Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - seen thread *SPOILERS WITHIN* See Mod Warning in first post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Ah you missed the point. Opinions are yours to have, but if you are going to share it, try and make it interesting and/or challenging for everyone else. Not some childish synopsis of the <a class="inlineAdmedialink" href="#">movie</a>.

Hysterical? Please...

The whole facebook swipe was pretty over the top

He probably thought the plot wasn't great. And I'd agree. Very lazy in comparison to the first two films

• Registered Users Posts: 19,204 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

3 out of 10, thought it was truly awful, gets the crap kicked out of him by bane who then puts him in a cell with a physio and a doctor and all he had to do is climb out a hole, dirt.

A prison that Bane could never escape from and gave him the most painful injury of his life? He put Bruce there with a broken vertebrae. Also you are basing your 3/10 rating on just this?

What about the characterisation? Overall plot? Performances? Score? nope, you just go for 3/10 and about 10 minutes of the movie that you are completely wrong about...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Ah you missed the point. Opinions are yours to have, but if you are going to share it, try and make it interesting and/or challenging for everyone else. Not some childish synopsis of the movie.

Hysterical? Please...

The film was rubbish, its not worth my time breaking it down especially cause I'm using my phone. I loved the last one, it was excellent. That does not give this the right to be good, i think some have bought into the hype.

The nemesis was good, really unsettling but all in all, it was terrible. Not enough of batman at all, especially the stealthy stuff., that's ok if the story was good but it was unintelligible, disjointed, unbelievable.

Cat woman delivers him into the hands of bane, then does a complete about turn. Then there was the whole bomb about to go off cliche cliche cliche. This film has very few redeeming features, the greatest being Anne Hathaway in leather.

I also wonder about yer man being called Fox, subliminal stuff maybe. Do they have any part of WB.

Liam O wrote: »
    A prison that Bane could never escape from and gave him the most painful injury of his life? He put Bruce there with a broken vertebrae. Also you are basing your 3/10 rating on just this?

What about the characterisation? Overall plot? Performances? Score? nope, you just go for 3/10 and about 10 minutes of the movie that you are completely wrong about...

So you were on the edge of your seat wondering if Batman would get out were you? Hardly gripping stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭phil1nj

The film was rubbish, its not worth my time breaking it down especially cause I'm using my phone. I loved the last one, it was excellent. That does not give this the right to be good, i think some have bought into the hype.

The nemesis was good, really unsettling but all in all, it was terrible. Not enough of batman at all, especially the stealthy stuff., that's ok if the story was good but it was unintelligible, disjointed, unbelievable.

Cat woman delivers him into the hands of bane, then does a complete about turn. Then there was the whole bomb about to go off cliche cliche cliche. This film has very few redeeming features, the greatest being Anne Hathaway in leather.

I also wonder about yer man being called Fox, subliminal stuff maybe. Do they have any part of WB.

So you won't be buying the triple-play blu-ray boxset with bonus bobble-head Bane when it comes out then? Shame:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

The character has been around for about 30 years.

The character has been around for about 30 years.

Fair enough

The whole hole segment was pretty tiresome and could have been wrapped up a lot quicker I felt. Although it did coincide with one of the best parts of the film (Bane taking control of the city)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Can someone explain how Batman goes from getting hammered by Bane, then doing some press ups and sit ups and then can beat Bane easily enough then?

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭phil1nj

Samich wrote: »
    Can someone explain how Batman goes from getting hammered by Bane, then doing some press ups and sit ups and then can beat Bane easily enough then?

Yep. easy. He's Batman see. He also had 5 months but really needed a montage to show how he did it.

• Advertisement

Punched him a few times.Kicked him through a window then clattered his head off a table.

Then he shouted at him a bit and made him cry.

I think the sit ups and stuff was just to get his figure back after lying on his arse for so long.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Just after watching TDK again, TDKR is better IMO. BB the best.

wayne had a stylish enough beard after 5 months too ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

As Handsome Bob suggested earlier, I think the sheer fact that Bruce escaped from the prison shattered Bane's confidence. Bane wasn't able escape himself and didn't believe that a man like Bruce could either. In addition, after seeing what Bane had done to his city, Bruce was more motivated than ever to defeat him. Where as previously he probably wasn't taking Bane seriously enough.

As Handsome Bob suggested earlier, I think the sheer fact that Bruce escaped from the prison shattered Bane's confidence. Bane wasn't able escape himself and didn't believe that a man like Bruce could either. In addition, after seeing what Bane had done to his city, Bruce was more motivated than ever to defeat him. Where as previously he probably wasn't taking Bane seriously enough.

How did Bane get out? Was he pulled out?

He was also bench pressing his cellmate

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

How did Bane get out? Was he pulled out?

He was rescued when Miranda and her father returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Coz he's fúcking Batman :D! Thats why!

In fairness, it took the Nuclear bomb 5 months to explode and Bruce arrives to Gotham with only hours left on the timer so he he spent 5 months training in that prision with nothing driving him but anger and revenge.

Plus as mentioned before, Bane was beaten when Batman lit up the bridge. From being broken to RISING from the pit, Batman had achieved what Bane never did. Bats had the mental upperhand before a punch was thrown in the second fight.

My favorite scene in the film was the batman bane fight were Bane was clearly ****ed and kept lashing out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Above average movie, could never have lived up to the hype, First hour is boring, the movie was to predictable, liked bane's character

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

wayne had a stylish enough beard after 5 months too ;)

not the cops though, for some reason along with keeping them alive by supplying them food and water before planning to kill them in a nuclear blast, Bane also gave them a decent supply of razors

They didn't have beards, true, but the cops were clearly unshaven. I think perhaps Nolan decided that the sight of a bunch of bearded guys with long hair in police uniforms charging at Bane's men at the end might have been a bit comical.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

In the first encounter, Bane was waiting for Batman. It was fought under Bane's terms against a barely fit Wayne who had never even seen Bane, never mind knowing how to fight him.

The second encounter was under Batman's terms. As has been said, Wayne spent five months training intently, perfecting fitness, sharpness and being hyper motivated by the sight of Gotham being thrashed. Going over and over Bane's fighting style. Learning about Bane's weakness - the gas mask. How it shielded him from the pain of his injuries and without it he would be overwhelmed by pain. Hence Batman targeted that and Bane became distracted and manic when the gas supply was interfered with allowing Batman to get the upper hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

al28283 wrote: »
    not the cops though, for some reason along with keeping them alive by supplying them food and water before planning to kill them in a nuclear blast, Bane also gave them a decent supply of razors

Maybe Gillette were the official shaving partners of the League of Shadows Gotham Games 2012?

They didn't have beards, true, but the cops were clearly unshaven. I think perhaps Nolan decided that the sight of a bunch of bearded guys with long hair in police uniforms charging at Bane's men at the end might have been a bit comical.

Comical? At least they would have matched the plot :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Was there some sort of adjustable bullet on the bat bike? the guns are fired three times and they have a different effect each time.

I assumed the clean shaven cops were just very ugly women.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

There is so much wrong with this post it's not surprising you even got your username wrong. It's Xabi Alonso, not Xavi.

2ndcoming wrote: »
    There is so much wrong with this post

name 3

• Advertisement

2ndcoming wrote: »
    There is so much wrong with this post it's not surprising you even got your username wrong. It's Xabi Alonso, not Xavi.

He is allowed his opinion in all fairness :)

Advertisement