Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

At what moment did you feel old?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

When I first got two-day hangovers.

Wait til you start getting hangovers when you haven't even been drinking :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Gluteus maximus

Was looking at old photos at my parents's house last night - my siblings and I were kiddies AND MY PARENTS WERE THE SAME AGE AS I AM NOW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

When I turned 18 in April. That was rough let me tell ya.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

baz2009 wrote: »
    When I turned 18 in April. That was rough let me tell ya.

:)

Do you see the time of the night :mad: Off to bed now young fella :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

As a wise old man once said to me "You're only as old as the women you feel"

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

The mammy phones for a chat on Sunday night and you've already gone to bed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73 ✭✭eaglebhoy

As per the SHM thing I had my realisation when I realised LMFAO now refers to a popular music act also and is not just a popular Internet abbreviation !

That and the hangover thing, in fact the hangover thing I think is the 1st great realisation cos it tends to happen in your late 20's/early 30's and it seems like it's all physically downhill from there once you notice your new multi-day hangovers ! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

eaglebhoy wrote: »
    As per the SHM thing I had my realisation when I realised LMFAO now refers to a popular music act also and is not just a popular Internet abbreviation !

That and the hangover thing, in fact the hangover thing I think is the 1st great realisation cos it tends to happen in your late 20's/early 30's and it seems like it's all physically downhill from there once you notice your new multi-day hangovers ! :eek:

i had a few pints on monday night and im still feeling tired after it, i wouldnt mind but it was only about 12 pints. 4 years ago i would have been grand within a few hours after twice that amout of drink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

When I put my back out. Really did feel like a case of help the aged, so look after it.

• Advertisement

i had a few pints on monday night and im still feeling tired after it, i wouldnt mind but it was only about 12 pints. 4 years ago i would have been grand within a few hours after twice that amout of drink

Fierce annoying isn't it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

I put on a pair of long johns in the cold winter 2 years ago to go to work. I felt old just looking at them.

LH Pathe wrote: »
    When I put my back out. Really did feel like a case of help the aged, so look after it.

Oh and this is my latest one ! I've started having various back pain for the First Time EVER these last few months and I'm not happy about it !

Have been doing all I can to improve my back health and posture, admittedly I am a woeful man for slouching so hopefully I can help it by being better with this kind of thing !

Will get it looked at soon though just in case !

woodoo wrote: »
    I put on a pair of long johns in the cold winter 2 years ago to go to work. I felt old just looking at them.

Funny but I heard alot of people opted for these eventually at that time and I was very curious but never got around to it, apparently they were the dogs bo**ox though and I didn't hear one negative remark about them !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭littleteapot

I feel old when people refer to me as "the lady". Also, my baby brother turned 20 the other day, that makes me feel old.
    I went on daft.ie to look for somewhere to rent and have now given myself an insatiable urge to buy a house. If I was a regular saver, I think I'd have applied for a mortgage this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Funny but I heard alot of people opted for these eventually at that time and I was very curious but never got around to it, apparently they were the dogs bo**ox though and I didn't hear one negative remark about them !

Yeah they were a great job. I still have them in case another winter like that comes back. Just don't look at yourself in the mirror with them on. Its pretty frightening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Today I gave out to a teenage girl for spitting on the street. I told her it was a scummy thing to do and she should stop doing it. She correctly told me to fuck off and mind my own business.
    That made me feel old.

I began to feel old whn teenage girls didnt give me an instant horn.

About 16

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Amy33

A girl who was in my class in school became a grandmother a few months ago. I'm 35.

Will get it looked at soon though just in case !

Need to address the slouch cos when that sciatia hits it'll drive it home.. as yer probably experiencing so get something firm. Rolled up towel even to prop you up along your spine when sitting down this learn ya.. seems to have sorted me out for the time being anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cold case

I felt old when a girl I used to babysit, drove past me in her car!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

mikemac1 wrote: »
    When everyone is talking about Swedish House Mafia and you never heard of them before

And over in Film forum it was mentioned that Se7en came out 17 years ago. Damn, I remember going to the cinema for that

Aw jebus now I really feel old, 17 years ago?????

I saw that in the pictures(there I said it, PICTURES)too:mad:

Also, when Larry Gogan plays song you danced to on the "GoldenHour" :eek:

• Advertisement

Thanks, yeah a same aged colleague has sciatica and it knocks him for 6 when it hits, point taken, cheers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭BnB

I was playing full forward in a hurling match a few months back. I got talking to to the full back who was a nice young fella. He was telling me they were hoping to have a good crack off the minor (under 18) championship this year. I quickly did the sums in my head - If this fella is a minor (i.e. under 18) then he wasn't even born when I was minor. It was no wonder he was roastin' me for every ball.

When everyone is talking about Swedish House Mafia and you never heard of them before

And over in Film forum it was mentioned that Se7en came out 17 years ago. Damn, I remember going to the cinema for that

Jurassic park is 20 next year. feel old now?

Jurassic park is 20 next year. feel old now?

