Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reassessment of Means-JSA Claim

• 18-07-2012 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I am wondering if anyone can help me with a query please. I am currently receiving a weekly JSA payment (since BTEA finished in May) which includes an allowance for my husband and 2 children. My husband is self employed and his means are assessed at 200 per week. This 200 pw is deducted from my payment. The problem is that these means of 200 pw were assessed from his 2009 accounts which I provided when I first signed on in 2010. The accounts for 2011 just received show that these means are now much lower at only approx 140 pw. I am wondering if it is possible to have these means reassessed and if so what this involves? For example, would my current payment be stopped while this process is ongoing or just remain as it is until the means were reassessed?Has anyone any experience of applying to have means reassessed in their favour? Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

pixie68 wrote: »
    I am wondering if anyone can help me with a query please. I am currently receiving a weekly JSA payment (since BTEA finished in May) which includes an allowance for my husband and 2 children. My husband is self employed and his means are assessed at 200 per week. This 200 pw is deducted from my payment. The problem is that these means of 200 pw were assessed from his 2009 accounts which I provided when I first signed on in 2010. The accounts for 2011 just received show that these means are now much lower at only approx 140 pw. I am wondering if it is possible to have these means reassessed and if so what this involves? For example, would my current payment be stopped while this process is ongoing or just remain as it is until the means were reassessed?Has anyone any experience of applying to have means reassessed in their favour? Thanks for any help.

You should look for a review of your means immediately you will probably have to fill out a UP1b form sign it and date it and new means should be backdated to the date you applied for a means review. You will need to provide accounts for 2011 which you already have and your current payment will not be stopped while your means are being reviewed it will remain at the current rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 pixie68

Eastbono, thank you so much for taking the time to reply and for giving the answer I was hoping for! I will go to the SWO in the morning with the 2011 accounts and take it from there. Thanks again.

Advertisement