Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

At what moment did you feel old?

• 18-07-2012 7:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭

Today I gave out to a teenage girl for spitting on the street. I told her it was a scummy thing to do and she should stop doing it. She correctly told me to fuck off and mind my own business.
    That made me feel old.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

youre as young as you feel :pac: maybe you should have felt her up instead

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭saralou2011

When i asked someone for ID when they were buying drink and saw she was born the year i left school, :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭WumBuster

My first couple of grey hairs. I think that was about 22

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

When truck drivers and Gardai are much younger then me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

I don't feel old, it's all in the mind

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Last weekend when on holidays I walked past a strip club because the music was too loud. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

In before some 25 year old says, "Now when I stand up I make a grunting noise omg I'm ancient!"!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Now when I stand up I make a grunting noise, omg I'm ancient!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

When I read this thread and could remember the 100 times its been done before.

I believe a stick for stirring paint and/or keeping an old pair of shoes for gardening are the correct old stage of life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I was playing minecraft and this guy started helping me out and talking to me. Thats grand and all but this lad seemed a little bit simpler than most people. Turns out he was 8, or so he says.

Im only 20 but that made me feel old :(

• Advertisement

When I had to tick the 25 to 34 age bracket check box instead of the 18 to 24 one on forms...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

When my cell replacement and regeneration became progressively unreliable over time, leaving my immune system weaker and more likely for mutated cancerous cells to develop and lead to an increasing level of decrepitude we call old age

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

When I bought a dish washer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

When I bought a dish washer

Yea, I felt a little sad when I bought the first toaster with the Mrs. Such a grown up thing to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Dr.Zeus

when I was watching the Late Late..........
    and texted my friend about the hot looking blondes in the front row.......
    .You know you're old when the Late Late audience looks young and sexy:eek:

(even watching it in the first place is for the crinkleys!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

The first time I was referred to as Madam rather than Miss.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

When some lad said to his little brother sitting in front of me at a match to stop waving his flag because "that man can't see" :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

now, as it took me till post 6 to notice it was old not odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

was in Lidl last year & a woman in her mid 40's front of me was getting a few bottles of wine & asked for ID ......

I was getting a few cans & ya think the teller would ask someone 26 for ID

nope ... felt old since then :mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

When you realise that half your age + 7 means you can shag a 24 year old

• Advertisement

When there's a great stretch in the evenings and there's grand drying out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Clareman wrote: »
    When you realise that half your age + 7 means you can shag a 24 year old

more like permission to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

I've a weird thing where I can remember dates and stuff very well, but ask me what happened at the weekend and I won't remember. So anyhoo, this year is a big one for me in that it makes me feel very old... it's ten years since I started secondary school, ten years since my first kiss, ten years since I heard the first album I ever really loved...

Also- "I used to be with it. Then they changed what 'it' was. Now what is 'it' seems new and scary to me... it'll happen to you!" That came into my head when I first heard skrillex. just didn't see the appeal at all, and realised what I think of as ''teenage music'' is actually old now... :(

And nothing ages you like having to do the food shopping for yourself- "But it's half the price in Lidl!", "Ya can't beat Tesco's for bargains!" are sentences the young, trendy me would never dream of saying. But that me is dead now. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

When clothes from your youth come back into fashion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

stovelid wrote: »
    When clothes from your youth come back into fashion.

....twice :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

This morning When, mammy told me to put my own marshmallow in my hot cocoa. :( She done it for me the past 14 years. But it really brought a tear to my eye, as my cocoa just isnt the same anymore. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Sacramento wrote: »
    When I had to tick the 25 to 34 age bracket check box instead of the 18 to 24 one on forms...

When I read something like this ^ and think 34 is so young !

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Gluteus maximus

Was in a meeting with a guy who looked 60 - I, the smartarse, said, in deference to his age and erudition .............

"Well, you probably have a few years on me, and you'll have seen this before"

Turns out we are the same age, 36.