I'm afraid Admiral that you have over stepped the mark and I am going to have to ask you to leave :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 Barbara179

:rolleyes:

mishkalucy wrote: »
    I'm afraid Admiral that you have over stepped the mark and I am going to have to ask you to leave :mad:

dont worry, im old too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,679 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

A few things made me feel old.

Went on a date recently the girl said "you look really old in real life". :(

Can't drink more than 4 pints or I would need a day to recover.

Was in a nightclub a while back on a stag night and everyone around us looked about 17.

And the day I accepted I was going light on top, shaved the head and retired the comb.

dont worry, im old too

Too old to leave?:D

I remember dancing(and I use that term loosely)to a remixed rave kinda thing of the theme tune to Jurassic Park

:o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

BnB wrote: »
    I was playing full forward in a hurling match a few months back. I got talking to to the full back who was a nice young fella. He was telling me they were hoping to have a good crack off the minor (under 18) championship this year. I quickly did the sums in my head - If this fella is a minor (i.e. under 18) then he wasn't even born when I was minor. It was no wonder he was roastin' me for every ball.

You might want to think about rephrasing that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Bobsammy

When my folks started buying me things I need rather than things I want. Last Christmas they got me a tumble dryer - never felt so old!

• Advertisement

Then lemme break it down they look like Il Divo, but without the mics.

The 'music' is Eurovision type soundscape of digital airy fairyness.. but without the diva there'll be divaesque accapellas, alright but it's a sample

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Bobsammy wrote: »
    When my folks started buying me things I need rather than things I want. Last Christmas they got me a tumble dryer - never felt so old!

WTF?

Nice parents, I still get poxy socks and jocks. If I'm lucky they throw in some Lynx, always Africa for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

When posters on after hours are younger than me. I'm only 20 but even now 18 seems so young to me.

I must seem like a right baby to the rest of you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Chucken wrote: »
    Do you see the time of the night :mad: Off to bed now young fella :p

Mammy said I can stay up late 'cause it's the summer holidays.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

When I said "I do" and got married!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

When someone pointed out to me that there a people drinking in pubs that weren't alive when independence day was released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

ziedth wrote: »
    When someone pointed out to me that there a people drinking in pubs that weren't alive when independence day was released.

Funny, cause there shouldn't be people drinking in pubs that weren't alive when independence day was released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Brokentime

This might be a minor aside to the thread, but I've had a weird kind of renaissance in my life. Maybe some people will feel the same.

I was never very good looking as a teenager, or even in my 20s, but now, at 34, I feel and look better than ever. I started taking care of myself, exercising, dressing better and generally giving a $hit about how I look and feel.

I don't ever feel old now, and have to laugh when I see pudgy, doughy-looking teenagers and twenty-somethings waddling around.

Anyone else had this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I'm 28, but have the mentality of a 45 year old. I find myself giving out about the young people of this country quite a lot. Which is something you expect from an oldie. In particular, the way young people mistreat alcohol totally sickens me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Brokentime

grenache wrote: »
    I'm 28, but have the mentality of a 45 year old. I find myself giving out about the young people of this country quite a lot. Which is something you expect from an oldie. In particular, the way young people mistreat alcohol totally sickens me.

I'm sure on any given Saturday night in any given town in Ireland, you'll see as many 28-year-olds ratarsed as you would teens and young people :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 38 GunRunner

I'm too young to feel old. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Thanking God when my plans for a night out fall through and I can stay in, drink tea and get an early night.

When I got sciatica and found myself sayin "jaysus I'm havin terrible problems with my hip" :o

2 day hangovers

Remembering when Freddos were 10p..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,679 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

syndeyfife wrote: »
    When posters on after hours are younger than me. I'm only 20 but even now 18 seems so young to me.

I must seem like a right baby to the rest of you

Lucky you. Wish I was 20 again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Dreading the thought of an impending party because it will mean i have to stay up late, talk to people and enjoy myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

People in work (early 20s) were talking about dungarees the other day saying "OMG, remember when they came in in the 90s".

Me (late 20s) - "Em, the big thing about that was that us 80s children were surprised they had made a comeback!" :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

Sacramento wrote: »
    When I had to tick the 25 to 34 age bracket check box instead of the 18 to 24 one on forms...

A very good one! :D

But also - :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

When I realised it was 20 years since various sporting events that I remember watching on TV...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Turning 30- I don't feel old- but I do feel far more grown up.

In my twenties you'd look at some kids tv and get it- now I'm not even registering the humour.

Two day hangovers- and you only had a few. No desire to go out drinking when you have work in the morning.

Saving for, applying for, and getting a mortgage- just need to seal the deal.

Almost all of your friends have kids

Prefer going out for a meal than going drinking.

If this is your 30's - what's your 40's like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

I went to a party and I made a reference to Ally McBeal and only one person knew what I was talking about and he told me that I must be old to remember Ally McBeal because he watches the re-runs on TV :( I also realise that I am getting old when I am absolutely delighted to reach the bottom of the laundry basket and also when the weather is dry I try to put as much clothes as possible on the washing line. I'm 23 by the way (for the next two days anyway.....in denial about my birthday).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

When a shop assistant called me "sir" the first time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement