Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - seen thread *SPOILERS WITHIN* See Mod Warning in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

MJ23 wrote: »
    Just seen for the second time. Alfred doesn't say the line from the second trailer.
    "you are are precious to me as you were to your own mother and father. I swore to them that i would protect you, and i haven't"
    Anyone else notice this?

Yeah was waiting for that, his scene with Bale on the stairs when he tells him the truth about Rachle was superb, best part of the movie for me. There was a couple of hair on end "fcuk yeah!" moments. for me:

Batmans first appearance during the chase with Bane's guys through the tunnell, the cop telling the younger guy "ohh you're in for a show tonight!" was class.

Batman and Catwoman storming through the tunnels taking the guys out.

The beatdown, Hardy looked immense in that scene, the bit when he picked Bale up by the neck and walked him across the area they were in was a goosebump moment.

Blakes "rising" in the final shot, awesomeness.

The more I think about it the more I like it, going to a show that started at 11pm after a long day at work prob made me grumpy lol I still think the bomb aspect was cheap and lazy and the blast thing could have been done better, it was too convenient, but overall it was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

loved Banes speech on the steps, his voice got easier to understand as it went on

bullvine wrote: »
    loved Banes speech on the steps, his voice got easier to understand as it went on

Its a pity they never showed Arkham in it, its still part of Gotham and it would make sense that he would break the inmates out of there as well. Which would explain how Crane is out, argh can you imagine had Ledger not passed away that Bane broke the Joker out as well? (if Bane would have still been the focus, maybe it would have gone a different way as they could have used the Joker again)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

"Calm DOWN Doctor! Now is not the time for fear! ...........That comes later!"

One of my favourite lines from the film. It really portrays the cold hard killer that Bane is from the start.

I had no problems understanding Bane but I can imagine it depends on the cinema you are in and crowd around you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

Skadoosh! wrote: »
    The more I think about it the more I like it, going to a show that started at 11pm after a long day at work prob made me grumpy lol I still think the bomb aspect was cheap and lazy and the blast thing could have been done better, it was too convenient, but overall it was excellent.

Did you see it at Showtime? How did you find the sound? I was sitting on the far right hand side in row two at the front and the mix sounded a little off to me. Probably because I was so close to the right front speaker. It was a little distracting but I still loved it. I'll probably go again tonight. A lot earlier this time so I can get a decent seat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Oscorp

Its a pity they never showed Arkham in it,

Have they shown the Narrows at all since BB?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

I just saw it a couple of hours ago. It was different to what I expected. It was very emotional and poignant. It's a great film, but not without its flaws. I didn't like the prison part myself. How did Bruce Wayne get back to Gotham so quickly after he escaped? I thought the last fight scene was a bit disappointing too.

The ending was terrific as was the acting. Bain has a menacing prescence, even if he was inaudible at times. I think TKD is the best out of the 3, but this is a fitting conclusion to a great triolgy.

I love the lighthouse and their grown up attitude.

Staropramen 4.50 a bottle :)

And I loved the movie. Going to see it next week again

Actually, I have a tiny gripe...

Why at the start did the CIA guys not remove the hoods before Bane et al got in the plane? There were 2 extra men that weren't meant to be there. Would it not make sense to check them out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

The scene where Marion Cotillard is in Wayne Manor, I think she was looking at the photo of Rachel. Check out her bust...much more 'ample' than normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Can I ask in the first fight between Bane and Batman, how did Bane know Batman's true identity?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Can I ask in the first fight between Bane and Batman, how did Bane know Batman's true identity?

He was part of the league of shadows, as was Talia so one would assume they had a chat about the guy who was responsible for the death of her father.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,709 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

36 hours on still buzzing after seeing it! Great end to the Trilogy really can't see why anyone could prefer the Superhero Lite Marvel Avengers movie over this.

One thing that does worry me is the impact on the box office and possible awards season that idiot in Colorado will have on the film. I see Warner are holding off what it earns this weekend.

Actually, I have a tiny gripe...

Why at the start did the CIA guys not remove the hoods before Bane et al got in the plane? There were 2 extra men that weren't meant to be there. Would it not make sense to check them out?

I read it that were making a statement about the CIA. Renditions, arrogance, incompetence etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

juan.kerr wrote: »
    The scene where Marion Cotillard is in Wayne Manor, I think she was looking at the photo of Rachel. Check out her bust...much more 'ample' than normal.

Noticed this myself :cool:

How did Blake know Batman was Wayne too? 2+2 and got lucky?

Oscorp wrote: »
    Have they shown the Narrows at all since BB?

Nope, its not in TDK at all, pity as I much prefered the look of Gotham in BB than the others, it was a real city with a comic book aspect, as opposed to just being Chicago or New York. Moving the shoot to NY bugged me tbh, like shooting there is one thing but completely changing the look of the city was stupid, they lost the instantly recognisable Chicago bridges which played a part in both BB and TDK. they didnt even cover up signs, you see the tumblers cruising past Saks of Fifth Avenue in one part. I always liked that Gotham didn't just look like NYC, since every other comic movie it seems is set there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Seen it last night brilliant film excellent ending

Never seen any batman films before gonna watch the others now

Seen it last night brilliant film excellent ending

Never seen any batman films before gonna watch the others now

:confused: why would you watch the third part of a trilogy first? was that not confusing wondering what all the references to the previous two were about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Loved the film overall, bar a few minor points. One thing I really didnt like though is Bane's end. It was too simple, too comical almost. I really didnt think it suited his character. He spends the entire film being so menacing and indestructible only to go out in such a ridiculous fashion.

