Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - seen thread *SPOILERS WITHIN* See Mod Warning in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Corkfeen wrote: »
    Loved it overall but to lower the bar of the current conversation. When Bruce slept with Talia, I surely wasn't the only person who had the thought 'This appears to be the first time Bruce has had sex in nine years...', given the fact he was a recluse for 8 years and Rachel's demise. :pac:

Must admit I had the same thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Colvin from The Wire.

Matthew Modine was in Weeds

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

The guy who played Bunny Colvin in The Wire (he set up Hamsterdam) had a speaking role as a soldier after the Bane football stadium scene. Took me hours to figure out where I recognised him!

Basq wrote: »
    Also Bellick from Prison Break and Franco from Rescue Me.

Yeah forgot Bellick. Seen him. There was also a clip of the president on the tv in Bruce Waynes cell and the president was William Devine. Who also played the president in Stargate!!

The guy who played Bunny Colvin in The Wire (he set up Hamsterdam) had a speaking role as a soldier after the Bane football stadium scene. Took me hours to figure out where I recognised him!

Was that Lechero from Prison Break??? I'm only realising now they are the same person if it is. The soldier who walked across the bridge to talk?

Just checked..... It is him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Oscorp

Was great to see Aidan Gillen as the CIA agent on the plane. Terrific actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

ooh, also I loved the Batsymbol reveal in the opening, the ice breaking to show the outline of it, was cool having it set in winter, always liked that about Returns as well that its set at Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Big spoiler below:
    What was the deal with Ra's Al Ghul / Liam Neeson? Was that a deranged hallucination of a broken batman, or did it imply that he actually did manage to preserve himself somehow? Whole scene reminded me very much of Qui Gon Jinn's appearance as a force ghost in Star Wars...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

GSPfan wrote: »
    Loved it overall but to lower the bar of the current conversation. When Bruce slept with Talia, I surely wasn't the only person who had the thought 'This appears to be the first time Bruce has had sex in nine years...', given the fact he was a recluse for 8 years and Rachel's demise. :pac:

Maybe that explains why his arms are still so strong despite his 8 year absence from the cape?
    >_>
    <_<
    *runs*

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

Also Burn Gorman (Owen Harper from Torchwood) as Daggert's right hand man...took an IMDB search to verify, I knew I'd seen him somewhere!

• Advertisement

Big spoiler below:
    What was the deal with Ra's Al Ghul / Liam Neeson? Was that a deranged hallucination of a broken batman, or did it imply that he actually did manage to preserve himself somehow? Whole scene reminded me very much of Qui Gon Jinn's appearance as a force ghost in Star Wars...

No need for spoiler tags now, if I'm not mistaken its the same speech Neeson gives Bale in the house at the end of Begins, or something very similar, so maybe he's just hallucinating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

He evaporated into thin air right in front of our eyes, I think it's safe to assume Bruce was hallucinating.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Joeyjoejoe83

GSPfan wrote: »

Maybe that explains why his arms are still so strong despite his 8 year absence from the cape?
    >_>
    <_<
    *runs*

Maybe that's what the title means ..the dark knight "rises"

Also Burn Gorman (Owen Harper from Torchwood) as Daggert's right hand man...took an IMDB search to verify, I knew I'd seen him somewhere!

OMG:eek:

I was sure I knew him. He looked so weird in this film. He has a mad face anyway i think but I couldn't place him at all. Thanks for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Glad to hear Kermode digged the film.

Not having a go at anyone but I'm shocked at how many people are asking was Ra's Al Ghul real? And then are wondering was Bruce Wayne at the end a hallucination?

People need to just accept what was shown. Stop thinking its Inception. Ra's Al Ghul is dead. Bruce Wayne was hallucinating. Bruce Wayne is alive, Alfred was happy to see him living his life. Pretty straight forward I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,357 ✭✭✭✭8-10

How did Wayne get back onto the island after escaping the pit? Wasn't it in lockdown with nobody able to cross any bridges? If he found a way on couldn't he have gotten people off?

And 1 person said the core being removed would cause a nucleur reaction in 4 months, Bane said by his calculation it would be 5 months....how did they calculate it down to the second? And why did they put that on a timer, was there already a timer? Why would it have had a timer?

Sorry...I really need to see it again because it confused the hell out of me at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

dr gonzo wrote: »
    One thing I really didnt like though is Bane's end. It was too simple, too comical almost. I really didnt think it suited his character. He spends the entire film being so menacing and indestructible only to go out in such a ridiculous fashion.

Anyone else think that?

A friend had the same problem and I can definitely see why it may have bothered some. Personally I didn't have too much of a problem with it because as soon as Batman defeats him in the fistfight Bane is no longer that threatening of a character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

This was a truly fulfilling movie. The excitement and grandiosity of The Dark Knight combined with the substance and resonance of Batman Begins.

Gonna try and see it in iSense soon, given that the cinema I was in wasn't great it speaks highly of the film that I was so immersed all throughout. I didn't even have a problem with Bane's dialog despite the sound system being a little choppy.

8-10 wrote: »
    How did Wayne get back onto the island after escaping the pit? Wasn't it in lockdown with nobody able to cross any bridges? If he found a way on couldn't he have gotten people off?

And 1 person said the core being removed would cause a nucleur reaction in 4 months, Bane said by his calculation it would be 5 months....how did they calculate it down to the second? And why did they put that on a timer, was there already a timer? Why would it have had a timer?

Sorry...I really need to see it again because it confused the hell out of me at times.

1. I was wondering how he got himself out of a hole in some foreign country and back to America personally but getting across a frozen river in a small boat or something wouldn't be hard to imagine. Its not like they were watching every single piece of the shoreline. Also how was he gonna ferry a few million people out of Gotham without Bane knowing?? He was more interested in stopping the nuclear explosion than saving a few dozen people.

2. The timer thing........... Well........... Just go with it! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

8-10 wrote: »
    Its a lot easier to sneak 1 ninja onto an island then sneak untrained people off.
    Plus he's fcuking batman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

They should have shown how Bruce got back to Gotham after getting out of the pit. And also should have explained how he got back on the island, seeing as nobody was allowed on or off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

MJ23 wrote: »
    They should have shown how Bruce got back to Gotham after getting out of the pit. And also should have explained how he got back on the island, seeing as nobody was allowed on or off.

It's a city - there are any number of ways he could have gotten in, even if it is an island.

The special forces guys managed it, is it so hard to imagine that Batman did too?

Parachute, (stealth) helicopter, scuba gear to cross under the ice...use your imagination. The island was obviously NY, there is at least one tunnel (see Stallone film Daylight).

MJ23 wrote: »

The film can only be so long tho! Was that really important in the grand scheme of things to give it time on screen? It may be in a directors cut version. For me it didn't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Corholio wrote: »
    I understand the thing about Bane's death. However in Nolan's Batman it makes sense, because Bale after all was just a man. A huge shot from a gun on a bike is going to kill him, rather than lots of shots before he dies like other of these type of films. It also gave Catwoman a big impact in the film, while completely keeping in line with the fact that Batman was injured by Talia, so him beating up and killing Bane would have been a bit out of line with the storytelling.

Does the Bat Pod not making a sound fit in in Nolan's realistic universe?:pac:

I agree that what happened to Bane should have killed him but they resorted to the cheap trick of the savior sneaking up silently off camera.....on a huge motorbike.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,357 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I did like the nod to the pearl necklace that Kyle stole at the beginning, same one as his dad gave his mother in BB that she wears to the theatre the night they're killed right?

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Does the Bat Pod not making a sound fit in in Nolan's realistic universe?:pac:

I agree that what happened to Bane should have killed him but they resorted to the cheap trick of the savior sneaking up silently off camera.....on a huge motorbike.

on a huge motorbike thats absolutely deafening any other time its on screen :pac: I hated the way once Bane is kicked through the door that they're now in a silent room, when there's a few thousand guys kicking the sh1te out of each other a few feet outside the door. Nitpicking it may be but its stupid filmmaking.

Skadoosh! wrote: »
    on a huge motorbike thats absolutely deafening any other time its on screen :pac: I hated the way once Bane is kicked through the door that they're now in a silent room, when there's a few thousand guys kicking the sh1te out of each other a few feet outside the door. Nitpicking it may be but its stupid filmmaking.

Stop ruining it for yourself by thinking!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Moved pretty silently past the cop cars in the tunnel :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

on a huge motorbike thats absolutely deafening any other time its on screen :pac:

Stealth mode?

Advertisement