Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'Cut the dole' they say: What the IMF wants, the IMF gets

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

puffishoes wrote: »
    wow, you're not great at math.

What job are we going to get you into at all

188 X 52 = 9776

9776 / 12 = 814.60

so yes, in excess of 800e a month.

next question genius.

But how much of that is disposible?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

188 X 52 = 9776

9776 / 12 = 814.60

next question genius.

Actually... you would have to have that saved up and take it per month or have it given to you each month in that amount.

In reality it's 188 per week, times 4. Which we get 752 per month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭EchoO

188 X 52 = 9776

9776 / 12 = 814.60

next question genius.

Whats with the attitude, ffs,

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭emul8ter25

Sin City wrote: »
    On the dole?

I think your cousin is having you on

lol u think?

she gets child allowance, rent allowance, the whole lot...

now i know you are going to say "thats different!" but it all boils down to the same thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 690 ✭✭✭puffishoes

Actually... you would have to have that saved up and take it per month or have it given to you each month in that amount.

In reality it's 188 per week, times 4. Which we get 752 per month.

can't find a job

can't do math

can't budget basic finances.

The picture is becoming clearer.

you realise there's months were you get paid 5 times? right?

• Advertisement

emul8ter25 wrote: »
    lol u think?

she gets child allowance, rent allowance, the whole lot...

now i know you are going to say "thats different!" but it all boils down to the same thing.

So are you going to report her or just complain about it here?

can't find a job

can't do math

can't budget basic finances.

The picture is becoming clearer.

you realise there's months were you get paid 5 times? right?

And yet I can afford a night out once a week by budgeting. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

shopping bill.....

Yeah, but where does the rest of your money go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭war_child

puffi whats ur rent a week ....186*4 = 744

my rents ia 100 euro a week

20 euro gas/elec

40 euro for food

10 euro for travel

leaves me 16 euro disposable

Dont know were your getting your 800 disposable i think u shud head backto school , youll probably get a grant if ya try hard lol

And i dont even drink 16 pays for a pack of tobacco for me and i use free webtexts if i need someone to call me ..thats a more accurate portrayal of what 186 a week is used for

And yet I can afford a night out once a week by budgeting. :D

Ah, you're trolling. I should have spotted earlier. my bad.

good lad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Our shopping bill is aprox 50-60e a week for two people.

if you're on the dole you have in excess of 800e a month disposable income.

how the hell would one starve with more disposable income than most low paid workers?

:confused::confused::confused:

Do you live at home or do you have your own place? You arent taking into account rent, electricity and gas bills, transport costs in getting to and fro, people living in an area where a car is essential.
    If food bills are all you have to worry about, then you are correct.

So are you going to report her or just complain about it here?

report her for what? she is not doing anything wrong, just collecting the benefits she is "entitled" to.

i personally find it sickening that she apparently has enough excess money living off the system to do these things.

Ah, you're trolling. I should have spotted earlier. my bad.

good lad.

I want know, WTF is your problem? Hard to believe someone is able to go out with friends while on the dole?

war_child wrote: »

20 euro gas/elec

40 euro for food

10 euro for travel

Dont know were your getting your 800 disposable i think u shud head backto school , youll probably get a grant if ya try hard lol

maybe you should seek rent allowance?

Do you live at home or do you have your own place? You arent taking into account rent, electricity and gas bills, transport costs in getting to and fro, people living in an area where a car is essential.

SHOPPING BILL....

maybe you should seek rent allowance?

Have to be living there for six months. Plus I believe now they need to "need" a home. I know one girl who had hers cancelled because she could move back home and was basically told to.

report her for what? she is not doing anything wrong, just collecting the benefits she is "entitled" to.

i personally find it sickening that she apparently has enough excess money living off the system to do these things.

She shouldnt have excess money living off the system

There is no way she would be able to go to Vegas and drink like a fish on just benifits.

So maybe she is doing something dodgy or supplimenting her income some other way

For a guy who is happy to insult other people, auld Puffin seems to be having terrible difficulty in answering the simple question we have both asked him.

Have to be living there for six months. Plus I believe now they need to "need" a home. I know one girl who had hers cancelled because she could move back home and was basically told to.

i should have known you would have all the excuses ready to go.

There is no way she would be able to go to Vegas and drink like a fish on just benifits.

So maybe she is doing something dodgy or supplimenting her income some other way

It depends, I think. Some people are fine with drinking cheap drink. The Vegas thing is really dodgy, though. Or she could just be a great gambler :pac:

• Advertisement

20 euro gas/elec

40 euro for food

10 euro for travel

And i dont even drink 16 pays for a pack of tobacco for me and i use free webtexts if i need someone to call me ..thats a more accurate portrayal of what 186 a week is used for

i should receive rental allowance really,,,,, im not entitled to rent allowance because the money we get is over the threshold , have been to the officer about rent allowance and also tried to get council housing to lower the rent but were not entitled , so i sniff fraud

i should have known you would have all the excuses ready to go.

I wasn't the person who you said that too. I was merely pointing out some obvious facts.

For a guy who is happy to insult other people, auld Puffin seems to be having terrible difficulty in answering the simple question we have both asked him.

The budget i gave was a shopping bill for two people, in retort to posts about people starving. what on earth has it to do with my rent your rent or anyone elses rent?

can you explain to me from in excess of 800e a month why someone would be left to starve? considering you can feed 2 adults very well on less than 50e a week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Waffle waffle. We are the waffle makers!

