Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - seen thread *SPOILERS WITHIN* See Mod Warning in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Jimdagym wrote: »
    I would imagine new york was shown so clearly so people could identify with manhattan being cut off like in the movie. Not as easy with chicage.

...and then I immediately think that the same think was done in tdk...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

The bank robbery wasn't much more believable either. The clown men would figure out they too could be shot. Also there is no way they could plan it so precisely so they know the exact second everything would happen. Impressive scene nonetheless.

and the whole nobody batting an eyelid at a bus driving out of a WALL from a bank and joining more buses, like even if it was the last one ok, but no, theres another bus behind the Jokers one, so that driver just watched a rubble strewn bus emerge out of a bank wall with a guy wearing pacepaint driving it and no kids on it in broad daylight, and just calmly follows.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

krudler wrote: »

Yeah I didnt like the look of Gotham in TDKR either, its just New York, Chicago looked much cooler with the bridges. I thought the best version was in Begins, it got the look of stylised real world city just right with a real location and then the Narrows area being models/cgi or whatever it was they used.

I didnt actually mind it in TDKR so much cause so much of it takes place in Gothams financial district.

As far as I know Gotham was all digital for the cityscape shots and the Narrows was mostly set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

It still doesnt make sense though, there's Bane, Pavel and the guy who gets left behind on the plane right. Gillen says the line about the flight plan, but then they bring a body in during the heist, pump Pavels blood into it so the investigation will show its him, thats the one prisoner on the flight plan(shenanigans!) and the other guy still stays there. so thats an extra body.

He called in Pavel and one prisoner.
    Remember when he fake killed the goons? saying, "there's a seat for one of you on this plane".

But yes, the scene was fairly ridiculous and didn't make a whole pile of sense.

He called in Pavel and one prisoner.
    Remember when he fake killed the goons? saying, "there's a seat for one of you on this plane".

But yes, the scene was fairly ridiculous and didn't make a whole pile of sense.

Ah you're right, I thought it was him and one prisoner forget he mentions Pavel, it is a cool sequence, but still ridiculous in plot terms.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Ah you're right, I thought it was him and one prisoner forget he mentions Pavel, it is a cool sequence, but still ridiculous in plot terms.

Aye. It was only done to introduce Bane and show us what he's about

Bane's monologues throughout the film

Anyone else thinks he sounds exactly like Darth Vader when he says "You betrayed us"?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Is the bat wing in any way feasible? Do any other working plane/helicopters have wings underneath the machine? Nolan's batman has been more about practicality and so this alien ship stands out like a sore thumb a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

Yeah I couldn't help but think the Bat wing was a bit 'much' for the somewhat realistic Nolanverse. Looked like something made from a Lego technic set.

Mind you I've never been keen on the Nolanverse vehicle designs in general.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

I wonder how Bane urinating on batman's lying body would have been received. Like how it was done in Bronson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFO49uDUiOs&sns=em

TDKR includes an hour-long look at the various iterations of the Batmobile, very cool. Have to say, Joel's Batmobiles aren't that bad, too garish & teenagery with the luminous glow, bat-wheels and huge central fin but some solid ideas in there. I also like the tumbler less now. It's hilarious to see all the labels on West's car. Although looking Burton's batmobile again I think it'd look nice in a shiny black (although dull black was perfect for the films)

batmobilesjpeg.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Big Bottom

I thought this movie was great but the only thing about it I didnt like was that I couldnt understand a word the baddie Bane was saying!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Love the batmobile from the 1989 film. Whenever I hear batmobile thats what I think of

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'm not usually a fan of mash-up trailers, but they dug deep for this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Love the batmobile from the 1989 film. Whenever I hear batmobile thats what I think of
    Keating batmobile,Still my favourite, didnt Michael Jackson buy it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Gamb!t wrote: »
    Keating batmobile,Still my favourite, didnt Michael Jackson buy it ?

Course he did, what little kid is going to reject a ride in the Batmobile. :p

Various behind the scenes pics from the trilogy
    behind-the-scenes-batman-dark-knight-trilogy-14.jpg?w=500&h=495

behind-the-scenes-batman-dark-knight-trilogy-5.jpg?w=500&h=332

behind-the-scenes-batman-dark-knight-trilogy-6.jpg?w=500&h=332

behind-the-scenes-batman-dark-knight-trilogy-18.jpg?w=500&h=332

behind-the-scenes-batman-dark-knight-trilogy-19.jpg?w=500&h=332

behind-the-scenes-batman-dark-knight-trilogy-20.jpg?w=500&h=815

behind-the-scenes-batman-dark-knight-trilogy-21.jpg?w=500&h=382

behind-the-scenes-batman-dark-knight-trilogy-27.jpg?w=500&h=500

behind-the-scenes-batman-dark-knight-trilogy-41.jpg?w=500&h=765

behind-the-scenes-batman-dark-knight-trilogy-30.jpg?w=500&h=635

behind-the-scenes-batman-dark-knight-trilogy-34.jpg?w=500&h=434

behind-the-scenes-batman-dark-knight-trilogy-35.jpg?w=500&h=456

behind-the-scenes-batman-dark-knight-trilogy-38.jpg?w=500&h=585

behind-the-scenes-batman-dark-knight-trilogy-42.jpg?w=500&h=748

behind-the-scenes-batman-dark-knight-trilogy-49.jpg?w=500&h=406

behind-the-scenes-batman-dark-knight-trilogy-52.jpg?w=500&h=666

behind-the-scenes-batman-dark-knight-trilogy-55.jpg?w=500&h=332

behind-the-scenes-batman-dark-knight-trilogy-50.jpg?w=500&h=666

heath2.jpg

l_468569_7bb252b1.jpg

bane-tom-hardy-batman-christian-bale-fight-the-dark-knight-rises-2.jpg

l_372784_efcafab5.jpg

batman5fordcrownvictoriw.918.jpg

l.jpg

tumblr_m802arGkrg1qkf8mio1_500.jpg

tumblr_ly8foloHqw1r3efiso1_500.jpg

article-1295085-059CF3130000044D-461_468x286.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭PaulB1984

and the whole nobody batting an eyelid at a bus driving out of a WALL from a bank and joining more buses, like even if it was the last one ok, but no, theres another bus behind the Jokers one, so that driver just watched a rubble strewn bus emerge out of a bank wall with a guy wearing pacepaint driving it and no kids on it in broad daylight, and just calmly follows.

The one single thing that bothered me was that bus joining the traffic after coming from the bank. But as some people said at the time, there's many different things that could've affected it. Perhaps the driver of the bus behind was in fact one of Joker's other men? Maybe every bus was driven by one of Joker's men? After all, what's the odds of their bus magically driving neatly into a row that just happens to be passing by? They can't have planned it that well? And why did the last bus lag behind to let Joker's bus head out in front?

PaulB1984 wrote: »
    The one single thing that bothered me was that bus joining the traffic after coming from the bank. But as some people said at the time, there's many different things that could've affected it. Perhaps the driver of the bus behind was in fact one of Joker's other men? Maybe every bus was driven by one of Joker's men? After all, what's the odds of their bus magically driving neatly into a row that just happens to be passing by? They can't have planned it that well? And why did the last bus lag behind to let Joker's bus head out in front?

you know something, that entire plot hole/gaff could have been fixed with one singular shot of the joker nodding to one of the drivers letting him out and all the buses being empty without the sounds of kids on them we hear in the movie.

PaulB1984 wrote: »

Yeah when you have to start making **** up you the film has major story issues.

Which is what confuses me. Look how much effort and ingenuity goes into shooting these movies in those photos. How could no one have noticed these story issues with TDK?

• Advertisement

Once you can arrive at a plausible explanation easily enough I wouldn't consider it that much of a plot hole.
    A film can't explain everything, it would the tedious and there isn't enough time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Nice photos. Genuinely surprised by the amount of green screen involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Great shots there. Quite an extraordinary trilogy when you think about it.

Once you can arrive at a plausible explanation easily enough I wouldn't consider it that much of a plot hole.
    A film can't explain everything, it would the tedious and there isn't enough time.

Plausible and baselessly made up are completely different things.

Saw it on ScreenRant's Geekpicks, thought it was cool.

batmanpallette.jpg

Which is hilarious because most of TDK happens during the day (one of the films weak points)

Andy!! wrote: »
    Which is hilarious because most of TDK happens during the day (one of the films weak points)

does it though? thematically its the "dark" one alright

Should Begins not be associated with dawn and DKR with dusk?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,567 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Credit to green screen when it is used right, also on how much it has improved over the years.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

does it though? thematically its the "dark" one alright

I'm struggling to to think of any major action/Batman scenes bar the intro that happen during the day. TDKR mainly happens at daytime though alright.

As for begins being dawn rather than dusk, I think dusk suits as its the beginning of Bruce's decent into darkness of sorts.

Advertisement