Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - seen thread *SPOILERS WITHIN* See Mod Warning in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Even tho i thought this movie was only "alright"
    at least Chirstopher Nolan made a solid and good trilogy.

Because, imo, rises is certainly not a bad movie. Most trilogies always have a downright crap movie. Nolan's batman did not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

The film is full of plot holes and inconsistencies.

Just to name two...

Bruce needs a walking stick to help him walk but is able to dance with Selina wihtout any problems.

A Knife is put through batmans suit which is bulletproof yet it cant stop Knifes ?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Jumboman wrote: »

Just to name two

Bruce needs a walking stick to help him walk but is able to dance with Selina wihtout any problems.

A knife is put through batmans suit which is bulletproof yet it cant stop knifes ?

Slow movements with support for dancing. Not like he was doing a massive tango.

The knife weakness was explained in TDK. To get more movement the suit was changed to be more panel based at the cost of weaker spaces between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭amacca

Just to name two

in the film, there is a shot of him with some piece of technology (straps above and below the knee) like the smart material in his cape or the ribs of it that allow him to overcome the injury and walk properly...I just assumed he was wearing it from that point on.......why wouldn't you...in case you had to spring into action suddenly etc
    A knife is put through batmans suit which is bulletproof yet it cant stop knifes ?

presumably the dastardly villainess picked her spot and inserted the knife between the armored plates of the suit

also..in the real world bullet proof vests are not necessarily knife proof believe it or not....needs a special weave to make a vest capable of stopping a knife penetrating it.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Chevolution

How does bane eat? A big motherfücker like that needs a lot of protein yet he can't take off his mask. Otherwise the film was a great way to end the trilogy :p

• Advertisement

Why did Miranda Tate sleep with Bruce? :pac:

Bruce killed her father.
    She wants to kill him. Make him suffer. She stabs him. Even ordering bane to keep him alive so he 'can watch the fire'.

But she still screws bruce :pac:
    I get the whole being two-faced, trying to get close to him, getting close to him to locate Wayne Enterpries reactor. But did she really have to bang him? lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭amacca

How does bane eat? A big motherfücker like that needs a lot of protein yet he can't take off his mask.

he takes all his meals as a big suppository :P

this neatly explains why he is quite an angry lad and also why he is more than a bit bandy legged when he walks :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

When Talia is talking about the slow knife, she's talking about herself. The fact that she had been intimate with Bruce and had won his trust in such a way just would have made her betrayal all the much worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

Just to name two...

The requisite properties of a material to stop a lead bullet and a knife are quite different. A bullet's kinetic energy is dispursed over a large area in a ballistic vest, a knives is far more concentrated and can puncture the fibres in a ballistic vest surprisingly easily.

When Talia is talking about the slow knife, she's talking about herself. The fact that she had been intimate with Bruce and had won his trust in such a way just would have made her betrayal all the much worse.

So... I should have sex with my enemies. Then stick them with a knife :pac:
    i like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Why did Miranda Tate sleep with Bruce? :pac:

Bruce killed her father.
    She wants to kill him. Make him suffer. She stabs him. Even ordering bane to keep him alive so he 'can watch the fire'.

But she still screws bruce :pac:
    I get the whole being two-faced, trying to get close to him, getting close to him to locate Wayne Enterpries reactor. But did she really have to bang him? lol.

Because she is a slag.

Slightly off topic,Christian Bale has visited one of the hospitals in Aurora off his own back.Nice touch that.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

Just to name two...

A Knife is put through batmans suit which is bulletproof yet it cant stop Knifes ?

I was disappointed with the film but your last complaint is quite ignorant (in the true sense of the word.) Bullet proof vests are not designed to stop knives and rarely do. A quick Google and you'll find info relating to it like this:

http://www.safeguardclothing.co.uk/13-stab-proof-vest/

Regarding the dance scene, I'd call nitpicking. If you really wanted to take issue with the cane it would have been better directed to the pit scenes, like for example when he was climbing and leaping.

Things like that are not why I was disappointed with the film. Suspending disbelief is a requisite I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Good to see that Bale's care towards his roles extends to his fans too. Very nice to see in the shadow of this tragedy.

Its just PR work guys.

Thats not to say bale isnt a good guy (you'd have to know him personally to make that judgement) But this is all PR.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

krudler wrote: »
    Batman wrote: »
    A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy’s shoulders to let him know the world hasn’t ended.

Those poor folks. Hope it brightens up their situation somewhat.

Its just PR work guys.

Thats not to say bale isnt a good guy (you'd have to know him personally to make that judgement) But this is all PR.

No cameras there (press or anything). WB have said nothing to do with them either

• Registered Users Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭Elessar

"Killing you is just revenge for my patience".

Talia says this afters she stabs batman. Not sure I get the motivation. She hated her father for excommunicating bane, was only able to respect him after batman "murdered" him (her words), but tries to kill batman for "revenge for my patience". Why sleep with him? Would she have killed him anyway?

EDIT: Oh, I saw it again. AMAZEBALLS. Second viewing completely different from the first. This is what movies are meant to be. Absolutely fantastic. Clever, deep, meaningful, spectacular. The last fight with bane. WOW. Felt the first half of the movie was stronger than the second. But up there with the best movies I've ever seen.

No cameras there (press or anything). WB have said nothing to do with them either

Maybe its nothing to do with Warner Brothers. But there is personal PR.

And as for no official cameras there? ... doesnt have to be. bale turning up to one of those hopistals will make the news. With photos. As it did.

I dont mean to sound like a cynic :o And sure probably Bale did this out of being a nice guy. But at the same time its hollywood. Whats better? doing a good deed because its the nice thing to do... or doing that deed but with the idea it will make the news and give people a positive image of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Elessar wrote: »
    "Killing you is just revenge for my patience".

Talia says this afters she stabs batman. Not sure I get the motivation. She hated her father for excommunicating bane, was only able to respect him after batman "murdered" him (her words), but tries to kill batman for "revenge for my patience". Why sleep with him? Would she have killed him anyway?

She is a cock hungry whore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Seen it twice now and only plot hole i cant fill is how does Blake know Bruce is Batman?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

Just to name two...

I have to agree with the plot holes and inconsistencies. My biggest grievances are the fact that the prison he was sent to, which was compared to hell, was actually pretty decent. Everyone seemed very civil and some kind bloke even fixed his back.... He wouldnt have lasted 10 minutes in mountjoy.

Also, 4-5 months trapped in a sewer system and they couldn't find a way out, not only that but the uniforms looked in pretty good nick when they did escape!

I did enjoy it but I think I got caught up in the hype more than anything else, Im not sure it was possible to top The Dark Knight for me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Its just PR work guys.

From what we know about Bale, I don't think he's the kind of chap who can be dictated to. There would be nothing in his contract that would demand that he *has* to do something like this either.

So I'd be fairly certain he's doing it because he wants to.

Maybe its nothing to do with Warner Brothers. But there is personal PR.

And as for no official cameras there? ... doesnt have to be. bale turning up to one of those hopistals will make the news. With photos. As it did.

I dont mean to sound like a cynic :o And sure probably Bale did this out of being a nice guy. But at the same time its hollywood. Whats better? doing a good deed because its the nice thing to do... or doing that deed but with the idea it will make the news and give people a positive image of you.

Honestly, what is your problem?

Would you have preferred him to do nothing?

Or maybe insist on no photo's?

You are an example of that well used phrase, "You can't please all the people".

If it was a PR stunt you can bet that there would have been a lot more of a to-do made about it on his way in. Not after the visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

What an odd way to speak about someone, albeit a fictional someone.

rossc007 wrote: »
    I have to agree with the plot holes and inconsistencies. My biggest grievances are the fact that the prison he was sent to, which was compared to hell, was actually pretty decent. Everyone seemed very civil and some kind bloke even fixed his back.... He wouldnt have lasted 10 minutes in mountjoy.

The prison isnt the same as it was when Bane was there & Talia were there. The League of Shadows dealt "justice" in there. And its known as hell because escape is always visible and an inch within reach with the climb and jump. Theres nothing to stop you but most just cant make it. Having freedom constantly that close would be torture. And the doctor was paid by bane to keep him alive.

Theres been a strange amount of things people are claiming as plot holes that really were explained or easily interpreted. It really is a film people need to watch more then once. A massive amount happened in it and a lot of it seems to have been missed by people.

nix wrote: »
    Seen it twice now and only plot hole i cant fill is how does Blake know Bruce is Batman?

It is a bit stupid alright.

Blake explains that when Bruce turned up to his orphanage one day. he had that same "look" in his eyes that Blake has. Both having lost his parents too. So he knew there was more. He must of been Batman. Thats what the movie tells us.

But by saying that.... doesnt it sound a little stupid? lol. Like ok Blake copped onto he was batman. But Gordon, harvey dent, even selina kyle (etc) having both known bruce wayne and batman didnt twig it? :pac:

But they weren't orphans ;)

It's like an orphan code

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I figured that was it but was hit by the points you brought up, even showing up in a balaclava and flash suite and talking in the non batman voice for once masked and he still didnt cop it, then he mentions something happening like 20+ years ago and he does haha

Anyway, no point in nit picking this, its a gem!

Advertisement