Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get from the Airport (SYD) to Pitt Street

Options
  • 18-07-2012 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

How to get from the Airport (SYD) to Pitt Street?
    I heard taxis are crazy expensive..?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

Hi Mate,

Best way into Pitt Street would be take a train to Martin place but Pitt Street is a long street and this will only leave you to the CBD but cheaper then a taxi - you would need to get off @ Redfern/Central and change to the line that goes to Bondi Junction to get to Martin Place.

Usualy cost's about $15.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭ShaneK101

Hi Mate,

Best way into Pitt Street would be take a train to Martin place but Pitt Street is a long street and this will only leave you to the CBD but cheaper then a taxi - you would need to get off @ Redfern/Central and change to the line that goes to Bondi Junction to get to Martin Place.

Usualy cost's about $15.

Thanks for the info..!
    If I was to get a taxi from the airport how much would it cost me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

I just got the train straight to Wynyard. I was told a taxi would be around $60 but I don't know

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

depends what time of day after 8pm mon -thurs 30-40, saturday night easily 60
    also pitt street is huge which part?
    Top of pitt street to bottom could easily top $10 in bad traffic and lights\

Also I think it would be quicker getting a train than a taxi.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

No need to change trains, depending on where you are going you can get off at Central, Museum, St James or Circular Quay. None should be more than a few minutes walk to Pitt St.

http://www.airportlink.com.au/

Im going to 412 Pitt if thats any help ha..!!
    Thanks for your replies guys..!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mc1983

ShaneK101 wrote: »
    Hi Mate,

Usualy cost's about $15.

Thanks for the info..!
    If I was to get a taxi from the airport how much would it cost me?

taxi from thr international airport in sydney to pittt street is around 35-40 dollars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

Taxi to that hostel will cost you about $40 each way.

If there is more than two of ye a taxi would be worth it as 2 x one way train tickets to central (which is the nearest stop to Westend) will be $34 each ($16.80 e/w).

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭TirEoghain

ShaneK101 wrote: »
    Im going to 412 Pitt if thats any help ha..!!
    Thanks for your replies guys..!

Train to Central, and then head up Pitt Street from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,342 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

TirEoghain wrote: »
    Train to Central, and then head up Pitt Street from there.
    Town Hall would be better. Just because at Town you exit right on to George, whereas Central, you it leaves you in the middle of the station. He'll have to get out of the station, down the tunnel, cross the road to pitt etc. It's a further walk and also there's multipel exits which are confusing if you don;t know your way.

Train to town hall.
    Take the exit on to George beside "PieFace", you should be on the opposite side of the road to the actually town hall building (tall building with scaffolding atm)
    Walk uphill up Bathurst st. Turn right at the next street, this is Pitt
    Walk two blocks past Liverpool and Goulburn streets, 412 is around there.

By coincidence, I had to walk to place right across the street last night. Thats the route I took and its very straight forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Can take the Eddy Avenue exit from Central which makes things easier I think. Or use Museum which is about the same distance, there may be some limitations to Museum though (opening hours?lifts?).

The problem with Town Hall is having to sit through all the stations on the way in and it's a slightly longer walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Town hall wouldn't be better, museaum or central would be as much closer according to google maps.

I take it you are staying in Nomads? http://nomadshostels.com/westend/the-perfect-central-sydney-location/ they arrange free pick up for 3nights stay otherwise $12 shuttle.
    Have a look into this.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

central station to the airport recently was $38 in a taxi

hussey wrote: »
    Town hall wouldn't be better, museaum or central would be as much closer according to google maps.

I take it you are staying in Nomads? http://nomadshostels.com/westend/the-perfect-central-sydney-location/ they arrange free pick up for 3nights stay otherwise $12 shuttle.
    Have a look into this.

Thanks very much didnt see that..! :)

Advertisement