglasses? Where the hell are ye all living, the Costa Del Sol?

This is Ireland, land of the perpetual cloud. Ye have no need for sunglasses at all. :cool:

Why would you let it bother you so much?

because people who do it, generally are c8nts.....one dope in my office wore sunglasses in the canteen last week.

So you know one person who does it and because he's a c8bt, then everyone else must be too.

Who's the stupid c8nt here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Nevermind the sunglasses, what does my head in, is headphones around the neck.

There's a guy in work here who wears his massive headphones around his neck down for breakfast every morning and down for lunch. He's never puts them on, just leaves them on his neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭AnnaVanilla

Pottler wrote: »
    Ye can tuck your sunnies wherever ye like and that's ok, but what level of twatterishnessship, cuntageousdiseaseriddenupmeownholery is reflected by the decking of ones head with a feckin bluetooth handsfree-ear-clip-on-dildo-me-yokey?? I don't like them, or their wearers. Some of them even wear sunglasses on their heads with their collars up - and they're all men - never seen a woman who decided to attatch one to themselves. Total knobbery.

I think this is now my new favourite word... I'm going to try to use it in a sentence at least once a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

How so?

There's no good reason for wearing sunglasses indoors, but there's reason to put your sunglasses on your head ie. if you don't have your case to hand or are just dipping inside for a few minutes. Don't see how this makes someone a "total cunt". Do explain. I'm genuinely interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Nevermind the sunglasses, what does my head in, is headphones around the neck.

There's a guy in work here who wears his massive headphones around his neck down for breakfast every morning and down for lunch. He's never puts them on, just leaves them on his neck.

This plank requires an intervention...in the way of his nose meeting the table.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Punch them in the eye.

What better reason is there to put them in the right place than a black eye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Im guilty of this I don't see any harm in it, to be honest its not like I walk around pubs with my sunglass's on how ever I've got sensitive eyes :( so I wear them a lot...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Or people driving wearing sunglasses on overcast days... you look like a fucking asshole and a dangerous asshole at that.
    I do this.they're prescription polarised lens and improve my visibility a lot. Mind your own business and stop worrying about what other people are doing

Sea Filly wrote: »

How so?

There's no good reason for wearing sunglasses indoors, but there's reason to put your sunglasses on your head ie. if you don't have your case to hand or are just dipping inside for a few minutes. Don't see how this makes someone a "total cunt". Do explain. I'm genuinely interested.

It puts across a certain image. An image of a total cúnt.
    I can't fathom why they cannot just take them off...

Just to clarify, personally I'm only really referring to men who do this by the way.

Indoors however, both are as rude and retarded looking as each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I wear sunglasses all the time on top of my head so that if I'm in a pub club or anywhere else and I spot a hot looking girl I can stare at her without her knowing. I simply turn my head as if I'm looking in a different direction to fool them, I've only been caught a few times when my glasses steamed up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭plys

Whatever about atop the head, the likes of this makes me violently angry..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

OSI wrote: »
    Polarised lenses give a much clearer and safer view, even on an overcast day as they remove glare and reflections and help sharper up the boundaries between objects making them much easier to distinguish. This, and the fact mine are prescription means I wear them pretty much all the time during daylight when driving.

Who's the asshole now?

Same boat I've got polarized lenses and over cast days there just as good light can be particularly intense even on over cast days if i find my self squinting my glass go on... I couldn't care less wear I am.... or what any one thinks, well done you like scrunching up your face struggling to see.. thats intelligent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

whoa whoa whoa!!
    People saying there's nowhere to put them other than your head - hook them onto the neck of your shirt / tshirt - Instantly look less of a knob this way.

• Advertisement

whoa whoa whoa!!
    People saying there's nowhere to put them other than your head - hook them onto the neck of your shirt / tshirt - Instantly look less of a knob this way.

I can't do that. It would draw attention towards the gold medallion.

I'll wear my sunglasses on my head, and if that upsets some knobhead they have serious problems, not me.

Rabies wrote: »

Depends if they have a nice bottom or not.
    I have a great arse.

deman wrote:
    So you know one person who does it and because he's a c8bt, then everyone else must be too.

Who's the stupid c8nt here?

You do it right?

Answered your own question...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

LoYL wrote: »
    Where did this idiotic trend develop from and why has it become compulsory for a certain sort of person? They are trying to appear so important and they look like fools. How do we eradicate it?

Here we have a loner, a nobody commenting on the most petty thing I've heard of in ages, who gives a fúck?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

I dont wear sun glasses inside usually but seeing how angry everyone in this thread is about people doing it makes me want to start. I dont know why people care so much about what other people do when its such a small thing. No one is being harmed, whats the problem?

• Advertisement
Advertisement