Mother of God. Do people look at me and think the same???!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i saw a fit girl in the pub a few weeks ago wearing a greyhound skirt. instead of salivating i thought to myself 'jaysus, she'll be cold going home'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

A guy said to his kid today as I was walking by; "watch out for the man there"
    Since when did I become "The man"?

youre as young as you feel :pac: maybe you should have felt her up instead

I know I'm old.

I see posts like this and ask the poster to think before they type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Ms.M

The year I went in to my new Leaving Cert class and said "ten years ago I was in your shoes..." It just hit me. And developing a complete intolerance for nightclubs; how could I ever listen to that ****e music weekend after weekend? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Guns n Roses was the band everyone was crazy about back in my day; could air guitar all their songs: that was new music back then the type upstarts and devil worshipers listened to. See teenagers with GNR tee shirts on but too old to run over slide on my knees and yell Take Me down to the paradise city... Would ruin the suit trousers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

When someone asked me one day if I wanted something from the shop and I asked for a fat frog and they thought I meant the drink.
    Also yesterday my bfs niece picked up a vhs tape and asked me what it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Felt old when they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it*, and what's *it* seems weird and scary to me.

Also in 2006 or so when I realised that Independance Day was released in 1996 and I remembered everything the build up to that film. The posters, the toys, everything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

When everyone is talking about Swedish House Mafia and you never heard of them before

And over in Film forum it was mentioned that Se7en came out 17 years ago. Damn, I remember going to the cinema for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭some random drunk

When I got my first office job after working previously in shops and suddenly I changed from working with young lads my own age to working with "proper adults" who wore suits and talked about their mortgages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

When MTV stopped showing music videos...oh those were the days. ahh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

The first time a parent talking to their child called me "the man".

When footballers started being younger than me.

When you can live without sex, but not without glasses cos your arms are now too short to read the paper :(:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Every time, I walk up a hill or cycle up a hill

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

when the use of condoms is only to stop me pissing on my slippers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Went to Lidls and tried to buy a 4 pack of Captain Morgans and Coke. Got asked for ID. I'm 24, so prehaps I should take that as a compliment. :/
    Also, +1 on not getting the music of today. I generally listen to tracks from the 90's and early 2000s. Makes me feel old to think that I was 7 when the first Toy Story came out, 11 when the second came out and 21 when the 3rd one hit the cinemas.
    I really feel my age when I go to screenings of animated movies such as Ice Age or Despicable Me. Doesn't put me off, though. I've no shame in admitting that I will be off to the first screening of Brave!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

mikemac1 wrote: »
    When everyone is talking about Swedish House Mafia and you never heard of them before

And over in Film forum it was mentioned that Se7en came out 17 years ago. Damn, I remember going to the cinema for that

before the gig last week i saw hundreds of posts on facebook saying 'cant wait for shm'

i had to ask someone what shm meant, and like you when i heard who they were i realised i had never heard about them before

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

When I look at something I really want to do.and think that'll hurt my knees/back

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭yupya1

McChubbin wrote: »
    Went to Lidls and tried to buy a 4 pack of Captain Morgans and Coke. Got asked for ID. I'm 24, so prehaps I should take that as a compliment. :/
    Also, +1 on not getting the music of today. I generally listen to tracks from the 90's and early 2000s. Makes me feel old to think that I was 7 when the first Toy Story came out, 11 when the second came out and 21 when the 3rd one hit the cinemas.
    I really feel my age when I go to screenings of animated movies such as Ice Age or Despicable Me. Doesn't put me off, though. I've no shame in admitting that I will be off to the first screening of Brave!

Reading this post!

Arawn wrote: »
    When I look at something I really want to do.and think that'll hurt my knees/back

Everything hurts, and what doesn't hurt doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 NovabooM

When a little kid addressed me as 'Mrs NovabooM', it still hurts typing it out. Damn that lil kid with his manners. Aged like 25 years with two words :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Gluteus maximus

SHM?
    Snap.

Swedish House Mafia - last weekend was the first time I'd heard of them, and only then because they got a mention on Marion Finucane on Sunday morning. Jaysis......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

When I first got two-day hangovers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement