Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - seen thread *SPOILERS WITHIN* See Mod Warning in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Oscorp

Dman001 wrote: »
    Was more shocked really that Gordon had remembered putting a coat around a young Bruce Wayne around 15 years ago :D

I'm sure he'd remember a lot about one of the most horrific and infamous crimes of his police career and how he consoled Gotham's most famous son.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Was more shocked really that Gordon had remembered putting a coat around a young Bruce Wayne around 15 years ago :D

I remember giving a girl my coat after a night on the piss walking to Supermacs when I got my leaving cert results, that was around that long ago. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I dunno if it was just me but I got really excited when the lights went out in the tunnel chase between the police and Bane on the bike. I thought it was a great way to re-introduce Batman back into the film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

how did bruce wayne die? we saw how batman died and bruce waynes gravestone and will reading. does everyone now know that he was batman?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Random wrote: »
    how did bruce wayne die? we saw how batman died and bruce waynes gravestone and will reading. does everyone now know that he was batman?

Victim of the riots or into the ice I would guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

I suppose they could have portrayed his death as a result of the revolution against those in power and with wealth.

I thought that was the point? or did I miss that completely

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Oscorp wrote: »
    I'm sure he'd remember a lot about one of the most horrific and infamous crimes of his police career and how he consoled Gotham's most famous son.
    Haha true, but when an almost-stranger tells him a very ambiguous phrase like "Put a coat around a small boy", which happened around 15-20 years during the height of crime in Gotham, it is rather impressive that Gordan linked it to Wayne straight away........okay, at this point I'm knit-picking! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭a/tel

After seeing the trilogy, my favourite has to be BB. Has the best storyline, soundtrack, actors (besides Heath Ledger in TDK).

Was disappointed with Bane defeat at the end of Rises, also the Robin reference was disapponting, didnt think Nolan would do that. Would prefer to think that Blake would become the new Batman besides the farsical Robin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Skadoosh! wrote: »
    I thought that was the point? or did I miss that completely

After the funeral JGL's character said to Oldman that it didn't seem fair that no one would ever know who had saved them.

• Advertisement

a/tel wrote: »
    Would prefer to think that Blake would become the new Batman besides the farsical Robin.

He was going to become the new Batman....he wasn't going to start running around in short shorts and green boots.

It was the movie equivalent of Dick Grayson taking up the mantle.

After the funeral JGL's character said to Oldman that it didn't seem fair that no one would ever know who had saved them.

ah yeah that was it, lot to take in during those final few minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Why did catwoman steal bruce waynes necklace? Bane told her to get it was it? How did Bane and her know each other? Did catwoman then know Wayne was Batman when he was on about his "powerful friend"?

Why did Blake go to visit Wayne near the start?

Mods would it be possible to add a poll to the thread, as to who liked it and who was disappointed with the film? Would be interested to see the everyone's general consensus on the film. It seems rather split at the moment, with many disappointed with it (although still saying it was a good film) with others saying it's the best film of the Trilogy!

Samich wrote: »
    Why did catwoman steal bruce waynes necklace? Bane told her to get it was it?

She didn't intend on stealing it, she was after his finger prints.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

with others saying it's the best film of the Trilogy!
    I haven't read the last few pages in depth.. but there are honestly people who think this is the best of the trilogy?

Seriously? I'm not criticising anyone's taste in movies (in hindsight, I do think I was harsh on it on TDKR) or this movie particularly - but better than The Dark Knight.. really? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Basq wrote: »
    I haven't read the last few pages in depth.. but there are honestly people who think this is the best of the trilogy?

Seriously? I'm not criticising anyone's taste (in hindsight, I do think I was harsh on it) but better than The Dark Knight.. really? :confused:

The Dark Knight is definitely the best of the 3.

I'd go BB: 8
    TDK: 9
    DNR: 8

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Turtyturd wrote: »
    He was going to become the new Batman....he wasn't going to start running around in short shorts and green boots.

It was the movie equivalent of Dick Grayson taking up the mantle.

Exactly. The Robin thing was just a nod to the comics. Blake had the Batman identity and gear waiting for him, he'd hardly create a new identity for himself!

I also like that it was left open for Bruce's return someday...hopefully they don't continue this series though!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

My current ratings.

BB 9.5
    TDK 9
    TDKR 8.5

I watched BB again today and can't find much fault with it, it's brilliant.

There's a few crap scenes in TDK which annoyed me such as the boat scene.

TDKR has more faults but still excellent overall.

Seriously? I'm not criticising anyone's taste in movies (in hindsight, I do think I was harsh on it on TDKR) or this movie particularly - but better than The Dark Knight.. really? :confused:
    Huge overstatement on my behalf (although I have heard that statement away from this thread). Still, to call the film amazing and outstanding is still a huge stretch really IMO.

• Advertisement

I watched BB again today and can't find much fault with it, it's brilliant.
    I love BB but watching it the other night, it does have it's fair share of dodgy dialogue..

e.g Commission Gordon (after seeing the Batmobile) channeling Will Smith in Independence Day by saying "I have got to get me one of those!"

facepalmbatman.jpg
    Huge overstatement on my behalf (although I have heard that statement away from this thread). Still, to call the film amazing and outstanding is still a huge stretch really IMO.
    Actually.. on a quick glance of my Facebook.. I don't think it was that much of an overstatement.

Can't agree anyways - both BB and TDK are just in a different class.

I love BB but watching it the other night, it does have it's fair share of dodgy dialogue..

e.g Commission Gordon (after seeing the Batmobile) channeling Will Smith in Independence Day by saying "I have got to get me one of those!"

I'd say the same in the same siuation though :pac:

there are cheesy lines of dialogue throughout the trilogy, it can't all be doom and gravitas a few crowd pleasing one liners are acceptable, I just hated how Bane was dispatched with one. The Joker got away with it because they're meant to be bad jokes and Ledger did it so well it wound up being actually funny. "lets not blow this out of proportion.."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Just seen it there... Enjoyed it but felt like something was missing. Better overall than TDK for me though.

Skadoosh! wrote: »
    there are cheesy lines of dialogue throughout the trilogy, it can't all be doom and gravitas a few crowd pleasing one liners are acceptable, I just hated how Bane was dispatched with one. The Joker got away with it because they're meant to be bad jokes and Ledger did it so well it wound up being actually funny. "lets not blow this out of proportion.."
    Maybe that's it.. but seeing as that line directly followed the "magic trick" moment, it's too easy to let that slide!

I really noticed the dodgy dialogue in BB and TDKR.. but not so much TDK. So you could be onto something.

TDK does have probably the dodgiest moment of the entire series when Joker tries to blow up the hospital though.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    TDK does have probably the dodgiest moment of the entire series when Joker tries to blow up the hospital though.
    Why was that dodgy? That's a great scene!

The shot of him rambling out and repeatedly clicking the trigger was superb!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Oh forgot to add, clapping at the end of the film....cringe.

Samich wrote: »
    Oh forgot to add, clapping at the end of the film....cringe.
    None in my local cinema..

Been a long time since I was at a film with actual applause at the end... eurrgghh!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 307 ✭✭CodyJarrett

Been a long time since I was at a film with actual applause at the end... eurrgghh!

If the director or cast members are in attendance, then I think it's fine.

• Advertisement

whiplashed wrote: »
    If the director or cast members are in attendance, then I think it's fine.
    Joseph Gordon-Levitt was at the screening in the Sligo cinema..

.. actually sorry, that was a pile of oily rags.

Advertisement