Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - seen thread *SPOILERS WITHIN* See Mod Warning in first post

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OMARS_COMING_

MJ23 wrote: »
    I was outside the screen 3 times so missed a couple minutes of the movie,my own fault.

What were you doing going out 3 times? Did you have the scutters or do you have to do an hourly check in with the moth ?

the moth? lol wut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

the moth? lol wut

The lack, the fluff, the woman, the ball and chain

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Saw this tonight , I thought it was class . From reading this thread before the movie, I know silly me. I got the impression that people werent sure if Bruce Waynes lives or dies, there no doubt he lives in the end.

Also how could Blake ever take over from Bruce wayne , he doesnt have the training ncessary, hes only a cop

Can someone explain this to me

Bruce left him a "how to be batman" instructional DVD boxset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The lack, the fluff, the woman, the ball and chain
    [OT] It's "mot", not "moth"! :D [/OT]

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Ellian

silvine wrote: »
    "You're in for a treat tonight, kid!"

As I said, that was as close as TDKR came to that for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

This movie just doesn't make any sense.I'm sorry to be so against it but the entire story is so dis-jointed.There a are many things i either didnt understand or i went to the bathroom and missed the explanation,would anyone here be kind enough to help me understand,i really want to love this movie!
    The answer: Go for a piss before the movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,199 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

"Here, and can sum1 ansur dis for me? Why doesnt Batman get real warm in his suit? And why doesn't he just kill everyone? And why doesn't he just call Superman to help him?"

Seriously lads, it's one thing not liking the movie for it's actual flaws. It's another with the constant stupid questions!

If you feel the need to ask something stupid like "How did Wayne get back to Gotham after escaping the prison" then it's YOU with the problem, not the movie!

e_e wrote: »
    The answer: Go for a piss before the movie.

Who said i went for a piss

MrStuffins wrote: »
    "Here, and can sum1 ansur dis for me? Why doesnt Batman get real warm in his suit? And why doesn't he just kill everyone? And why doesn't he just call Superman to help him?"

Seriously lads, it's one thing not liking the movie for it's actual flaws. It's another with the constant stupid questions!

If you feel the need to ask something stupid like "How did Wayne get back to Gotham after escaping the prison" then it's YOU with the problem, not the movie!

Ok smart arse,you tell us how he got back to gotham then seeming as you have it all figured out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Ok smart arse,you tell us how he got back to gotham then seeming as you have it all figured out.

He's Batman, Im sure he had a few contacts or found a way to get on a flight back to Gotham.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Presumably Bruce Wayne would have many different bank accounts in many different names throughout the world holding slush funds and emergency money.

This would also explain how he planned to live in comfort after he faked his own death.

He was a billionaire after all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,582 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Oh FFS, will everyone please just stop with the sarcasm, hostility and insults? Half tempted to just lock this thread and put it out of its misery. Try and discuss the film like grown-ups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,199 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

It's called not spoon feeding the audience every little detail.

If movie directors started filling in all of those blanks, they would have to show movies in real-time. Considering the plot of TDKR took place over months, that would be a very long movie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

This film was very disappointing. I'm all for willing suspension of disbelief but so many elements just didn't make sense / defied logic.

Fair enough people are explaining ways and reasons certain things happened but I think the story could have been put together a lot better.

This reminded me of the Transformers movies where I think they are happy to churn out rubbish plots / scripts and rely on hype and special effects to sell the film - (obviously works as I saw both in the cinema).

I'd give it 2/5 stars for the action scenes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

TheDoc wrote: »
    I've had like a week to reflect and I think that TDKR nicely closed off the trilogy, and has probably created the Star Wars of our generation imo. A trilogy with no weakness, just really good.

For the love of god I hope that stays being only your opinion!

I think these are just genuine questions about the plot and not people criticising the film. My questions just related to things I missed
    It's called not spoon feeding the audience every little detail.

If movie directors started filling in all of those blanks, they would have to show movies in real-time. Considering the plot of TDKR took place over months, that would be a very long movie!

This movie was spoon fed imo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

The part at the board meeting where Bruce is told to leave, the bald fella with the glasses, who is sitting beside the fella who is in Begins, (in Wayne manor, where he says "the apple has fallen far from the tree"), the bald fella is the same fella at Harvey Dents party who Joker grabs and puts the knife to his mouth. "you remind me of my father" and bald fella says "we're not intimidated by thugs". Its the same fella.

