Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - seen thread *SPOILERS WITHIN* See Mod Warning in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Boo Radley wrote: »
    Kimmell comes across as a down right idiot in that. He either is and didn't get the film at all or he hasn't seen it.

Bit surprised JGL played along with the "you're Robin" thing as well. His name was Robin, he isn't bloody THE Robin. Meh.

I think JGL just went with it cos it was easier than starting a discussion about it. you could see once Kimmell went "you're Robin!" he was all "ehhh, I'm not but sure for this interview I am"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Went to see Dark Knight Rises last night - Pretty Good - wasn't exceptional by any means - certainly better than The Dark Knight, but both sequels have failed to live up to Batman Begins in my view. Would give it a 7.5 outta 10.

I have to say the sound was much better on this one than in The Dark Knight - far too many effects on Batman's voice in TDK - was a bit cringy in places.

This time though they had the balance in his voice spot-on, and Banes voice was superb.

Good to see they cut back on the pointless chase montages as well, but the story just wasn't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

far too many effects on Batman's voice in TDK - was a bit cringy in places.

Effects? I thought he had throat cancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

What was especially good was the sense of fear and terror Bane created, which was greater than that created by The Joker.

Joker's terror was on a small scale, for example the ferries, killing various people of power, etc. but Bane effectively took over Gotham and turned it into a cutoff city-state with no police and criminals running rampant. The people had no hope and the threat of the bomb hung over their heads.

What was especially good was the sense of fear and terror Bane created, which was greater than that created by The Joker.

Joker's terror was on a small scale, for example the ferries, killing various people of power, etc. but Bane effectively took over Gotham and turned it into a cutoff city-state with no police and criminals running rampant. The people had no hope and the threat of the bomb hung over their heads.

We never really saw the result of it though, aside from the quick montage of people being ejected from their homes and being put on trial, you never got to see how the normal people of Gotham were affected, its one of the things I really wish the movie went into a bit more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Oscorp

Joker had the people of Gotham trying to murder Coleman Reece, while he was under police protection.

I found it harder to appreciate the terror Bane inspired because it was pretty much limited to looting and vandalism, which isn't half as interesting as normal folk trying to off a businessman in order to prevent a psycho blowing up a hospital housing their loved ones.

There wasn't much attention devoted to it aye but something I picked up on.

The people being kicked out of their homes was pretty scary though. And you can assume they had a difficult time with no police force and the criminals running the city. The terror of those in front of the show trials was evident of how the people probably felt. It would have been good to take that in but the film was long enough and they were packing in as much plot as possible. Nolan leaves us to assume and imagine.

Oscorp wrote: »
    Joker had the people of Gotham trying to murder Coleman Reece, while he was under police protection.

Forgot about that actually.
    the terror Bane inspired because it was pretty much limited to looting and vandalism

The bomb was the big thing for me in terms of terror. Knowing it could go off if the rules were broken was a frightening prospect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

Tom Hardy's accent is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Tom Hardy's boots were silly

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

ThirdMan wrote: »

For me it was brilliant loved it, menacing and intriguing.

After watching it for the third time I spotted a bit of a plot hole. When bane sees the burning bat signal on the building he is shocked that Bruce returned. However Talia already knew he was back and had a chance to tell him. Surely she would have told him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

After watching it for the third time I spotted a bit of a plot hole. When bane sees the burning bat signal on the building he is shocked that Bruce returned. However Talia already knew he was back and had a chance to tell him. Surely she would have told him.

Hardly a plot hole. Thats just nitpicking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Colmo52 wrote: »

Hardly a plot hole. Thats just nitpicking.

Yea I know it's only minor, it did bother me a bit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,568 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

ThirdMan wrote: »

He based it on this guy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 690 ✭✭✭puffishoes

TDKR - Spent a few hours afterwards discussing the film with the OH over a whiskey and after much thought my conclusion is absolutely average is a big compliment.

I think just about anything you put bale in he will be fine and caine was caine. But it didn't draw me in I kept sitting there waiting for it to take off but alas the credits rolled. As for bane I couldn't understand a word he was bloody saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭johnROSS

Saw it again last night, definitely worth going over it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Finally got to see this this evening, absolutly epic imho! Completely deserves the hype it got and that surrounded it! A terrific ending to the trilogy that stays with you, great sense of continuation of the previous ones without going too much offbase, great twists, and kept your eyes on the screen all the way through, not a lull in the story at all :D:)
    Would definitly see it again, exceeded my expectations a lot as i wasnt entirely pushed on Batman Begins but I loved Dark Knight, so was curious how this was going to go, was certainly not dissapointed. :)

Plus everytime i heard this http://youtu.be/BT7gaj26xwE on the trailers and at that scene in the movie, goosebumps galore for me, ive no idea why but its a good sign for a movie scene for me :)

I feel like I was led into the wrong screen.

Or I'm completely tired and bored of Hollywood block busters.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

puffishoes wrote: »

Then don't go see them!

puffishoes wrote: »

:confused: what were you expecting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Gintonious wrote: »
    He based it on this guy.

Still a ridiculous accent.

Even more so when you consider that Tom Hardy is likening Bane to a pykey bare knuckle boxing champ.

"Ah Jays mistur Batman sur, wouldja not tink o' the awl baby, even there poor oul John Jow gave it a hundreh n'ten. D'ya wanta fight me mistur Batman sur!?!? Ahahah, you're a good man you're a good man, but I'd take ya any day, any day sur!"

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

Even more so when you consider that Tom Hardy is likening Bane to a pykey bare knuckle boxing champ.

Gotta say I really hate that word. Had an English lad refer to Katie Taylor as such and that didn't go down so well. It's nasty 'ol word really and only serves for purposes of prejudice.

Mind you this being the internet there is little point in complaining I suppose.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Then don't go see them!

Top tip young man. I have been drastically reducing over the years in fact I think is the only one I saw this year so far. But it was a good reminder as to why.

krudler wrote: »
    :confused: what were you expecting?

As I said previously I was constantly waiting for the film to _start_ and the credits rolled I don't feel it ever got going at all. Just a meandering bit of tumbleweed and silence of the lambs look a like that i hadn't a sausage of what was coming out of his mouth.

I loved batman begins and TDK but this just felt so detached when I read some of the reviews of this I'm just convinced I saw a compltley different film it's scoring 8.9 on imdb which rarley steers me wrong. maybe it's me not "it"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

This is a bit of a laugh.

http://www.cracked.com/article_20012_if-dark-knight-rises-was-10-times-shorter-more-honest.html

Yeah the film was not good, could have been a great film, the concept was there. Just not enough commitment and laziness from Nolan.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,709 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Can't wait for this to hit Blu-Ray, think I heard mention of it maybe around December 8th!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Dark knight was released around then I expect the same!

Raging I was near an IMAX screen for 2weeks and never got to see it again.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,272 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'll just leave this here:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Mickeroo wrote: »
    they had a good call on why fox didnt just flood the chamber, i would never have thought of that, :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 110 ✭✭the_djoker

Just got to see this today, overall - E P I C ! ! !

But one thing I thought would have been better was Bruce Wayne should
    have been killed of, a great way of Nolan signing off - they can always reboot the series.

But I'm sure studio execs forced Nolan's hand on this.

9/10 - would have been 10 but just for that last part.

Advertisement