Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - seen thread *SPOILERS WITHIN* See Mod Warning in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭fruvai

Was Tom Hardy's torso digitally-enhanced in this film?

Before people jump down my throat, I'm just asking. Tom Hardy has many tattoos that had to be CGI-ed out of The Dark Knight Rises during several scenes. I'm just wondering, if you compare these two photos - one where the movie cameras are rolling, and another where they aren't - he does seem more pumped-up in the one where his tattoos have been digitally removed.

1343103478_9378_Tom%20Hardy%20as%20Bane.jpg
    Tom-Hardy-Bane-The-Dark-Knight-Rises1.png

I'm just saying, it is possible, even if they didn't actually do that.

The tattoos weren't CGI'd , just covered with makeup. It wasn't needed for the stadium scene because Bane had his coat on the whole time during his mini-speech to the supporters (Hardy must have taken the coat off when they had finished and started giving out the raffle prizes). I think the sewer scenes were some of the first that they shot and the only time during the whole movie where his physique is explicitly shown so Hardy probably only needed to get ripped for those scenes. He didn't need to achieve muscle definition for the rest of the film where he's covered up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

fruvai wrote: »
    The tattoos weren't CGI'd , just covered with makeup. It wasn't needed for the stadium scene because Bane had his coat on the whole time during his mini-speech to the supporters (Hardy must have taken the coat off when they had finished and started giving out the raffle prizes). I think the sewer scenes were some of the first that they shot and the only time during the whole movie where his physique is explicitly shown so Hardy probably only needed to get ripped for those scenes. He didn't need to achieve muscle definition for the rest of the film where he's covered up.
    The first fight where he scales down the chains,he looked an absolute beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Gamb!t wrote: »

He looked ripped for Warrior so getting in shape for TDKR wouldn't have been a problem.

Tom-Hardy-Warrior-movie-stills-03.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Tom Hardy is built like a tank, just check him out in Bronson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Gamb!t wrote: »

Hardy looks like a beast in TDKR alright, but it's his stunt double that is sliding down the chains.

• Advertisement

Hardy looks like a beast in TDKR alright, but it's his stunt double that is sliding down the chains.
    Yeah, didn't know that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,730 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Anyone seen this? It's a mod for GTA San Andreas.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭johnROSS

Nobody seems to have said it yet, but wasn't Gary Oldman absolutely brilliant in those three movies?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

johnROSS wrote: »
    Nobody seems to have said it yet, but wasn't Gary Oldman absolutely brilliant in those three movies?

Thing is about Oldman, he plays Gordon in such a perfectly understated way that his performance doesn't "stick out"...... because it's not supposed to.

When people think "Batman" a lot of people will still think "Michael Keaton".

When people say "The Joker" a lot of people will still think "Jack Nicholson"

But, I think everyone will think "Gary Oldman" when someone says "Commissioner Gordon"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I thought Gary was a highlight of the series, particularly in TDK. I was a little bit disappointed that his role was scaled back in TDKR but that's not his fault.

I've heard a few rumours about the reboot and apparently they're going to hold off on using Gordon, at least for the first film.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Well, he was good in the two movies he was in. And the two or three scenes from TDKR.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Well, he was good in the two movies he was in. And the two or three scenes from TDKR.

eh? he's got plenty of screentime in it. aside from when he's shot and out of it for a while but he's in most of the 2nd half sure its him running around trying to stop the bomb in the climax before Batman takes it.

That may be but if anybody deserves a special mention for his performance throughout the trilogy, it's Micheal Caine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

That may be but if anybody deserves a special mention for his performance throughout the trilogy, it's Micheal Caine.

Not at all. Oldman far outshot Caine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Went again on Saturday for the 4th time. Didn't want to go as I didn't want to overkill and thought I wouldn't enoy it but the gf insisted - glad she did as I think it was the most enjoyable watch of them all. Still getting a big crowd in after a month which was good to see.

Also there had been one line of Bane's that had been bugging the sh*t out of me that I just couldn't make out

Dagget: What are you?
    Bane: I'm Gotham's reckoning, here to end the herpaderparufflewuff

But finally understood it this time :pac:

Time to get some bats inkage finished off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Check this out, its a frickin awesome, not featured on the soundtrack

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

maximoose wrote: »
    Went again on Saturday for the 4th time. Didn't want to go as I didn't want to overkill and thought I wouldn't enoy it but the gf insisted - glad she did as I think it was the most enjoyable watch of them all. Still getting a big crowd in after a month which was good to see.

Also there had been one line of Bane's that had been bugging the sh*t out of me that I just couldn't make out

Dagget: What are you?
    Bane: I'm Gotham's reckoning, here to end the herpaderparufflewuff

But finally understood it this time :pac:

Time to get some bats inkage finished off.

I think it's "I'm Gothams Reckoning, here to end the borrowed time you've all been living on".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

bullvine wrote: »
    Check this out, its a frickin awesome, not featured on the soundtrack

Also the "Wayne Manor" suite:

At 7 minutes in it has the music when batman and kyle and making their way down the tunnels to find bane - one of my favourites and I was looking for it for ages!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

i thought id never say it but i think the prologue of the dark knight rises tops the fantastic bank robbery opening of the dark knight. i for one appreciate stunts without the use of cgi and being honest the opening of tdkr is a pure wow moment. pure amazing how they pulled it off

• Registered Users Posts: 33,696 ✭✭✭✭Penn

ricero wrote: »
    i thought id never say it but i think the prologue of the dark knight rises tops the fantastic bank robbery opening of the dark knight. i for one appreciate stunts without the use of cgi and being honest the opening of tdkr is a pure wow moment. pure amazing how they pulled it off

Agreed, so many amazing moments packed into those 7-8 minutes. From Bane's "Or perhaps he's wondering why you would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane....", to the amazing action and plan, to "Have we started a fire?" "Yes, the fire rises!" All with that incredible score behind it. Simply brilliant.

• Advertisement

I actually didnt like TDK the first time I saw and have since seen it about 3 times now and its class.Just grew on me everytime I saw it.
    I thought TDKR was only ok but I'm compelled to go back and see it again in the cinema.I guess there was so much happening in it that I think I will enjoy it more the second time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Penn wrote: »
    Agreed, so many amazing moments packed into those 7-8 minutes. From Bane's "Or perhaps he's wondering why you would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane....", to the amazing action and plan, to "Have we started a fire?" "Yes, the fire rises!" All with that incredible score behind it. Simply brilliant.

Bane has some fantastic lines. I love all his taunts during the beating he gives Batman.
    "Peace has cost you your strenght! victory has defeated you"

"Theatricality and deception are powerful agents to the uninitiated!But we are initiated..aren't we Bruce? members of the League of Shadows.."

"You fight like a younger man, with nothing held back.Admirable...but mistaken."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

ricero wrote: »

I don't know, the bank robbery scene still edges it for me. The way it was pulled off, along with all the guys turning on each other, all the way up until the Joker finally reveals himself. Really spot on, and it shows how chaotic Joker is that he would have them all kill each other. The beginning of TDKR was good but it reminded me of that scene in TDK when the mobster wants Joker Dead or Alive, and Joker is brought to him in a bodybag but it turns out to be a trick.
    krudler wrote: »
    Bane has some fantastic lines. I love all his taunts during the beating he gives Batman.
    "Peace has cost you your strenght! victory has defeated you"

"Theatricality and deception are powerful agents to the uninitiated!But we are initiated..aren't we Bruce? members of the League of Shadows.."

"You fight like a younger man, with nothing held back.Admirable...but mistaken."

Nearly everything Bane said in that movie was great. His whole dialogue from the first fight scene alone.

Besides the ones you already listed
    "Ah so you think darkness is your ally..... You only adopted the darkness, I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man, but even then it was Blinding!!!"

"Ah I was wondering what would break first. Your spirit....... or your body"

Also "When Gotham is ashes.... Then you have my permission to die"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

"Peace has cost you your strength. Victory has defeated you!"

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Elessar wrote: »
    Also the "Wayne Manor" suite:

At 7 minutes in it has the music when batman and kyle and making their way down the tunnels to find bane - one of my favourites and I was looking for it for ages!

Why is that not on the fcuking soundtrack!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭johnROSS

One gripe i did have with this movie was the fact that it was set a whole eight years since that last movie, but technology has gone seemingly unchanged. maybe i'm nitpicking, i dunno. but in fairness, eight was kinda overkill. I think if it was four five it would have been better.

other than that i loved the movie. best i've seen in ages :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,730 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

One gripe i did have with this movie was the fact that it was set a whole eight years since that last movie, but technology has gone seemingly unchanged. maybe i'm nitpicking, i dunno. but in fairness, eight was kinda overkill. I think if it was four five it would have been better.

I see what you mean. They went a wee bit far in breaking down Bruce's body only for him to suddenly start performing like he's 10 years younger at the end.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Penn wrote: »

But why did he do all that?
    Why did he hand himself, his goons and the physicist over to the CIA, only to have big plane to plane shoot out/cover up, and escape from the CIA.
    Wouldn't it have made more sense to just not hand themselves over?

The bank robbery wins for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I see what you mean. They went a wee bit far in breaking down Bruce's body only for him to suddenly start performing like he's 10 years younger at the end.

You mean you haven't seen the deleted scene featuring Gok Wan?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

But why did he do all that?
    Why did he hand himself, his goons and the physicist over to the CIA, only to have big plane to plane shoot out/cover up, and escape from the CIA.
    Wouldn't it have made more sense to just not hand themselves over?

This was discussed earlier in the thread. They used the plane crash to fake Dr Pavel's death. He was the only one who could turn the clean energy reactor into a bomb. By faking his death they got the CIA off their backs and convinced Bruce to reactivate the reactor.

Advertisement