Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ban semi justified - but am I the only one punished

Options
  • 18-07-2012 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭

Ok

Soccer forum: This thread

Scenario is simple - I made a comment which was pointed out to me - at the time of the ban (I'm not a regular in the Soccer forum) - was against the charter and which results in a ban from the forum (soccer).

However ....the other people in the discussion/thread do not appear to have been punished for the comments they have made about me and my attitude, and from what I can see , no apparent punishment made to the MOD who illegally published copyrighted material online.

if I step back and look at the situation - it could appear like the MODs are backing each other up and as a result I dont see the point in following the flow-chart of dispute and have started this thread..... are boards.ie saying that breaching copyright laws are ok if you are a MOD ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

You have got to be kidding me.

Let's set a few facts straight here, seeing as you appear to be unable to read the messages I sent you.

1: Two pictures were linked from two other sites. Stored on the others sites, but displayed on Boards.ie.

2: You posted on the forum, in bold, as a Moderator would issue a direct instruction. Yet you are not a moderator.

3: You threatened not only Boards.ie, but the poster in question with legal action.

4: I took your side of the story in good faith and asked you not to have anything more to do with that thread, yet you continued to report posts.

5: You again today reported a post from that forum

6: Now you start a thread here.

Tell you what, take a holiday from the site. I think my eternal fountain of patience has just dried up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement