Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - seen thread *SPOILERS WITHIN* See Mod Warning in first post

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

billyhead wrote: »
    Is this film still selling out theartres. I was planning to wait till things quieten down before going to see it i.e where there will be less people and demand at the showing. I am not keen on watching it in a paked out cinema

I went to see it last Saturday in Blanchardstown and there was feck all at it. Although I did go to an early screening at 11:30 a.m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Just came back from the cinema. Thought it was rubbish. Couldn't wait for it to end. Shame really....very disappointed. For me the second film in the trilogy is the only passable one.

Memento will always be Nolan's finest work IMO.

Flame away :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

prefer the original, in the cinema the voice didn't sound like it was coming from bane at all, put the original on the dvd please

I prefer the original but it wouldn't make too much difference to me tbh. Can understand why they changed it. Nolan was in an impossible situation really. Imagine the amount of people that would be bitching if they stuck with the original.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

I didn't get Memento at all. I thought it was worse than Groundhog day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

billyhead wrote: »
    Is this film still selling out theartres. I was planning to wait till things quieten down before going to see it i.e where there will be less people and demand at the showing. I am not keen on watching it in a paked out cinema

I watched it yesterday. 5:30pm showing in the Odeon. it was empty. Only about 20-30 people. Was in a big screen too.

So you're grand to see it anytime from now. Just pick a weekday showing before 6 or 7 pm as thats when it gets really busy. And of course definitely dont watch it on the weekend :P it'll be busy all day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Just came back from the cinema. Thought it was rubbish. Couldn't wait for it to end. Shame really....very disappointed. For me the second film in the trilogy is the only passable one.

Memento will always be Nolan's finest work IMO.

Flame away :D

Thank you, thank you thank you, this means so much

+ 10000000000000000000000000000000000000

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Daveysil15 wrote: »

Now, finally it all makes sense, its a strange strange THICK world we live in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

.movies these of both love actually I

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

naughty-memes-wat-am-i-looking-at.gif

:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,277 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Double thank
    Thank you, thank you thank you, this means so much

+ 10000000000000000000000000000000000000

speaking of Groundhog day :rolleyes:

We get it, you didn't like it, please stop this crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,199 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Some obvious messing about going on but anyway.............

Saw this today for the 2nd time!

The feeling of dread RIGHT before my original viewing was terrible. "What if i've built it up too much? What if im really disappointed?".

Well, I think my desire to want it to be awesome carried me through the first 30-45 minutes where it was all a bit sluggish and drawn out and once Kyle leads Batman into Bane's trap...... that was it! The rest was amazing! And that fight scene has to be one of the best scenes in all 3 movies.

Sure there were lots of flaws, but they don't ruin the movie IMO! They weren't massive flaws like the disaster that was Prometheus!

On my second viewing today, the first 30-45 mins really felt long and I thought I wasn't going to enjoy the movie 2nd time as i did the 1st....... however I was wrong! It stood up REALLY well!

For me, it has lived up to all of the hype and i can't wait for the BluRay so I can watch all 3 movies in a row!

(ps: A lot of the criticisms in this thread are plain stupid! By all means, criticise the movie for a flaw, but don't give out about the movie for something as simple as that you can't suspend your belief for something tiny when watching a movie about a Billionaire vigilante who dresses as a giant bat, that's your problem)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Why did Bane need to fake the Physicists death anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,277 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

So that Bruce would feel more secure about showing Tate/potentially using the reactor without the threat of it being turned into a nuke.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Since when was fanboy more insulting than retarded. Ban me ffs, this is the craziest thread i have ever come across.

If there you have an issue with a post please report it as we can't get to read every post in every thread.

If you have an issue with modding, PM us.

Back on topic please, no more of this nonsense in the thread please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Pomplamousse

I was really disappointed, didn't think it was a patch on The Dark Knight. There wasn't a single 'wow' scene for me, whereas TDK has so many. Found myself a bit bored for some of it too :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Some obvious messing about going on but anyway.............

Saw this today for the 2nd time!

The feeling of dread RIGHT before my original viewing was terrible. "What if i've built it up too much? What if im really disappointed?".

Well, I think my desire to want it to be awesome carried me through the first 30-45 minutes where it was all a bit sluggish and drawn out and once Kyle leads Batman into Bane's trap...... that was it! The rest was amazing! And that fight scene has to be one of the best scenes in all 3 movies.

Sure there were lots of flaws, but they don't ruin the movie IMO! They weren't massive flaws like the disaster that was Prometheus!

On my second viewing today, the first 30-45 mins really felt long and I thought I wasn't going to enjoy the movie 2nd time as i did the 1st....... however I was wrong! It stood up REALLY well!

For me, it has lived up to all of the hype and i can't wait for the BluRay so I can watch all 3 movies in a row!

