Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 16 - League & Cup Banter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

mar-z wrote: »
    A team could have just gone bot as well either just after beating someone on Wednesday or in the week before having already grawn a bot.

Otherwise it shouldn't have happened bar someone going out to lose.

I'll wait for the intrepid journos to come up with the answers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,798 ✭✭✭corny

12-10 up at ht. Always tight against Ormond.

Mar-z i see you're taking on the big boys!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

corny wrote: »
    12-10 up at ht. Always tight against Ormond.

Mar-z i see you're taking on the big boys!

I'm starting to think it will be thrown away though :(

Edit: turned over line-out 5m from my line and then won a penalty! This match has me going from optimistic to pessimistic and back again every 20s or so!

Edit: YESSSSSS!!!!! Bonus point in the 80th minute from a break from my own 22! :D

Delighted I had a f**k it moment this morning and changed my plans from rolling over to go all out.

Great game Johne! You only playing normal in no way takes away any of my delight which I guess shows how good a team you have.

Love this game sometimes!!!!

Now to get back to the work I've been ignoring the last couple of hours.....

On a slightly less joy of the moment, obviously gotten too emotionally caught up in the game topic, turns out I expanded my stadium but forgot all about it until realising my stadium had more people in it then it should! :D

Also my next cup opponents energy is completely shot as it looks like they are taking the suicidal ltnt everyone route!

mar-z wrote: »
    I'm starting to think it will be thrown away though :(

Edit: turned over line-out 5m from my line and then won a penalty! This match has me going from optimistic to pessimistic and back again every 20s or so!

Edit: YESSSSSS!!!!! Bonus point in the 80th minute from a break from my own 22! :D

Delighted I had a f**k it moment this morning and changed my plans from rolling over to go all out.

Great game Johne! You only playing normal in no way takes away any of my delight which I guess shows how good a team you have.

Love this game sometimes!!!!

Now to get back to the work I've been ignoring the last couple of hours.....

Great result.

Ormond really missing their Irish flanker, won handy in the end. 15 points from 3 games.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Whoop!! Beat Battai away from home, that's 10pts out of 15 in the league. played one of the top team (and got bonus pt) and two others that will be fighting to try for 4th and got two wins. Very happy!

I'd say Battai is none too happy tho as he def had designs on 4th as he placed there last season!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Scorched Earth vs Killarney RFC vs Bogwarriors...who will get the drop? :pac:

Orizio wrote: »

Oooooh, that's going to be a tough battle alright!

Great to grab that win Mar-z!

I was going through the usual routine of throwing the 2nds out against the minnows in the league... until realising that Galway French have a load of 80k CSR lads knocking about these days.
    Turns out I was probably the weaker side on the day, but decided I'd trust my gut again (since it worked out well on Wednesday) and just go normal, hoping he'd WNWIM and target his games.
    Comfortable win, despite his TNT.
    The next two weeks are really going to decide much of the league, with me taking on the top team and then Fingal Bears taking them on a week after.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Orizio wrote: »

bogwarriors. doesnt seem to be trying again this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I'd say the exceptional ability of my squad just scared him off tbh...

• Advertisement

Ah no! That'd be a terrible shame, unless he has a genius plan afoot... which he quite often does.

last time he was in div 2 he did the same thing and finished 7th or 8th when i thought he should have been challenging for play offs. looks like he doing the same again going by the start he's made. maybe he's saving money but he definitely has the ability to be higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Alas, teams full of physical freaks aren't built overnight. Almost every position in the squad I'm building has to be trained from the ground up, so it takes time. In the interim, that means being patient and not wasting money on short-term, unsustainable results.

This is why my average csr (and salary) is well below my league peers, and why imo the best I can reasonably aim for is avoiding auto-relegation this season.

See the first game of the season - I LTNT'ed vs Normal of the fourth ranked team in the league - lost 44 - 9.

Alas, teams full of physical freaks aren't built overnight. Almost every position in the squad I'm building has to be trained from the ground up, so it takes time. In the interim, that means being patient and not wasting money on short-term, unsustainable results.

This is why my average csr (and salary) is well below my league peers, and why imo the best I can reasonably aim for is avoiding auto-relegation this season.

See the first game of the season - I LTNT'ed vs Normal of the fourth ranked team in the league - lost 44 - 9.

See what you mean.

You've 11 lads over 2 metres; i've two!

Told ya he had a genius plan afoot!

Forgot I had a friendly last night and played normal with my firsts. There goes my energy management plans :(

All gone very quiet around here lads! whose got a tough cup draw tonight? anyone looking like they might bow out?

Myself I am playing a div IV team whose best player is 15K csr. so WNWIM it is and save energy to continue my attempt at staying in Div II this season! sitting in 4th at this early stage but have two big teams to play so expect a hammering and to slide down the table!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Have a Div. 3 team so this should be the end for the superstars :(

Div IV team whose best player is 16k , so WNWIM and the seconds it is.

Feel bad about it though, his 16k player is a 17year old 133kg beast... so looks like the manager is buying well for the future.

good win - up against an average div III team. going away though so not sure what to do with the cup in case I win, whether to set default team at ltnt or Wnwim...decisions!

• Advertisement

got some div 4 pleb. he has a good team for div 4 but still be wnwim with b team

Normalled with my b team tonight and won comfortably, possibly should have went wnwim but chickened out.

Got Open Side in round 5 so that's my cup run finished.

Time to concentrate on seeing if I can stay in division 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Lost 25-12 at home to a much better team, gave away 5 penalties which he slotted over as had a great kicker. Dominated the breakdown and stole some of his set pieces. Had an attacking scrum 6 metres out with 10 mins to go and the score at 22-12 which he turned over his only one all day. get that and who knows. Ah well puts me up about 100k in my finances although have 3 away games coming up so cash wont last long.

Another easy draw for me.:D I've never been able to WNWIM my way to round 6.

Only drawback being playing away will earn pittance in his tiny stadium.

Easy win as expected.

Have Keep Off The Grass in the next round, are they a boardsie team? For some reason I think I should know them, but I get confused from teams I actually know and teams I scouted heavily for the journo lark.

Looks like they've a very solid squad, I'd say they're about mine + a season of training, so I'm not as gung-ho as I normally would be around cup time.

Also the match is smack-bang in the middle of my two most important league matches, so I'm not sure if another round in the cup is worth my drive to auto-promote.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Easy win as expected.

Have Keep Off The Grass in the next round, are they a boardsie team? For some reason I think I should know them, but I get confused from teams I actually know and teams I scouted heavily for the journo lark.

Looks like they've a very solid squad, I'd say they're about mine + a season of training, so I'm not as gung-ho as I normally would be around cup time.

Also the match is smack-bang in the middle of my two most important league matches, so I'm not sure if another round in the cup is worth my drive to auto-promote.
    I play them on saturday. I'll do my best to knock some lumps out of them for you! :p

Had a look there, think they used to be in division with me so that's how I know them.

Looking at the results they have had and their squad look solid but nothing special (in comparason to the monsters in my league!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

still in the cup for both my teams but after a few hard leagues game i expect to be knocked out of both next week but i look certain to stay up in zim but go down in ireland unless i buy well.

selling players from my zim team to finish playing for lvl5s and scouted a 205cm guy so the future is looking good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Won my cup match easily. Surprised doesn't even begin to cover it!

eoferrall wrote: »
    I play them on saturday. I'll do my best to knock some lumps out of them for you! :p

Had a look there, think they used to be in division with me so that's how I know them.

Looking at the results they have had and their squad look solid but nothing special (in comparason to the monsters in my league!!)

Yeah, they aren't as massive as most Div II teams, certainly not a patch on Mauling Bear who went up from my league or Vitamin G who came down, but that's what makes me wary. If they've got a good solid all-round squad, well, don't really know how I'm going to argue with that.
    ajeffares wrote: »
    Won my cup match easily. Surprised doesn't even begin to cover it!

Who were you up against?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Hurst RFC. They had me in terms of CSR. Must be someones second team because my normal vs their normal was 63-14 to me. Something wrong there I think.

Advertisement