Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - seen thread *SPOILERS WITHIN* See Mod Warning in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

WatchWolf wrote: »
    Would I be allowed to post the screenplay for it here?

I hope so, I'd read a bit of that...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

WatchWolf wrote: »
    Would I be allowed to post the screenplay for it here?

Of course, fire away!

I'm reading through it myself at the moment. It's remarkable how tightly written Nolan's scripts are. He does most of the editing at the script stage, which is why there's so few deleted scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

al28283 wrote: »
    why would you do that:confused:

cos people like to read screenplays? I have a few of them and its cool to see little things that changed on set or how the characters are written.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

krudler wrote: »
    cos people like to read screenplays? I have a few of them and its cool to see little things that changed on set or how the characters are written.

well beter to post a link to it than the whole thing, this thread is long enough already

• Registered Users Posts: 19,204 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

al28283 wrote: »
    well beter to post a link to it than the whole thing, this thread is long enough already

Thanks, I'm sure he would have posted every page of the screenplay if not for this warning :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Here's the link to the script:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ey2ck3kkiv71x55

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭WatchWolf

Ah, I was just about to post the link.

It's more obvious, in the script, that Bruce wasn't in The Bat and that it was on autopilot. There is no reference to closeups of Batman's face, it just described The Bat flying out to sea and then the nuclear explosion.

A well-articulated article on 'plot holes' and nitpicking: http://www.avclub.com/articles/plot-holes-and-politics-do-you-need-an-airtight-re,83219/

Makes some excellent points. I've never placed much value on plot-related criticism, but as that article points out, they are actually a very clever way of getting around the subjectivity of film opinion.

From the link:
    Matters of aesthetics and taste are hard to dispute, but the logic behind a movie character’s master plan can be argued with some measure of conclusiveness [...] “Hey, idiot, how can this movie possibly be an A when that one guy fired seven shots from a six-shot pistol?” [...] Viewers who praise movies with logical inconsistencies—or movies that appear to some to be espousing socially regressive viewpoints—are forced into defensive postures, asked to answer for mistakes that they may not actually care about.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

A friend of mine on facebook saying they didn't like the movie because of something about a book in the first scene between Lucious and Bruce at the office:
    "There are about 3 shots during the conversation showing Bruce Wayne. On chair bedide him there is a book. The last time it flashes to him the book has turned around! Alakazaam and all that!"
    Whatever about nitpicking but that took the biscuit! ITs not like there isn't genuine flaws with the film that you could critique ffs. /rant :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

When Bruce is examining the safe, it's open. the camera goes to Alfred and back to Bruce and the safe is closed, back to Alfred and back to Bruce, the safe is open!

At that point I stormed out in a rage and demanded a refund! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I can't stand the nitpickers. It makes my arguments for finding it average seem illegitimate

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

I went to see this with my two boys today aged 8 and 10. When I seen the runtime for the film I was worried about the attention span of my younger son.

Im happy to say that the three of us barely noticed the time go by, we absolutely loved it. Having seen the previous two films I thought this was a fitting end for the trilogy and not one character was wasted.

Take it for what it is folks, an extremely well made film as part of the best trilogy of its type:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

When Batman is talking to Selina on the roof,gets distracted and looks back to see she is gone and says "so that's what that feels like", why does he say it in his Batman voice?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

When Batman is talking to Selina on the roof,gets distracted and looks back to see she is gone and says "so that's what that feels like", why does he say it in his Batman voice?

I always assumed he just had some kind of voice changing device in his mask.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,686 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Because he's not Bruce when he's in the suit. He's Batman. And he just naturally speaks in that voice when he's in the suit. Remember, Bruce Wayne is the costume and Batman is who he really is, so even though it might not be his natural voice, when he's in the suit he is completely Batman.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

When he's in the batsuit is used to speaking in that voice, it's a habit he sticks to in case he accidentally gives away his Bruce Wayne voice. That's my take on it anyway, perhaps it helps keep him in batman mode mentally too.

The suit has a microphone/voice changer thing in the neck, so if he has the cowl on it makes him sound like that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

He speaks like that when talking to Lucius Fox at the end of the Dark Knight as well. Just staying in character.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

This pic is on my hard drive but dont know how to display it - only attach it...any help?

Anyway, it's very funny...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

There you go buddy!

215642.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

That bit made me sigh it was so dumbed down.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Penn wrote: »
    Because he's not Bruce when he's in the suit. He's Batman. And he just naturally speaks in that voice when he's in the suit. Remember, Bruce Wayne is the costume and Batman is who he really is, so even though it might not be his natural voice, when he's in the suit he is completely Batman.

It's the same in the animated series too, his voice is different depending whether he's being Wayne or Batman.

There's a great bit in Batman Beyond, the plot involved Wayne starting to hear voices in his head telling him to do stuff. Might have been Return of the Joker even.
    At the end where McGuinness asks him how was he so sure he wasn't going crazy and the voices weren't his. Bruce just turns to him, smiles and says "In my head I don't call myself Bruce".
    :D
    That bit made me sigh it was so dumbed down.

How do you mean? Humour does not equal dumbing down imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

536837_10151115681045874_437238767_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

When Bruce goes to see Gordon in the hospital why does he NOT do the batman voice?

When Bruce goes to see Gordon in the hospital why does he NOT do the batman voice?

The other posts pretty much answered that too. He's not dressed as Batman. Batman is still out of comission at that point in the film.

"The microphones in the ears are combined with special earpieces in the cowl that give Batman superior hearing in the field. The microphones can also be used to amplify Batman's voice and broadcast it through a discreet speaker in the suit. This is what gives Batman's voice that distinctive, disembodied and unearthly sound."

Batsuit- voice changer

It's not the full growling voice he uses while in the suit, but it's the same low voice that he used when talking to Gordon in his office in Begins and to the tied up police officers in TDK. So even without a technical explanation, it is consistent with how he spoke in the previous films when not in the suit.

There several levels to Bale's Batman voice. It's not like Keaton who just whispered all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

Who/what are you quoting al?

• Advertisement

It was in the official production notes for Batman Begins as well.
    In the film, the cowl boasts many features that make it a practical tool as well as an intimidating disguise – crafted with an impact-resistant graphite-composite exterior, there’s a Kevlar panel that shields Batman’s head from small caliber weapons fire; high-gain stereo microphones are concealed in the ears, allowing Batman to eavesdrop on distant conversations through walls or magnify his voice to formidable volume via a hidden loudspeaker; and a radio antenna in the earpiece that allows him to monitor police band and emergency response channels.

You can read them here:

http://hollywoodjesus.com/movie/batman_begins/notes.pdf

Advertisement