Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - seen thread *SPOILERS WITHIN* See Mod Warning in first post

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Turpentine wrote: »
    Great maybe you'll know:

Who's the (un)lucky corpse in Bruce Wayne's grave?

THe city was sealed off for months. They could have just spun a story about him dying in one of the many many bombs that went off at the start of the occupation or some other story, it doesn't matter really. Just because there's a headstone doesn't mean there's necessarily anything buried there.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Oscorp wrote: »
    Not sure if serious, but I highly doubt they expected to recover the corpse of the bloke they thought was blown up by a neutron bomb that detonated a few dozen feet beneath him.

Well, I see where Turpentine is coming from in that regard, they didn't make it public that Bruce was Batman, that would have defeated the purpose of Blake taking over.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Great maybe you'll know:

Who's the (un)lucky corpse in Bruce Wayne's grave?

You're missing the most important questions.

Who dug the grave? Who made the headstone? Where did they buy the coffin? How did Alfred actually get from wherever it was he was all the way to Wayne Manor?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I really appreciated the fight scene MUCH more second time around.

Bane is in colntrol the entire time. Bale plays it suberbly IMO. You can feel his frustration building and building from your cinema seat.

When he lets out that shout in frustration you it's almost like you experience the frustration yourself.

The taunts were awesome but when the lights go out and Bane starts to explains "You only adopted the dark..... I was born in it", that's when it's at it's most sinister!

Amazing stuff!

its Bane's movements that make it, I loved the bit when he picks up Batman by the neck and marches him across the room,and how he stomps up the stairs as Bats is composing himself before he gets pissed off and starts lashing out. the lack of music make it so much more compelling. I do wish he'd beaten him some other way than just another fistfight though the 2nd fight is nowhere near as intense.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Turpentine

You're missing the most important questions.

Who dug the grave? Who made the headstone? Where did they buy the coffin? How did Alfred actually get from wherever it was he was all the way to Wayne Manor?

Now you're just being silly MrSuffins.

• Advertisement

Now you're just being silly MrSuffins.

Well you started it in fairness!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Just watched Batman Begins again for comparison, makes TDKR look like a pile of s***e, infinitely more enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,204 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I seen it today for the second time, I'd built it up so much after loving it the first time it didn't have the same impact though. I think the 2nd fight took on far more significance when I watched it again. In the bright of the day, white snow falling, it symbolises that the Dark Knight has finally become Gotham's White Knight and I really thought it was a beautiful scene. I was too preoccupied with the fight the first time I watched it.

The pacing really stood out a lot more the 2nd time and that is the movies big deficiency imo, the way time passes isn't accurately portrayed to the audience.

The bomb timer was a bit ridiculous at times too. When Talia leaves Bruce with Bane the timer is at 11:30 or something she walks outside and gets into the tumbler, shoots a few people, floods the chamber, catches up with the bomb and the timer is at like 11:00 or something, then like 2 minutes later it's at 5 minutes. Kinda took me out of the scene the second time...

what bugged me about Talia's plan was:

a. Bruce didn't murder her father, he just didnt save him from the train.

b. the reason the LOS wanted to destroy Gotham in Begins was it was a haven for criminals and corruption. now its not, thanks to who? fcuking Batman!

krudler wrote: »

Unless she'd actually seen the movie, she's not to know this!
    b. the reason the LOS wanted to destroy Gotham in Begins was it was a haven for criminals and corruption. now its not, thanks to who? fcuking Batman!

All based on a lie!

• Advertisement

Ah but she hears Daddy's dead and it was Batman who hopped out of the monorail 5 seconds before she's going to assume he did kill Ra's.

Gotham's only ok at the start of TDKR based on a lie and if Gordon makes his speech at the start and everyone finds out about the Dent lie and Batman isn't there/in the condition to save the day again then it's back to how it was in Begins and must be purged in the LoS's eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Finally saw it today. Great movie. Sad that Heath Ledger wasn't alive, i'd like to know what sort of role he would have played. Since all the other past villians had some sort of reference in it, it seemed kind've strange. Even a cameo would have been nice, or his name mentioned.

That being said, Bane was great but he sounded a little bit like Sean Connery. I just picture James Bond behind the mask :D. But I wondering something about Bane as well. Was he actually intelligent in the movie like he is in the comic book, or was he just a pawn doing Talia Al Gul's bidding while she was the real mastermind. Hard to say, but nontheless was a badass. However The Joker will always be the best villian of the trillogy, IMO:D.

