Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "I can't believe I spent money on that" Thread

Options
  • 18-07-2012 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

Seeing as the "Today I ordered" thread is one of the busiest in the forum i'm guessing that everyone has had at least one of those fu*k it that was a waste of money moments,

Taught it might be interesting to have a thread dedicated to those disasters:o

I've bought a few juices that were absolutely disgusting (especially the whiskey and rum flavors) but so far my biggest waste of money has been the Janty stick that I got just over a week ago, between buying the starter kit, atomizers, spare cartridges and adapters i've dropped the bones of €100 :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I can't believe I spent money on...

Smoktech DCCs.
    Leaked at the mere mention of the words 'over' and 'filling', no vapour, no flavour(2.0ohm on a Lavatube @ 5v? Piss-weak.), and I bought ten of the cunts.
    Bad batch? Maybe. Never gonna test that out though.

LorAnn's Keoke Coffee flavouring (coffee+brandy+Kahlua=Keoke).
    Tons of American vapists think it's the closest to a real mug of coffee, and there are plenty of warnings about how strong it is, so I went for a 3% mix... BLEURGH.
    Ridiculous. Tastes of strong, fermented, purified tar - maybe...
    It smells vile too - I have it wrapped in cling film, placed inside three plastic baggies - I can still smell it, and the smell has clung onto the foam in my case after being removed from it three weeks ago.
    It was there for one night.

Maybe it'll be nice @ 1-2 drops once I get some creamy flavouring/s?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Never spent a heap on one particular thing but spent a heap on a ton of different clearo's. Virtually every one just gave burnt taste or mouthfuls of juice. The only one that gave a measure of success was the Vivi nova.

Really can't understand how so many people swear by clearo's at all.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

BUD atomizers from ecigwizard....I might as well have stuck a straw in my juice bottle and toot...terrible product.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

The tens of thousands of pounds I spent on cigarettes for 30 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

The Imist atomiser. Just never got on with it. Maybe it's the atomiser system in general.

Love my DCCs, DCTs and Vivi Novas. Even prefer the clearos to the Imist. One for Pandoras box eventually - I know some people like them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

I'm also adding Smokeymizer CE3's to the list,

Really hit and miss flavorwise and there's no such thing as quickly topping one up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Stardust, the non repairable ones. didn't last long (2 days) no flavor, looked good though.
    Clear DCC, outer came off with the drip tip and it looked liker a toilet drain after a day.
    Cappuccino juice.
    Most of the rest I liked and fell out with and liked again so can't complain of the products but mother of god, cappuccino juice!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

lol i forgot about the cappucino juice
    the joyetech one right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Thats the one, I haven't forgotten, still have 9.5 ml left. Not so much a reminder as a warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Smoktech DCCs for the DCT have been the crappiest things I've bought - at least a 50% failure rate. I bought from three different sellers, and they were all crap (one was non-Smoktech, but still shoite).

I've bought a few of those 510 starter kits which seem like great value, but most of them have been a pile of poo - this is probably where I've pissed away most the money. One of them I got maybe a month before both batteries crapped themselves and were of no use.
    lol i forgot about the cappucino juice

I still haven't forgotten it; probably the most putrid stuff I've received to date. Ruined a mega cart on me too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement