Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - seen thread *SPOILERS WITHIN* See Mod Warning in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

aaronh007 wrote: »
    It is quite excellent, but sadly, that's not Mark Hamill.

Yeah proberly, I suspect it's the same guy who did this video as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I really do hope there is a 3+ hour extended/directors cut blu-ray that fills in alot of the holes and fleshes some aspects like:

• What happened to Bruce directly after TDK, the 8 years, his injury etc
    • A better story for Robin knowing Bruce is Batman (It would have been nice if this was tied back to the earlier films, like robin was the kid he gives the periscope to in BB)

I think it is safe to assume he picked up his leg injury at the end of The Dark Knight. He have a bad fall from about three storeys and hit something on the way down. He was limping at the end of the film as he tried to get back to the Batpod.

Also I am so glad they didn't make John Blake that kid from Batman Begins. It would have felt a bit too much like a big co-incidence and the age of Blake wouldn't match up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Loved the film even liked Anne Hathaway in a movie :eek:

Damn you Nolan you are brilliant!

One thing that bothered me was at the end with John Blake and they said
    his first name was Robin????
    surely
    his name should of been Tim Drake it would of fitted perfectly instead what was said just annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I don't know if this has been put up already but....it is freakishly close to the voice of the joker...

Edit: I am aware I am a film behind by the way....

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

"You wanna know how I got this career?"

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

"You wanna know how I got these scarves?"

:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Pantsface

Nolan made Batman sexy, bad, and very fanciable.

He gets top marks from me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Pantsface

Nolan also had me rooting for bad guys too, the joker, 2face & bane

:eek: ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Loved the film even liked Anne Hathaway in a movie :eek:

Damn you Nolan you are brilliant!

surely
    his name should of been Tim Drake it would of fitted perfectly instead what was said just annoys me.

Probably didn't want to make it too obvious that John Blake would become robin. Besides if he was going to name him then why wouldn't he name him after the orginal Robin Dick Grayson.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

I watched this on an iMax screen in Calafornia.
    It was the first time I'd seen anything on iMax. Holey Jasyus.

Before the film started there was a display on how the IMAX screen works, with the perforated screen, a display of the how large the viewing area was & my favourite a backlight view of each speaker behind the screen with an arrow on the screen popping up to show where it was and you could actually see the speaker unit through the perforated screen.

The shot with Batman standing on the aerial structure in the daylight was literally breathtaking.

Also, US audiences can be a bit annoying, but here they completely added to the experience. When Wayne climbed the pit, the entire crowd went "bat****" crazy ;) Loved it.

As for IMAX, It could have been "Big Mommas House," and I'd have been amazed & went straight back in for seconds.

Best cinema experience of my life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,973 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Id prefer to know how they reacted when the batpod made its entrance in the tunnel during the stock heist

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Grembollino

Id give it three out of five stars. OK, but nothing great. Similar, and with similar flaws to the Dark Knight. Batman Begins I enjoyed the most of Nolans trio.
    TDKR was too long, with the long context setting intro with no Batman too dull and overdoing the 'dark' and 'tortured' Bruce Wayne. And even that was after the preamble on the plane - looked good, but used up all the introductory scene time a movie like this should have. Far too much time lost in the prison with Tom Conti. Even the core of the movie lacked both soul or charm, and its heaviness didnt even allow you to enjoy it as a rollercoaster ride blockbuster popcorn movie. The only smile it brought to my face was the very final scene with Michael Cane nodding over his Fernet Branca (shamless Bond style product placement notwithstanding) - but then Nolan spoils it by showing us the happy couple. Much better to have just stopped with the suggestion.

Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Probably didn't want to make it too obvious that John Blake would become robin. Besides if he was going to name him then why wouldn't he name him after the orginal Robin Dick Grayson.
    Just because his back story would fit better then Graysons.

Actualy Jason Todd would of fit in even better.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jame Gumb

But when does he join the circus?

And where's Batgirl?

And does Batman still have his Bat American Express?

And where are the nipples on the Batsuit gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

I think it is safe to assume he picked up his leg injury at the end of The Dark Knight. He have a bad fall from about three storeys and hit something on the way down. He was limping at the end of the film as he tried to get back to the Batpod.

Also I am so glad they didn't make John Blake that kid from Batman Begins. It would have felt a bit too much like a big co-incidence and the age of Blake wouldn't match up.
    Hmmm, I remember that bit now but its had 8 years to heal with access to the best doctors and it only takes a few months for his back to be perfect again.

Maybe not that exact example but I did like the flashback to Ra's in BB talking about his wife and child, I've never read the comics so it mean't nothing to me until explained in TDKR.

