Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Martin Parr photograph of a wedding at Brigid's, Blanchardstown, 1986

Options
  • 18-07-2012 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭

Anyone know who these folks are? I wonder do they know they had Martin Parr as a wedding photographer.

LON94006.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I'm pretty sure they might have hired him so I'm sure they might have known his name?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

looks like paul o neill from the old cottages up behind the old shanty pub
    married a doctor i think (sorry i dont know her name)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

January wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure they might have hired him so I'm sure they might have known his name?

:D It's not as daft a question as it looks.

He's a photojournalist rather than a wedding photographer. He has been a member of the prestigious Magnum Agency since 1994. This image is part of a much larger sequence of photographs he took in Dublin in 1986. His work is in major collections around the world so I'd be surprised if even back in 1986 he was hiring himself out as a wedding snapper in Blanch. It's possible, I suppose, or it might have been somehow pre-arranged but I'd say it's more likely that he just happened to be there, so they might never have realized who the random English bloke with the fancy camera was :)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Chocolate

The bride is Dr. Helen O'Neill (nee Jones). She was a friend of my sister's when they were in Coolmine.

Advertisement