That is Sen. Patrick Leahy. A long-time Batman fanatic.

Link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Grimebox wrote: »
    For the love of god I hope that stays being only your opinion!
    Of course it will, it's not like such a statement can be factually proven or anything. Strange statement.

I massively prefer it to Star Wars personally. I guess you'd take issue with me too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Why didn't Batman use a handbag to defeat Bane, seems to be the weapon of choice in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

krudler wrote: »
    Why didn't Batman use a handbag to defeat Bane, seems to be the weapon of choice in this thread.

He should have.After he made him cry.Also after Talia said "don't kill him" and left,Batman should have told Bane "I hit that,I hit that all night".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

i've never gotten the revolving wheels on the batpod bike, you got a glimpse the 2nd film but lots of it in this one and still can't figure how the wheels revolve with the arms on one side and the guns and stuff

I wondered that myself initially but have since come to the conclusion(to be confirmed on a 2nd viewing) that the front wheel doesn't roll sideways at all only the back one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Well, I have been to see this 5 times now (and another tomorrow, with an IMAX viewing in London on the 10th of August) and have loved every showing of it. I've read 90% of the 60+ pages and the nit picking is just beyond a joke! Personally, if I was that irritated by a film, I wouldn't bother writing anything about or waste my time by doing so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I think someone got it bang on comparing it to the Star Wars trilogy. Regardless of what you think are flaws, you'd be hard pushed to reasonably argue that any offering in this franchise is of a poor standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

So did Bane and Talia have the backing of the LoS or were they on their own?

In BB the LoS did seemed to be on a mission to restore order which Banes plan would go against but did Talia take over from Ra's?
    The loyalty of Banes army would suggest them being far more than the "mercenaries" mentioned at the start.

I thought it was strange that they were both perfectly happy to die in the fusion blast too, you'd think they would have future evil plans together once batman was out of the way, her fathers work completed and death avenged!

Oh and I loved the flashback shots, they looked absolutely beautiful on the big screen, particularly the shots of Dent. Wally Pfister is a master of his trade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

stakey wrote: »
    They're in it, they're just not really featured heavily.

See http://i45.tinypic.com/r74rhi.png

Perhaps Gotham City Council are taking their time with repairs. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

In BB the LoS did seemed to be on a mission to restore order which Banes plan would go against but did Talia take over from Ra's?
    The loyalty of Banes army would suggest them being far more than the "mercenaries" mentioned at the start.

I thought it was strange that they were both perfectly happy to die in the fusion blast too, you'd think they would have future evil plans together once batman was out of the way, her fathers work completed and death avenged!

They are the LoS. Well Talia was leader and Bane her general.
    LoS werent there to restore order. They were there to deal out their own brand of justice. In gothams case it was beyond saving to them so needed to be destroyed instead.

They were willing to die but Talia was going to leave gotham before it went off. Bane was willing to stay because she told him to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

saw it last night and loved every minute of it.
    I was dreading anne hathaway as catwoman but she was very very good.
    A great end to the trilogy.
    Pity Nolan is finished with it now as I would watch as long as he kept making them..
    I know it would just become rediculous but its a shame none the less.
    Will another director have the balls touch it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

My opinion is that they weren't the LoS. They used to be, but the LoS died out in the first film, with Ra's. That's why their methods were so different in the latest film. In BB they were going to just let the city tear itself apart as a symbol that their decadence has caused their end, and then the LoS would move on to planning their next target.

In TDKR, Talia seemed more obsessed with getting revenge on Bruce and on Gotham. Gotham had proven her father wrong by having 8 years of an almost reformed society. So Talia wanted to punish Gotham and it's protector for this and for her father's death. They weren't simply trying to destroy Gotham, they were punishing the city and making them suffer. They were willing to die in the explosion because they had no other purpose in life other than this revenge. Ra's, in the first film, didn't seem willing to die at all. He was masterminding the plan and once it was fully executed, he'd go on to the next society.

I never got the impression that Bane's crew were highly trained, just brainwashed followers. LOS they weren't.

Bane's eagerness to execute Ra's' plans for Gotham seemed like the rejected son trying to prove himself by defeating Ra's' chosen one (Bruce), while Talia's motivation were born out of revenge (she hated Ra's for rejecting Bane but that changed when he was 'murdered' by Bruce).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Who were Bane's crew?

Advertisement