Anyone else think that?

• Advertisement

dr gonzo wrote: »
    Loved the film overall, bar a few minor points. One thing I really didnt like though is Bane's end. It was too simple, too comical almost. I really didnt think it suited his character. He spends the entire film being so menacing and indestructible only to go out in such a ridiculous fashion.

Anyone else think that?

Yes! this guy is built up as this monster character, destorys Batman and brings Gotham to its knees, and he's gotten rid of with a quick moment and comedy line of dialogue. I was wondering if Batman would kill him either accidentally or on purpose given his code but no, wahey here comes Catwoman with a one liner, it felt so at odds with the rest of it. That was my biggest issue with the whole thing, the larger the scale the less the impact, you were just dulled to it watching a cgi machine fly around instead of the intensity of the the finales of the previous two. It was the human moments that made it for me not the action, which was good but I dunno, just didnt feel engaged by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

At the risk of sounding like an utterly rabid fan, here's Bane's lines from the IMAX preview - nobody could memorize an entire scene in one cinema viewing so you know this is from the original scene, with the allegedly "inaudible voice"
    http://www.funnyjunk.com/movies/3036025/The/

"Or perhaps he is wondering why someone would shoot a man - BEFORE throwing him out of a plane?"
    "Doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan! No one cared who I was until I put on the mask..."
    "Of course! Dr Pavel refused our offer in favour of yours, we had to find out what he told you about us!"
    "Crashing this plane....... WITH NO SURVIVORS!!!"
    "No! They expect one of us in the wreckage, brother..."
    "...The fire rises!"
    "Calm DOWN Doctor! Now is not the time for fear! ...........That comes later!"

Again... I literally never had a problem understanding him, I honestly don't see how people do have a problem with it. Literally the first ever trailer for the movie, his one line is "When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die" - that drew hordes of criticism and I was just like "It sounds like he's talking through a little megaphone or FM radio, but that's all.

Out of interest, did anyone else here have absolutely no problems with his voice?

I had problems hearing the stadium lines Bane had, especially when he was talking to the doctor. Obviously if a lot of people had problems with it, then it must have been a slight problem, some peoples ears might be tuned different too. But when he said a lot of words in a sentence together, some of it I couldn't make out. I also don't think it got easier to make out as it went on really, it was just that in later scenes he had the speech and certain lines that he very obviously slowed and said more clearly as was the nature of the scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Yes! this guy is built up as this monster character, destorys Batman and brings Gotham to its knees, and he's gotten rid of with a quick moment and comedy line of dialogue. I was wondering if Batman would kill him either accidentally or on purpose given his code but no, wahey here comes Catwoman with a one liner, it felt so at odds with the rest of it. That was my biggest issue with the whole thing, the larger the scale the less the impact, you were just dulled to it watching a cgi machine fly around instead of the intensity of the the finales of the previous two. It was the human moments that made it for me not the action, which was good but I dunno, just didnt feel engaged by it.

I understand the thing about Bane's death. However in Nolan's Batman it makes sense, because Bale after all was just a man. A huge shot from a gun on a bike is going to kill him, rather than lots of shots before he dies like other of these type of films. It also gave Catwoman a big impact in the film, while completely keeping in line with the fact that Batman was injured by Talia, so him beating up and killing Bane would have been a bit out of line with the storytelling.

dr gonzo wrote: »

Anyone else think that?

No, he was well beaten by Batman in the fight just before (possibly because Batman damaged his mask). I think another Batman/Bane fight would have been superfluous. Batman had broken him anyway, he was like a child wanting to kill Batman rather than have him killed by the blast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Loved it overall but to lower the bar of the current conversation. When Bruce slept with Talia, I surely wasn't the only person who had the thought 'This appears to be the first time Bruce has had sex in nine years...', given the fact he was a recluse for 8 years and Rachel's demise. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Why was there so much hand to hand combat near the end when there was weapons aplenty? People were having fist fights while surrounded by tanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Corkfeen wrote: »
    Loved it overall but to lower the bar of the current conversation. When Bruce slept with Talia, I surely wasn't the only person who had the thought 'This appears to be the first time Bruce has had sex in nine years...', given the fact he was a recluse for 8 years and Rachel's demise. :pac:

Nope, I was thinking "The lucky bastard!"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Anyone spot any notable actors in minor roles? I have three I can think of.

Quinn from Dexter,
    Lechero from Prison Break s3,
    Teal'c from Stargate.

And the obvious one in a more major role of course....
    Aiden Gillen from Clonliffe Road, eh I mean The Wire/Game of Thrones.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

GSPfan wrote: »
    Also Bellick from Prison Break and Franco from Rescue Me.

• Advertisement

GSPfan wrote: »

Quinn from Dexter,
    Lechero from Prison Break s3,
    Teal'c from Stargate.

And the obvious one in a more major role of course....
    Aiden Gillen from Clonliffe Road, eh I mean The Wire/Game of Thrones.

Jamie from Blue Bloods

Plus the return of the Scarecrow

Advertisement