Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Courier service who can do C.O.D.?

Options
  • 18-07-2012 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi, I'm just wondering is there any courier service that will do cash on delivery. I will have to give money to the courier person to give to the seller.?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭JD Dublin

fmoy wrote: »
    Hi, I'm just wondering is there any courier service that will do cash on delivery. I will have to give money to the courier person to give to the seller.?
    I use Gerry in Streetlink 07 671 4411, for the last 7 years. I have no connection to them other than as a courier company. I haven't used them for COD, but found them very good overall, reliable service. I am sure they would help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭fmoy

Hi, thanks for the reply. I'm have an account with a courier service already but they don't have COD. I'll try them, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,197 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

GLS do cash on delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

and so do dpd.

Why not lodge into the seller's bank account directly? - Appoears instantly and a lot safer. - Be very aware of handing cash over - no proof of tranaction.

Offer paypal or pay cash into their account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 ICCM

An post also do COD, this might be the cheapest option if you dont have an account with a courier company

• Advertisement

GLS do cash on delivery.

Ok thanks, I'll try them also.

sandin wrote: »
    and so do dpd.

Why not lodge into the seller's bank account directly? - Appoears instantly and a lot safer. - Be very aware of handing cash over - no proof of tranaction.

Offer paypal or pay cash into their account.

Thanks for the reply, I'll try DPD and GLS and compare prices. I have been transferring money online via Paypal and bank transfers up to now but need another option as some people don't like the idea of giving out bank details to strangers which I fully understand.

ICCM wrote: »
    An post also do COD, this might be the cheapest option if you dont have an account with a courier company

Thanks for the reply, I have an account already but they don't do COD. I'll try An Post and compare prices with the other courier services above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

fmoy wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, I'll try DPD and GLS and compare prices. I have been transferring money online via Paypal and bank transfers up to now but need another option as some people don't like the idea of giving out bank details to strangers which I fully understand.

Every cheque has the bank details printed on them - so why anyone would be concerned about giving them is rather weird. Most companies also print them on invoices and statements and even publish them on their websites.

Advertisement