Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website /marketing /social media

Options
  • 18-07-2012 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi all
    Not sure what part of boards is the best place to ask this so I thought here would be good as ny queries are a good mix

I have an online web based retail business. Now besides looking into otger avenues along the lines of various markets etc I wanted to fet the basics sorted first

I have open cart (excuse me if any terms wrong, still learning!) & have learnt how it all works. I can do any changes to the site myself, i do have small support from a web designer but he isnt in this country.

I want to be able to maximise my site in terms of layout, attraction, the pros and cons to the buyer.

I need pictures/graphics occasionally for special offers.

I need to see if i need an seo expert!

I have google analytics & i've figured out the basics of what its telling me, but still wondering why folk only stop by for minute (coz its not what they want, yes, i know!). But tge thing is i have good products but i know i'm not marketing the package correctly.

Its a .com, ships worldwide, so my target market is big

I have facebook & twitter.

I've run competitions in conjunction with other facebook pages , but no new followers converted to sales.

So thats pretty much the background, i'm looking for a one stop shop/person who can do all of the above which needs doing.
    Does this exist & if so what type of business should i be looking to employ so to speak?

Sorry for long post, hope i make sense & hope to get a little guidance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 ICCM

you have quite a mix of queries so I will answer a few - whether you need SEO or not depends on how you are currently ranking for the search phrases that you want to target, analytics will tell you what words people are currently using to find your site and where the visitors are geographically located.

Analytics on google can be misleading for instance if it says that visitors spent 0 secs on your site this generally means that google could not calculate how long they spent on a page as google can only calculate the time moving between pages on the same website, it needs the visitor to move to another page on your website in order to calculate the time between page views. If someone visits one page sees the information that they need and then moves on to another website google cannot calculate the time so returns a period of 0 secs which looks like people are jumping straight off again, in fact they may have spent 5 mins on the page reading everything

Pictures/graphics can be bought off the shelf at sites like bigstockphoto.com or you can hire a graphic designer

Advertisement