Do you honestly believe that cases like this dont exist all over the place here in ireland?

They do, and its things like this that really piss off people out there working and being so heavily taxed.

I have absolutely nothing against someone being on the Dole which makes it possible for them to get by.

But there are obviously situations where the benefits people receive are just too generous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭Lovbnmoma

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q6REjI77BQ

You have to watch this guys! Thought it was very suitable to the thread!

Do you honestly believe that cases like this dont exist all over the place here in ireland?

They do, and its things like this that really piss off people out there working and being so heavily taxed.

I have absolutely nothing against someone being on the Dole which makes it possible for them to get by.

But there are obviously situations where the benefits people receive are just too generous.

What benefits do you yourself get on the dole, if you don't mind saying.

war_child wrote: »

20 euro gas/elec

40 euro for food

10 euro for travel

i should receive rental allowance really,,,,, im not entitled to rent allowance because the money we get is over the threshold , have been to the officer about rent allowance and also tried to get council housing to lower the rent but were not entitled , so i sniff fraud

if you get 188e how is the money you get over the threshold?

doesn't make sense. I'd retrutn to the SW or discuss with your local relieving officer or equivalent for a review.

The budget i gave was a shopping bill for two people, in retort to posts about people starving. what on earth has it to do with my rent your rent or anyone elses rent?

can you explain to me from in excess of 800e a month why someone would be left to starve? considering you can feed 2 adults very well on less than 50e a week?

Ok so a family of four lets double that, then lets add bills and morgates and then youll find the 188 gets eaten up very fast

• Advertisement

Well what I would ask there is what do you guys eat? A quick run through of the average weekly intake would do.

I'd also suggest giving some shopping tips in thread, where you buy your food and in what quantities for what price.

I must confess that a part of me doubts you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

Everyone who's not on the dole is an expert about how the dole works. It's astonishing.

What benefits do you yourself get on the dole, if you don't mind saying.

none. i am not on the dole.

i do personally know people that are.... so its not just a story i heard about, its first hand knowledge.

Well then confront her

Its people like her who are making these threads possible

Or again are you just going to bitch about it here?

again boards attracts poster's with the worst luck on the planet.

live in the middle of nowhere.

can't do anything for themselves.

live no where near good public transport

have no expirieince in anything of the 26k + 1k jobs opening a week.

can't get rent allowance when we're shelling out millions every year for it.

but yet no one on boards seems to be availing off all these benefits?

strange.

Kurz wrote: »
    Everyone who's not on the dole is an expert about how the dole works. It's astonishing.

Perhaps we should be. Its equally astonishing that people on the Dole know how to milk the system for every last cent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Ms.M

So puffi, what should the dole allowance be out of interest in your very humble opinion?

none. i am not on the dole.

i do personally know people that are.... so its not just a story i heard about, its first hand knowledge.

Oh, yeah. Sorry, you did mention it earlier.

Just report her then.
    By the by, just because some of us know how to milk it, doesn't mean we do.

I rarely use the medical card. I get fuel allowance because it's really cold at times.

That's it.

Granted, I could easily manage to get free sleeping pills and sell them but, I don't.

again boards attracts poster's with the worst luck on the planet.

live in the middle of nowhere.

can't do anything for themselves.

live no where near good public transport

have no expirieince in anything of the 26k + 1k jobs opening a week.

can't get rent allowance when we're shelling out millions every year for it.

but yet no one on boards seems to be availing off all these benefits?

strange.

Back to demeaning people again? Nice touch

Well what I would ask there is what do you guys eat? A quick run through of the average weekly intake would do.

I'd also suggest giving some shopping tips in thread, where you buy your food and in what quantities for what price.

I must confess that a part of me doubts you.

I'm not in receipt of sw payments so I don't see why it's relevant?

You don't think you can feed two people for an avg of 50e a week?

odd, how much do you think it takes?

ha ha ha ye good video .... made by a bunch of filmstudents who still live at home with mamy and daddy ...

• Advertisement

Ms.M wrote: »
    So puffi, what should the dole allowance be out of interest in your very humble opinion?

I don't think there should be any set allowance per se.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Ok so a family of four lets double that, then lets add bills and morgates and then youll find the 188 gets eaten up very fast

The Social Welfare is not meant to pay peoples mortgages.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Kosseegan

There is no good cutting the dole if they don't drop the minimum wage as well.

Oh here we go

Ok so we should all just be homeless is it

Get a grip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

Where is this specified? Can you link to where the legislation specifies what the dole is meant to pay?

Back to demeaning people again? Nice touch

Quick! Tell him how to spell experience! And laugh at him! He'd do the same, God damn! :D

... where's a grammar nazi when you need one?

Kosseegan wrote: »
    There is no good cutting the dole if they don't drop the minimum wage as well.

abolish it.

the market should set what a job is worth not the government.

I don't think there should be any set allowance per se.

What should there be?
    (Genuinely wondering, not having a go)

ok so how are ya supposed to pay your mortgage ya ignorant whelp ...sorry forgot bout the money tree i had in the garden

Kurz wrote: »
    Where is this specified? Can you link to where the legislation specifies what the dole is meant to pay?

so should people with debts get higher sw payments than people who were frugal?

• Advertisement
Advertisement