Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it safe to leave a car at the train station

Options
  • 18-07-2012 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

Just wondering, is it safe to leave a car parked in the car-park at the train station, for a long period of time?

A friend, originally from Dublin asked me, and I am not too sure. I did hear some stories of cars being robbed, not physically, but windows broken and belongings carried off, although that was some time ago, and I have not heard much recently.

So, is it safe?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

What's your definition of "a long period of time", hours days, weeks?
    I don't think the train station car park is particularly quiet or isolated so it's probably no riskier than many other places around any town, cars have been broken into all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Memory Of 98

slimjimmc wrote: »
    What's your definition of "a long period of time", hours days, weeks?
    I don't think the train station car park is particularly quiet or isolated so it's probably no riskier than many other places around any town, cars have been broken into all over the place.

Sorry, should have mentioned. It would be there for the best part of an entire day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Yeah for the day its safe just make sure you get a ticket or you will be clamped.. he goes aroind every hour to check the cars

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭bogof

iano.p wrote: »
    Yeah for the day its safe just make sure you get a ticket or you will be clamped.. he goes aroind every hour to check the cars

Dont forget they clamp on bank holidays and weekends too. Its the luck of the draw nowadays your car could be broken into anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Memory Of 98

Thanks for the info lads, much appreciated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement