Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Fibre support

Options
  • 18-07-2012 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭

Well having been through an endurance test on 1901, after guessing which of the inappropriate menu options might get me to speak to an actual person, only when I finally did speak to a human to be told as my phone is coming through my broadband I need to speak to a fibre agent, only for the whole sorry inappropriate menu options loop to start again and finally have eircom tell me they had too many calls so please ring back later! Are you trying to test people's patience? I have gone from a fairly satisfied customer with a minor problem that could be easily sorted to an extremely frustrated customer with no idea what to do next!:mad: If I need to contact a fibre agent every time I need support on my account, why is it so hard to find the right contact details?
    Before switching to fibre my phone number was ex-directory and caller ID restricted but number is now showing up when I call people. Don't know how to check if it is still ex-directory or if this has also changed. Can someone from eircom here please sort this for me and make sure that the number is ex-directory and that caller ID is blocked again or at least get someone who can sort it get in touch with me. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Well having been through an endurance test on 1901, after guessing which of the inappropriate menu options might get me to speak to an actual person, only when I finally did speak to a human to be told as my phone is coming through my broadband I need to speak to a fibre agent, only for the whole sorry inappropriate menu options loop to start again and finally have eircom tell me they had too many calls so please ring back later! Are you trying to test people's patience? I have gone from a fairly satisfied customer with a minor problem that could be easily sorted to an extremely frustrated customer with no idea what to do next!:mad: If I need to contact a fibre agent every time I need support on my account, why is it so hard to find the right contact details?
    Before switching to fibre my phone number was ex-directory and caller ID restricted but number is now showing up when I call people. Don't know how to check if it is still ex-directory or if this has also changed. Can someone from eircom here please sort this for me and make sure that the number is ex-directory and that caller ID is blocked again or at least get someone who can sort it get in touch with me. Thanks.

Hi Poochie05,

Sorry that you had a bad journey trying to get through to the call centre. As the fibre is still in pilot stage, not all staff are fully trained on the products yet. In future, for technical support you need to call the normal tech. support number (1890 260 260) but ask for a fibre agent when you get through. There is a ring-fence team who are fully trained in the fibre products in that office. Also, for billing and product information you can call either 1800 503 703 or 1800 404 303 (freephone). They're just for future reference but I'll sort out the Caller ID issue for you now.

I have the details of your fibre order already as your account number hasn't changed. Have sent this to the relevant people to make sure the number is ex-directory and also to get the number restricted on outbound calls. Will let you know when I get a reply confirming it's done but it should be sorted before the end of the day.

Regards

James

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

Hi again,

Have gotten an email back telling me this is now completed. Can you try it out and confirm for me please?

Thanks again

James

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Thanks James. I have to admit, Boards seems to be the most efficient way to get things done!
    And thanks for the numbers, I'll write them on a sticker by the phone so I have them. Just to point out that the Tech support number is charged at a local rate which is all very well until you are left holding for over 20 minutes!
    But thanks again, I'll confirm that it is working once I get the chance to try it. :)

Advertisement