As for the swerve where Miranda Tate reveals herself to be Talia. First off, very James Bondish if I might say. Usually a woman get's close to Bond in the movies but is revealed to be a villian all along. Same happened to Batman. Secondly, I kind've thought something was fishy about orgin part of the movie and deduced it was Talia. Early in the movie, Bane says he did not see the light until he was a grown man. However the kid escaped the prison and everyone thought it was Bane, that should've been the first clue. Secondly Talia had a scar on her back that was shown during her love scene with Bruce, I thought it was quite interesting at first and immediately became suspicious from there. Then finally, Batman refers to Bane as Ra Al Ghul's son. But in the comics he has a daughter. Assuming the movie reference to comic as well, it made sense.

Also I think Bruce Wayne was still alive at the end. I heard some people say that Alfred might have been imagining it, but if Selena Kyle was with him, then he couldn't have because he doesn't really know her, or her connection to Bruce. At least not during the ending of the film since he disappeared.

All based on a lie!

She wouldnt have known that either unless she'd seen TDK :pac:

She wouldnt have known that either unless she'd seen TDK :pac:

Nope.

PLENTY of people knew Harvey Dent had gone bad. It just wasn't revealed to the general public.

The Bane "not seeing the light until he was a man" thing didnt really get a resolution either, since we assume up until the reveal about Talia that he's the kid it makes sense, after that its not mentioned again so he has a different origin story than the whole climbing the pit thing thats never given.

Nope.

PLENTY of people knew Harvey Dent had gone bad. It just wasn't revealed to the general public.

I'm joking, not many people outside the police force would know though, I imagine Gordon tried to keep it as under wraps as he could, he knows, his wife and kid does. probably some of the mob guys in the aftermath of the Maroni thing, that latina cop did but I cant remember if she dies or not in TDK.

Something that I noticed second time around was that it's constantly said that Bane got his injuries in the pit but the scene with the child escaping before the reveal the child has no facial injuries. The reveal was made somewhat before Talia's stabbing of Batman which is something I only really picked up on second time, though I think I remember it confusing me first time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Bane being born in the pit and not seeing the light until he was a man is true. The only thing that wasn't was that he escaped. Nobody ever said that the child who escaped and Bane were the same person. Bruce just assumed that to be the case when he heard the child was born there. The fact that Bane told him he didn't see the light until he was a man is an early hint he wasn't the one who escaped. Bane didn't leave the pit until the LOS arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

How does Bane eat or drink?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,970 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Why does a knee brace make batman's foot indestructible so as to allow him to kick through a brick pillar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

allanb49 wrote: »
    How does Bane eat or drink?

He absorbs nutrients through his skin.

Overheal wrote: »
    Why does a knee brace make batman's foot indestructible so as to allow him to kick through a brick pillar?

From what I remember, he only cracked one brick with his kick. Not an entire pillar. And in fairness, people have been breaking bricks and blocks with their fists, heads and feet for hundreds of years.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Hey, if this guy can do it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

What's Bane's motivation? Who were Bane's crew and why are they willing to give up their lives for his cause?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Slightly off topic but....

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but....

It is quite excellent, but sadly, that's not Mark Hamill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Quick question. remember at the beginning when Bane is aboard the C.I.A plane?
    Just before he crashes he takes some of the Doctor's blood and gives it to a man in a bodybag.

Who is the guy in the bag? :confused:

Grimebox wrote: »
    What's Bane's motivation?

Presumably to help the woman he loves fulfill her plan of revenge.
    Who were Bane's crew

Hired goons, other mercenaries... I think at an early point during Bruce's recovery Alfred says that he's done some background check on Bane. Bane had led some sort of military coup or uprising somewhere in Africa. From that you would think the men he's surrounded himself with would be mercenaries or former soldiers.
    and why are they willing to give up their lives for his cause?

Loyalty. One would imagine fear of death being one of the motivators for said loyalty. Not to mention the fact the sheer size of him would inspire awe among his followers.

Brendog wrote: »
    Quick question. remember at the beginning when Bane is aboard the C.I.A plane?
    Just before he crashes he takes some of the Doctor's blood and gives it to a man in a bodybag.

Who is the guy in the bag? :confused:

Some random John Doe that they're filling up with blood to make it look like the good Doc had died. Shows the level of intellect that Bane has to ensure there are no loose ends in the unlikely event of a body still being somewhat identified through bloodwork after the crash.

The bullet holes in the CIA guards however would be slightly suspicious :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Some random John Doe that they're filling up with blood to make it look like the good Doc had died. Shows the level of intellect that Bane has to ensure there are no loose ends in the unlikely event of a body still being somewhat identified through bloodwork after the crash.

The bullet holes in the CIA guards however would be slightly suspicious :p

Never thought of that. Very clever! Although, Bane never wanted the attack to be covered up. Sure he even makes one of his own men stay behind,
    "No brother! They will be expecting to pull one of us from the wreckage."

Also loved how all his men were absolutely terrified of him. Made his character all the more terrifying.

Advertisement