Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap as Chips Scent

• 18-07-2012 6:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭

Hey there,

Going on holliers this weekend and am looking for a very cheap but long lasting, nice scent? Yes I know that's asking a lot!

I have Zara fruity which is lovely but just doesn't have the lasting power, does anyone know of any cheap little gems which would last ages and do the job?

Thanks so much girls!:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

I've heard a lot of people talking about Lush's solid perfumes. Apparently they're really long lasting.

https://www.lush.co.uk/category/197

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

Body Shop has lovely, cheap perfumes (around €10-15) and they last pretty well I think. They have a couple of new summery perfumes for €12 or something. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Thanks girls will take a look at these tomorrow so! Will be wandering around so would be nice to find something lovely:)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭purplepapillon

They often have sales on perfumes in Boots. I saw Ralph Lauren blue one (don't know what it's called) which is quite fruity - about €20 there the other day. Same price in Arnotts too. I don't know how long-lasting it is, but it sure smells nice and summery!

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Next do some lovely perfumes. I used to have some and they were really long lasting. One of the few that didn't give me migraines too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Try some of the Britney Spears ones. They are usually on offer somewhere and I always get complimented when I wear any of them. Worth having a whiff of them to see which one you like best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Marks have a sale on their fragrances at the minute - they have handbag sized bottles on sale for €3 which would be perfect for holidays.

A lot of their perfumes are dupes of more famous brands - heres a list of some:

http://www.fragrantica.com/board/viewtopic.php?id=18700

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Beaut.ie recently reviewed the new Essence (I think) fragrances and gave them good reviews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I've heard a lot of people talking about Lush's solid perfumes. Apparently they're really long lasting.

https://www.lush.co.uk/category/197

Ooh, must give these a try! I can't use spray perfumes anymore as they make me sneeze, I've been looking for a nice solid one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Next do some lovely perfumes. I used to have some and they were really long lasting. One of the few that didn't give me migraines too!

+1 for Next perfumes, they're my absolute favourite. They do "knock-off" versions of loads of well-known scents, for example Just Pink is a really good copy of Romance by Ralph Lauren, and they've another one that smells just like Armani She.

I always buy myself these as I can't justify spending €40 on a bottle for myself! IIRC the big bottles are €12, and small ones are €8.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

I had a sniff of the new Essence perfumes and they are nice, one in particular but i forget which it was! Check them out. Not sure of the last power but they're very cheap.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

versace baby rose on ebay are always going cheap and its a beautiful rose scent,they have other versace blue jeans and red jeans all great scents,i think versace baby rose is a beautiful summer scent.lush are good too would pay up to 20 something for them,i would say try next or boots for them they have some great cheapies like noa noa,(and so? perfume which is a classic cheapie or exclamation which i love to spray on from time to time)there going cheap on ebay too at the moment..so have a look out,another great site i can think of is ioffer.com great prices there too you really have to look around..

Damn wish I'd seen some more of these replies before I was in today!

In the end because I was really stuck for cash I had a sniff of the Playboy perfumes in Pennys and the spicy one is actually really decent and was only €4.75! Well worth a sniff ladies, but I'll be checking out all your recommendations when I'm back cause I'm a sucker for perfumes, especially good value ones!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

just be careful in the heat with perfume.
    I find it makes my skin go red and itchy so I usually avoid using any

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭vanillavanilla

I love this one and it suits my budget too! http://www.buy4now.ie/sammccauley/aspx/productdetail.aspx?pid=3180&loc=P&catid=72.1.35

It always seems to be that price. I bought it a year ago and it was half price too.

What are the essence perfumes mentioned here?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭vanillavanilla

Just googled the essence perfumes there! Here's the link to the beaut.ie review http://beaut.ie/blog/2012/essence-does-perfume-but-is-it-any-use-surprisingly-yes-review-and-pics/

Wonder would they be on the make up stands or with other perfumes in chemist. Going to look for them and treat myself to one at those prices (7.99 and 3odd for a handbag one). Love their make up so I'm excited about these :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Just googled the essence perfumes there! Here's the link to the beaut.ie review http://beaut.ie/blog/2012/essence-does-perfume-but-is-it-any-use-surprisingly-yes-review-and-pics/

Wonder would they be on the make up stands or with other perfumes in chemist. Going to look for them and treat myself to one at those prices (7.99 and 3odd for a handbag one). Love their make up so I'm excited about these :D

I've seen the handbag ones on the make up stands in Penneys

I've seen the handbag ones on the make up stands in Penneys

Yeah all the sets are in Pennys, some of the handbag ones were sold out though! They smell grand but the Playboy one was nicer so that was my choice made!

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

I love Soap&Glory's body sprays (particularly the purpleish one!) they're about 9 euro each and smell lovely and last all day for me! I apply around 8am before heading to the stables and it's still there when I get home that evening!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭daisyscience

+1 for the Lush perfumes. They start at 5.50 and have a really nice range of original smells of all different strengths too. If I'm feeling down I just spritz a little bit of karma or 25:43 and am in heaven. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement