Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - seen thread *SPOILERS WITHIN* See Mod Warning in first post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

When Daggett talks about the device Selina is looking for, he does it in a sarcastic and mocking way. I mean he doesn't even explain how exactly the device works so how anyone can describe this as talking down to the audience is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I get that the scores between the three Batman movies would carry alot of similarities, but even between different films, his scores as horribly similar.
    Watch Gladiator or Pirates of the Caribbean and you'll see what I mean.

oh totally,Zimmer's stuff has a definite sound to it, same as John Williams or James Horner, who all replicate older stuff as well, Horner is notorious for it. I love Zimmer's working the Batman movies though, his theme for the Joker is utter madness but it works so well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Saw it today, Vue in Liffey Valley

No need to see Wayne in the cafe, just a subtle nod from Alfred and end it right there.

But apart from that, liked it a lot

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,727 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I had a much bigger problem in the last film with Batman leaving the Joker alone with a room full of victims than anything in this. This thread is starting to get ridiculous.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

I had a much bigger problem in the last film with Batman leaving the Joker alone with a room full of victims than anything in this. This thread is starting to get ridiculous.

pointing out flaws in a movie you happen to like is hardlt ridiculous

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,727 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

But it's all the posts are about now.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

But it's all the posts are about now.

They are mainly coming from the same two posters though, at least one of which didn't pay much attention to the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

The Dark Knight Rises’ deleted scenes and concept art explain Bane’s backstory

We got to see a little bit of Bane’s backstory in The Dark Knight Rises, but according to costume designer Lindy Hemming, there was even more footage shot that never made it into the movie. Hemming, who still hasn’t seen the final cut of The Dark Knight Rises, talked about some of the deleted scenes involving Bane’s backstory in a recent interview with GQ:

The thing that you should have seen during that sequence is [Bane] being injured in his youth. So one of the fundamental things about his costume is that he has this scar from the back injury. Even if he hasn’t got the bulletproof vest on, he still has to wear the waist belt and the braces. In that scene in the prison, where he’s learning to fight the same way Batman learned to fight, he’s wearing an early version of his waist belt. It’s showing support, but it’s not the finished one he eventually wears. He’s also wearing an early version of his gas mask, all glued together … If you look at the film, unless they’ve cut it—and I’m sure they haven’t—there’s a whole early section for Tom Hardy where he’s fighting and being taunted by people. He’s got chains on him, and he’s standing on a wooden thing while people are attacking him. And in that scene, he’s wearing a much more ragged, primitive version of the mask.

When told that the scene didn’t make it into the final cut, Hemming added:

Well that’s an awful shame, but I suppose you have to cut things. I won’t elaborate on it too much, because it isn’t in the film, but there was another section that showed you why he had the mask and where it came from.

Concept artist Sebastian Lochmann shared some early designs of Bane’s back scarring but the scars ended up being much less severe in actual movie (unlike Bruce Wayne’s punishment, which was more serve).

Read more: http://batman-news.com/2012/08/07/the-dark-knight-rises-deleted-scenes-and-concept-art-explain-banes-backstory/#ixzz22tABmkaf

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The scene she's referring to is a very brief moment in the script and seems to have been one of the few things cut. It's a flashback that happens during the Talia/Bane/Batman scene at the end.
    INT. TEMPLE, LEAGUE OF SHADOWS - DAY

Bane in a prototype mask, stands on logs, blocking blows
    from men with sticks.

TALIA (V.O.)
    But my father could not accept Bane.

Ra’s al Ghul watches Bane training. Turns away.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

He doesn't have any braces on in the scene where Gordon is captured does he?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

The scene she's referring to is a very brief moment in the script and seems to have been one of the few things cut. It's a flashback that happens during the Talia/Bane/Batman scene at the end.

The bit where Ra turns away is in the movie, so it was only the fight that was cut out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

al28283 wrote: »
    pointing out flaws in a movie you happen to like is hardlt ridiculous
    If you're gonna complain about such things at least be consistent with the entire trilogy. People are quick to dwell on a load of insubstantial stuff here yet nobody seems to complain about the same tiny details in TDK and Batman Begins too. You know why? Because it doesn't matter and those films have still aged well since, same will happen with TDKR.

If the biggest problem in 165 action epic is that it's missing a shot of the main character getting back home or a bunch of cops not having beards, well that must be a pretty fine movie by my estimation.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

tok9 wrote: »
    The bit where Ra turns away is in the movie, so it was only the fight that was cut out.

