Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Throw paint, throw away the key!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I'm going to be haunted by the mental image of Mary Harney sniggering all night OP :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Where To wrote: »
    I'm going to be haunted by the mental image of Mary Harney sniggering all night OP :mad:

You do know what "snigger" means right? Or have the kids taken that word too? :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

remember ms fat harney and the FAS scandal?She is a fraud,theres a saying about state jobs,you could stand on your head licking your arse and still not get fired..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

chin_grin wrote: »
    You do know what "snigger" means right? Or have the kids taken that word too? :pac:
    'Snigger' as in what Muttley does is what I am thinking of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Where To wrote: »
    'Snigger' as in what Muttley does is what I am thinking of.

In fairness, add a few pounds to Muttley and its a good description.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

So, 7 days=throwing away the key?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

So she pulls a stunt. Gets fined. Doesn't pay. Now WE have to pay for her to spend 7 nights in Mountjoy while some scumbag roams the streets. What a grade A tool. Well worth a vote :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

Wouldn't have been a particular fan of Mary Harney, but an attack on a democratically-elected representative is an attack on democracy.

Attack your political opponents with well-thought out arguments against their policies, not by chucking paint all over them.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

She had a choice. Pay the fine & it's over. Or don't pay & face jail.
    I'm sure she thinks she's making a stand in her own little way but her stand has made her a jailbird.
    Bet she doesn't feel so clever now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

What happened when a ship carrying red paint collided with a ship carrying blue paint ?

Both crews were marooned.

byeee

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Ah, but if she'd paid her fine she wouldn't have got any publicity today. Now the dozy heifer gets air time on the news as well as newspaper coverage, I doubt she gives a crap that its bad publicity.

What annoys me is that money that could have been be better spent, will have gone on having to arrest her, transport her to jail and I'm guessing she may very well be at home now writing up her story of hardship for whatever local rag will publish a story on her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Has she got someone looking after her child, I wonder?

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Has she got someone looking after her child, I wonder?
    Not sure how to take that question tbh.:) You offering? Or heading to B&Q for duct tape?? Or just being decent and concerned?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Pottler wrote: »
    Not sure how to take that question tbh.:) You offering? Or heading to B&Q for duct tape?? Or just being decent and concerned?

This part here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭a5y

I'm sure Ms Harney is having a little snigger, can't say I blame her.

Eirigi legitimate protest = assault. No denying the roots of this group.

{“I never intended to pay any court-imposed fine or to apologise for my actions. To have done so would have undermined the legitimacy of my protest and the wider political struggle against the anti-social policies Mary Harney so proudly championed,” she said.} Irish Times

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/councillor-minihan-jailed-over-mary-harney-paint-attack-3173275.html?start=3

I thought a protest was where people who all have the same grievance gather, demand that their grievance is heard and seek a specific outcome, or failing that an acceptable compromise.

Throwing paint on someone isn't a protest. Whether a child or an adult does it its still just a pitiful temper tantrum. I hope the kids dad is sensible, their mother isn't much of a citizen so she won't be much of a role model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

TheBody wrote: »
    So she pulls a stunt. Gets fined. Doesn't pay. Now WE have to pay for her to spend 7 nights in Mountjoy while some scumbag roams the streets. What a grade A tool. Well worth a vote :rolleyes:

Fair enough, but that just highlights the fact that we need dual prison system - one for the scumbags and wrong'uns and another for tw@ts and idiots because there are plenty of them that need a kick in the gee as well.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://www.herald.ie/news/minihan-faces-jail-in-harney-paintfine-row-3035655.html
    Cllr Minihan (30) was asked to make a donation to charity but she refused. She was ordered to pay the €1,500 fine

what type of paint was it ?
    water based or oil based

Lars1916 wrote: »
    This part here.
    Fair question, what does happen to a kid if the parent goes to jail? I'd assume that if a relative elects to care for the child all's good, but what if there is no relative? Does the child end up going into care for the duration? Not too fair if that's the case.

Advertisement