Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Itchy cat

• 18-07-2012 8:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

Peach seems to be fairly itchy lately, gave a good root through her fur and I found a load of scabs, especially around her ears and mouth. No sign of fleas or mites, no hair loss or anything like that, just lots of scabs! She is scratching her ears a lot, but there's no mite dirt or anything coming out of them. Maybe it's from going through bushes or fighting with Cream but I'm just wondering would I be safe treat her with some frontline just in case or should I not considering that she is covered in scabs?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

Could it be old tick bites? There are loads of them in grass and bushes the last few months. Sometimes they bury themselves really deeply in the cats skin and you can only feel them when they are totally engorged with the cats blood at which stage they wil drop off anyway. I put a spot on type thing especially for ticks on my wanderer and he has had no adverse effects to date but no harm to just ring your vet and ask though. You buy pack of 3 really cheap in pet stores and put one on every month to six weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Its def not ticks, theres way too many and all varying degree of sizes, unfortunately the worst scab has started to weep quite badly so ive made an appointment for her tomorrow morning :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

She has an allergy yo something, no idea what but if the steroids and antibiotic dont clear it well do allergy tests!

Advertisement