Was that definitely new footage though? It seemed like it might have been a re-used shot from Begins.

e_e wrote: »
    If you're gonna complain about such things at least be consistent with the entire trilogy. People are quick to dwell on a load of insubstantial stuff here yet nobody seems to complain about the same tiny details in TDK and Batman Begins too. You know why? Because it doesn't matter and those films have still aged well since, same will happen with TDKR.

If the biggest problem in 165 action epic is that it's missing a shot of the main character getting back home or a bunch of cops not having beards, well that must be a pretty fine movie by my estimation.

So why do you think there are so many complaints about this movie and not the first two?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,204 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

So why do you think there are so many complaints about this movie and not the first two?

Because not as many people went to see the other 2 and there wasn't nearly as much hype. A lot of people who wouldn't normally go to comic book movies went to this and as such, most of the complaints are of niggly things that aren't important to the story but affect the literal realism of the story. Begins grossed less than half of TDK and TDK though plenty of people went to see it immediately it was a bit of a sleeper with many seeing it a couple of weeks after it came out. It was mainly Batman or comic fans going to see it on release.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Liam O wrote: »
    Because not as many people went to see the other 2 and there wasn't nearly as much hype. A lot of people who wouldn't normally go to comic book movies went to this and as such, most of the complaints are of niggly things that aren't important to the story but affect the literal realism of the story. Begins grossed less than half of TDK and TDK though plenty of people went to see it immediately it was a bit of a sleeper with many seeing it a couple of weeks after it came out. It was mainly Batman or comic fans going to see it on release.

TDK grossed over a billion dollars worldwide. There was a helluva lot of hype since Heath Ledger died before it was released. This and word of mouth on how brillant it was caused people to flock to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

TDK grossed over a billion dollars worldwide. There was a helluva lot of hype since Heath Ledger died before it was released. This and word of mouth on how brillant it was caused people to flock to see it.

Yep why I went to see TDK when it first came out. I usually wait until movies come out on DVD to see them, but I made an exception for this because of all the great stuff I heard. Of course TDK has change my opinions on movie going now and i've actually gone to see more movies in the cinema since then which includes this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Was that definitely new footage though? It seemed like it might have been a re-used shot from Begins.

I couldn't be certain but it still holds the same effect

• Registered Users Posts: 19,204 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I'd still say a lot of people went based on word of mouth after it came out, more than with a lot of other blockbusters.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    They are mainly coming from the same two posters though, at least one of which didn't pay much attention to the film.

Fair point.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

There are obviously complaints about both of the previous movies and interesting to note that TDKR is generally rated higher than Batman Begins by both audiences and critics, and it's not like The Dark Knight doesn't have its share of naysayers either. I just find it odd that those who say what a massive disappointment this was seemed to be watching it in some hyper critical and negative state. I just hope never to watch a movie with anyone who is so resistant to letting the film just wash over them and feel the need to poke at it all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Watched it again last night in IMAX, did anyone spot what Bruce Wayne did after he got out of the car and walked in to the fund raiser.

One second all of the paparazzi cameras are flashing away then he presses a button and all the cameras are dead. Presumably he had a mini EMP device with a very short range.

juan.kerr wrote: »
    Watched it again last night in IMAX, did anyone spot what Bruce Wayne did after he got out of the car and walked in to the fund raiser.

One second all of the paparazzi cameras are flashing away then he presses a button and all the cameras are dead. Presumably he had a mini EMP device with a very short range.

yeah was a nice setup to the bigger version he has in the chase later, funny little moment too. that chase is still my favourite moment of the film "oh are you into for a show tonight son!" loved it the first time, saw it the second time and had a massive grin on my face coming up to it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 44 YoungTrouble

I didn't like Batmans death at the end and then the Inception-like ending.Still,not bad.

I didn't like Batmans death at the end and then the Inception-like ending.Still,not bad.

He doesnt die, its not a dream. jesus!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

krudler wrote: »
    yeah was a nice setup to the bigger version he has in the chase later, funny little moment too. that chase is still my favourite moment of the film "oh are you into for a show tonight son!" loved it the first time, saw it the second time and had a massive grin on my face coming up to it.

Definitely the best moment in the movie for me also. Its focused so much on the stock robbery and the police you almost forget about the hero. Then the tunnel plunges into darkness, the confusion, the familiar score is played, the sound of a flapping cape and then BATMAN!! we see if just as we saw him last, tearing down the road in the Bat-Pod.

Hair stands on end at that moment.

There was nothing Inception-like about it.

The ending was left open for a reason.Nolan himself has said this.

The ending was left open for a reason.Nolan himself has said this.

No, no he hasn't

• Advertisement

Look mate do a bit of research,will you?

Advertisement