Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Provisional License work as an id into a nightclub?

Options
  • 18-07-2012 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I only have a provisional license and don't want to bring my passport as I'm going away in a few weeks, will it be accepted? Its a club in Swords and I've never been so I don't know how strict they are. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

I assume its the Wright Venue? Email them. I can't see why they wouldn't accept it on the proviso its legit and you aren't falling in the door drunk. I would say go get yourself an Age Card though; much handier wallet and purse wise as IDs go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Yes a provisional license is acceptable ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Only if accompanied by a fully licensed driver!

*messing,you'll be grand with the provisional.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

AFAIK a lot of places don't accept drivers licences on the basis that they're easily forged. Can't fully confirm as I've always had an Age Card

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Jev/N wrote: »
    AFAIK a lot of places don't accept drivers licences on the basis that they're easily forged. Can't fully confirm as I've always had an Age Card

Correct, most places won't accept it anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Fuh Q

Its up to the venue, some will accept it and some dont. contact the club before you go..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

I wouldn't rely on it OP. I've heard of loads of places not accepting licenses because the amount of people who fake them. Sure a few of my friends used to do it years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

You can fake all sorts of ID.. If the doorstaff are switched on and you're ok then you won't have a problem with your drivers license.. And since you don't have an AGE card and don't want to take your passport (good decision) you're really stuck with the license.

My son uses his license as ID at The Venue so far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Brokentime

Sadly, it's up to the venue, and the whims of the attendant door monkey :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Anyone of my mates or people I've seen try get in with Provisional Licenses have been refused. Wright Venue are fairly strict too, that could have been because it was a college night out I went too!

• Advertisement
Advertisement