Young Robin could have seen Alfred pick up Batman after he gets poisoned by Scarecrow or something, just about ANYTHING would be better than the "I just knew" BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Young Robin could have seen Alfred pick up Batman after he gets poisoned by Scarecrow or something, just about ANYTHING would be better than the "I just knew" BS.

The I knew thing works perfectly.....Batman isn't known as 'The Worlds Greatest Detective' for the fun of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I really do hope there is a 3+ hour extended/directors cut blu-ray that fills in alot of the holes and fleshes some aspects like:

snip

Unlikely to happen. I was listening to an interview Nolan did with Empire in which he seemed to pride himself on shooting as efficiently as possible so that very little ends up on the cutting floor.

Are you listening Peter Jackson?

Turtyturd wrote: »
    The I knew thing works perfectly.....Batman isn't known as 'The Worlds Greatest Detective' for the fun of it.

It makes every other character look like complete idiots for not figuring it out as easily; Rachel, Dent, Catwoman, Gordon, Joker and lets not forget all of Gotham city police & the crime gangs who were hunting him never figured it out but little old Robin met Bruce Wayne ONCE as a kid and is 100% sure!
    Even the worlds greatest detective needs some sort of evidence*

*unless of course he's a physic detective :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

You can't argue with the Laws of Physics

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

It makes every other character look like complete idiots for not figuring it out as easily; Rachel, Dent, Catwoman, Gordon, Joker and lets not forget all of Gotham city police & the crime gangs who were hunting him never figured it out but little old Robin met Bruce Wayne ONCE as a kid and is 100% sure!
    Even the worlds greatest detective needs some sort of evidence*

Or you could choose to look at it from the point of view that Blake was able to figure it out when the others couldn't thus proving himself to be the right person to take up the Batman mantle.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Or you could choose to look at it from the point of view that Blake was able to figure it out when the others couldn't thus proving himself to be the right person to take up the Batman mantle.

Agreed. Even apart from that I think Blake explained pretty well why he sussed it tbh. None of the others could empathise with Bruce to the level he could, they essentially went through the same thing except he became a cop rather than a vigilante (at first anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

surely

Because, although he respects the source material, Nolan obviously wasn't scared to make it his own world and create new characters completely (Rachel Dawes being another one). I think the Robin thing worked brilliantly. He didn't fuck with Batman's origin but he did what he wanted with Robin's. Great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

one thing I would have loved to have seen was Crane blast someone with the fear gas (I assume he still has it) while Bane was around, remember how crazy Batman looked to him in Begins.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

krudler wrote: »
    one thing I would have loved to have seen was Crane blast someone with the fear gas (I assume he still has it) while Bane was around, remember how crazy Batman looked to him in Begins.

Anyone else think the statue at the end of TDKR looked really like how Crane saw Batman under the poison gas?

I saw this for the second time lastnight, mentioning the gas there just reminded me. During bane and Batman's second punch up did anyone else notice how bane seemed to get a bit sped up when Batmans broke his mask? Its like whatever the mask was giving him, the dosage got upped or something and he gets amped and starts moving unnaturally quick for a few seconds. Its when he smashes the pillar with his fists.

I though it was a nice little nod to the venom from the books, that is if in fact I wasn't seeing things. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Anyone else think the statue at the end of TDKR looked really like how Crane saw Batman under the poison gas?

Yes! looks exactly like when he's threatening Crane and looks like a demon or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,973 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Hey, the bum in Batman Begins figured it out:

Batman: "....Nice coat" /whooosh
    Bum: "...Thanks."

Since were talking about the Nolan movies you could also say his lack of fighting skills make him unworthy of the Batman mantle, Bruce Wayne is more John McClane than Sherlock Holmes!

Anyway I still say it stinks of poor writing and deus ex machina (thats latin for "pulls it out of his ass") :D

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I saw this for the second time lastnight, mentioning the gas there just reminded me. During bane and Batman's second punch up did anyone else notice how bane seemed to get a bit sped up when Batmans broke his mask? Its like whatever the mask was giving him, the dosage got upped or something and he gets amped and starts moving unnaturally quick for a few seconds. Its when he smashes the pillar with his fists.

I though it was a nice little nod to the venom from the books, that is if in fact I wasn't seeing things. :)

I dunno, I was thinking that was more with him getting frustrated and also trying to fight the pain

• Advertisement

I dunno, I was thinking that was more with him getting frustrated and also trying to fight the pain

Yea the first time I saw it I thought the same, but he almost looked like he was in fast forward to me the second time around. As I said though, I wasn't sure and you could very well be right.

Advertisement