(ps: A lot of the criticisms in this thread are plain stupid! By all means, criticise the movie for a flaw, but don't give out about the movie for something as simple as that you can't suspend your belief for something tiny when watching a movie about a Billionaire vigilante who dresses as a giant bat, that's your problem)

I was actually thinking earlier that I'd rate them both around the same. Both had huge hype and potential but fell apart for similar reasons imo.

Right I think I'm done with this thread. I've said my 2c. I'm delighted so many people enjoyed it so much, I was unlucky enough not to be one of those.

Grimebox wrote: »
    I was actually thinking earlier that I'd rate them both around the same. Both had huge hype and potential but fell apart for similar reasons imo.

Right I think I'm done with this thread. I've said my 2c. I'm delighted so many people enjoyed it so much, I was unlucky enough not to be one of those.

I completely disagree!

The flaws in Prometheus were HUGE and blatantly stupid! Nowhere near the minor flaws being picked apart here in TDKR!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

just back from my second viewing and must say i was more impressed this time, while i enjoyed it the first time i was busy as **** that day and felt tired and couldn't concentrate in the film, delighted i went again:),

just pure class right up there with to LOTR trilogy,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Just back from my third viewing. Loved it even more this time. Will go again next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I've had a few days to mull the film and the haters posting here. TDK is a good film but not as good as TDK. That said there's plenty of plot holes and inconsistencies and moments that aren't realistic in TDK, which fanboys here are forgetting. Here's a few: http://movieplotholes.com/the-dark-knight.html

Then again TDKR was so hyped it could never live up to everyone's expectations. All in all the three films represent a great trilogy about a man who dresses up as a bat at night.

They're only films FFS.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Saw this tonight , I thought it was class . From reading this thread before the movie, I know silly me. I got the impression that people werent sure if Bruce Waynes lives or dies, there no doubt he lives in the end.

Also how could Blake ever take over from Bruce wayne , he doesnt have the training ncessary, hes only a cop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

silvine wrote: »
    I've had a few days to mull the film and the haters posting here. TDK is a good film but not as good as TDK. That said there's plenty of plot holes and inconsistencies and moments that aren't realistic in TDK, which fanboys here are forgetting. Here's a few: http://movieplotholes.com/the-dark-knight.html

None of those are plotholes. At best, you've got a short list of minor contrivances and artistic license.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OMARS_COMING_

İ thought Gotham looked terrible in thıs,very bland.

I got the impression that people werent sure if Bruce Waynes lives or dies, there no doubt he lives in the end
    i havent read all the thread cause, well you can see why:D, but i think everyone knows wayne is alive i think its just some think it might have been nice to leave a bit of mystery around it, have alfred give a slight nod and then cut to black, somewhat like inception, but then its nice to have closure, and i suppose nolan doesnt want to make mystery a habit,

If that's the biggest criticism you have then you must;ve enjoyed the movie!

yeah it was just new york, its scenery that has been used far far to much in film, the last film i think was shot in chicago, so it looked kind of different, new york just always looks like new york, i think they switched to really convey that they were on an island, blowing the bridges and all that, some sweeping shots were to obvious,

from batman begins
    Gotham_City_Batman_Begins.jpg

rises
    Dark-Knight-Rises-Trailer-005_610.jpg
    the-dark-knight-rises-batman-high-above-gotham-city.jpg

really a minor complaint,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Saw it, loved it, will see it again. 10/10

don ramo wrote: »
    yeah it was just new york, its scenery that has been used far far to much in film, the last film i think was shot in chicago, so it looked kind of different, new york just always looks like new york, i think they switched to really convey that they were on an island, blowing the bridges and all that, some sweeping shots were to obvious,

really a minor complaint,

It was shot in Pittsburgh no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

So what happens now.

Its well known there will be a Justice League movie. With Rises ending its obvious Blake will be Nightwing or even batman (as robin became batman in the comics) in future movies. Makes sense with the justice league movie around the corner. Knowing superman is being rebooted next year.

Question is tho will joseph gordon levitt get his own movie before the league movie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

phasers wrote: »
    The dead guy in the body bag was replacing thr Dr., that's why Bane did the mid air blood transfusion.

The CIA man said that they had called in only one of Bane's men when he was interrogating them, that's what Bane meant when he said 'they expect to find one of us on board'

So tbf it was better thought out than you think it was.

Anyways;

The film was absolutely amazing. I was completely blown away by the entire thing. Bane was a wonderful villian, I thought he'd be really silly when I first heard his voice but damn he was just so well done. The first fight scene between him and Batman was beyond awesome.

Every single character in the film was so well used as well. Loved loved loved Cillian Murphy's little role!

It looked stunning as well, the scenes in the Football Stadium in particular were gorgeous.

One question though: I wonder where Alfred went after he left Wayne Manor? :pac:

I thought the whole thing brought the trilogy to a perfect end. I don't envy whoever takes on Batman's story next.
    Same question :pac: I almost thought the white hair dude in the prison taking care of bruce is Alfred!

And that Alfred sweating his tears scene at the tombstone made me wonder if that happy ending in the end was added later (just because nolan wanted a happy ending!).

Advertisement