Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sunglasses on the top of the head

13»

Comments

whoa whoa whoa!!
    People saying there's nowhere to put them other than your head - hook them onto the neck of your shirt / tshirt - Instantly look less of a knob this way.

And then I would be accused of being a slag trying to draw attention to my cleavage. Like I said, someone will always think you're a wanker :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I'd only wear sunglasses if it was really sunny and I was outside in the sun or driving in it, you know, what sunglasses are actually for.

Wearing sunglasses on your head just seems practical to me (as long as it's sunny outside and you've gone into a shop/pub or something).

I also think if you meet someone you know and you or they have sunglasses on they should be removed for politeness.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

wearing sunglasses inside and outside when its overcast = asshole

VEN wrote: »

I don't wear sunglasses unless it's fairly bright out but even if it's overcast you are still susceptible to UV rays, which is why you're supposed to wear sunscreen even on a cloudy day. Also people might be more sensitive to light. But if you want to think they're all assholes that's your choice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

if it's overcast you are still susceptible to UV rays, which is why you're supposed to wear sunscreen even on a cloudy day.

they tell you this but i'm still alive and will probably die from lung cancer.

I don't wear sunglasses unless it's fairly bright out but even if it's overcast you are still susceptible to UV rays, which is why you're supposed to wear sunscreen even on a cloudy day. Also people might be more sensitive to light. But if you want to think they're all assholes that's your choice :)

So to sum up the thread.

People have differing ideas about what 'overcast' means and have differing visual sensitivity to the Sun when it comes to wearing sunglasses.

Give that man a cream bun and a cup of tea and close the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

I've worn sunglasses indoors and wear them 90% of the time outdoors, I pop them on my head the other 10% of the time.

I got a bad paper cut on my eye ball 6 years ago, and suffer from recurrent corneal erosion ( very painfully) sunlight and glare really annoy my eyes so I wear sunglasses a lot of the time, if the sun goes behind think cloud I pop the glasses on my head till the sunlight comes through a bit stronger even mild sunlight. I even wear sunglasses when it's raining, I need to get little window wipers for them, they are Polaroid. Any bit of glare hurts my eye, a normal eye might be ok but even if its overcast I still need sunglasses on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

Rabies wrote: »
    If you don't have a case handy, where else are they gonna go?

I don't have my personal shaved helper monkey with me at all times, so mine go ON my head or on the dash of my car.

God bless shirts with large pockets:)

VEN wrote: »

Try getting a large paper cut on your eye ball and suffering from recurrent corneal erosion and you will soon change your mind.

I got a bad paper cut on my eye ball 6 years ago, and suffer from recurrent corneal erosion

Sweet baby Jesus of the golden fleece nappy that made me wince.

• Advertisement

So to sum up the thread.

People have differing ideas about what 'overcast' means and have differing visual sensitivity to the Sun when it comes to wearing sunglasses.

Give that man a cream bun and a cup of tea and close the thread.

Oooooh I do love a cream bun :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

What about if you have to make a Horatio one liner from CSI Miami ?

Oooooh I do love a cream bun :p

Washed down with a nice cuppa tea. :)

Washed down with a nice cuppa tea. :)

Milk no sugar. Ta.

I got a bad paper cut on my eye ball 6 years ago, and suffer from recurrent corneal erosion

Sweet baby Jesus of the golden fleece nappy that made me wince.

Yep it's that painful, and when you blink which is like 20 times a minute you feel the pain over and over again, had to have 20 needles poked in my eye ball to try and get the cornea to reattach itself as it was floating around. My eyes are very sensitive..

My 17 month old was at the table and I bent down to look at his picture and he swiped the paper and it tore against my eye, leaving a 4mm cut and as I blinked my eye shut at the same time it scraped the cornea off that area.... Had to call my hubby from work to take me to a and e.

A paper cut on your finger is painful on the eye it's 100s times worse and each blink reopens the wound.

When it's healed it only takes a quick blink to redo all the damage. Having sunglasses helps relax the eye, reduces glare and protects from wind.

Would love a jam doughnut and a tea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

OSI wrote: »
    Polarised lenses give a much clearer and safer view, even on an overcast day as they remove glare and reflections and help sharper up the boundaries between objects making them much easier to distinguish. This, and the fact mine are prescription means I wear them pretty much all the time during daylight when driving.

Who's the asshole now?
    I don't instinctivly like or trust anybody who wears prescription sunglasses - I always think they are hiding behind them, or hiding their inner cunt behind them. Same goes for beards. Generally assholes. Just my own view, but there ya go. Some people with beards are not assholes, they're just cunts. But not in an assholey way, just in a cuntish way.:) No offence:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭bubbuz

Or people driving wearing sunglasses on overcast days... you look like a fucking asshole and a dangerous asshole at that.

I wear sunglasses while driving even on overcast days if the its stilll bright enough, not for the image thing but purely to the fact that I have very light sensitive eyes...... ah well, I must be a f***ing asshole

MaxSteele wrote: »
    What about if you have to make a Horatio one liner from CSI Miami ?

Rookie: Why's the victim wearing sunglasses at night driving a car?

Horatio: That's what we've got to find out *takes off shades* Let's shine the bright light of the law on this and see what we can uncover.

WHHAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Jay D wrote: »
    Here we have a loner, a nobody commenting on the most petty thing I've heard of in ages, who gives a fúck?
    Nice, I bet you wear sunglasses on your head everywhere, have a beard, both on your face and your back, wear prescription tinted lenses and like long walks. What exactly makes you such a somebody Jay? I'll drop this now but that's ^ not even funny, it's just schnide. Loyl, I don't know who the feck you are, but go gettim big dog. Go on, go.. ah what's the point.

• Advertisement

Yep it's that painful...

Okay, okay, I withdraw my snarky comments and stand down on the issue.

People wear shades out of the Sun's gaze for different reasons and may not necessarily be trying to look 'cool'. I done learned me something today.
    Would love a jam doughnut and a tea

Mmmm... tea and buns/cake/doughnuts. I'm peckish now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Pathetic thread tbh.The Op needs to get a life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

I was always a fan of the goggles on the top of one's head, like on Digimon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

I wear them on top of my head to protect my second pair of eyes up there under the hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

You do it right?

Answered your own question...

It? Which?

If you mean wearing sunglasses on the head, then yes. But if you read though the thread you would know that already.

If you mean wearing sunglasses inside, then no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭FANTAPANTS

big sword and head cut off them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭rubadubduba

who fkn cares there just http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9WTlP08LEg .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

I have iris nevi with one iris melanoma. I have to wear sunglasses even in fairly overcast weather. I do feel paranoid about it and some of the posts on this thread haven't made that any better but there you go - the fact that there are so many judgemental idiots in the world doesn't really come as a surprise I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

LoYL wrote: »
    Where did this idiotic trend develop from and why has it become compulsory for a certain sort of person? They are trying to appear so important and they look like fools. How do we eradicate it?

Have you seriously got nothing else to worry about? Seriously?

I do find it strange that Irish people have a hang up about sunglass owners in general. Wtf like?

I personally have prescription sunglasses and wear them all the time because I lost my actual glasses in Coppers about a month ago and haven't got around to replacing them. Driving at night with sunglasses raises a few eyebrows from fellow motorists :o

Oh and I put mine on my head because I more than often forget to take them off when getting out of the car, and the last time I put them in my pocket I broke them.

Basically, I'm very unlucky with all eyewear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

I wear my sunglasses at night so I can so I can!

Advertisement