Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using XAMPP

Options
  • 18-07-2012 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

how do i make this secure and how to i get my files onto it, not to sure about ftp ports and all that jazz.

lots of thanks for all replies and help i've had so far with starting this you guys rock.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

how do i make this secure and how to i get my files onto it, not to sure about ftp ports and all that jazz.

lots of thanks for all replies and help i've had so far with starting this you guys rock.

If you're using XAMPP, is it not on your local computer? In which case you should be able to drag and drop files into it's home folder as normal. Quick Google gives this reasonable checklist for security, though again — if it's just locally, I wouldn't worry too much about it if you're just going to be using it on your home network (unless your files are super sensitive); might be an issue if you're using public WiFi alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

XAMPP should only be used on a local network for testing purposes.
    If you are looking for a database on a live server then you may contact your hosting company or look in their hosting panel settings as there should be an option for a MySQL database install.

If you are just wondering about the local install the you should put your file in the htdocs folder in the XAMPP folder.
    You can then access it from a browser with an URL like this: localhost/test_website/index.php

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

You'd secure XAMPP like you would any other server environment - but it's not intended for production use, only development and testing, so you're better off using a production server for that purpose :)

Advertisement