Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 16 - League & Cup Banter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Back up to Div I Poland after an unbeaten season, hopefully I can stay up this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

[Jackass] wrote: »
    How long before promotion is confirmed / you see what league you move in to?

If you're above the auto-promote line you're locked-in and safe... but it's a pain to figure out where you're going. You're going to an auto-relegated person equivalent to your auto-promote position... but you'll have to look at all the rankings to figure it out, which is a pain for Div III.
    TheVoodoo wrote: »
    Back up to Div I Poland after an unbeaten season, hopefully I can stay up this time.

Come back to Ireland ya fudger!

Also, since when did Mullend change his team name to Barracuda Rugby? I miss Couch Potatoes so much right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

lost my first Div.3 semi final and bronze final, not at the level to compete for trophies just yet but edging ever closer! extra prize money wuda been nice thou :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Well F that S.

All that hard work winning the league and I'm left with a qualifier against cork coyotes to get into the league of death.

Two players on the Irish nt and they are struggling to avoid auto relegate.

Looks like another season in III.1 or if I'm really lucky ill get the chance to be beaten up in div 2 for the season

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

delighted with my result, knew if I won that my rankings would rocket up due to being away from home. Even better that I got in the top 4 on the promotion table!!

Here's hoping I'm better equipped for Div 2 this time than last.

Well done to all the other boardsies, good to see us coming strong!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

ajeffares wrote: »
    Well F that S.

All that hard work winning the league and I'm left with a qualifier against cork coyotes to get into the league of death.

Two players on the Irish nt and they are struggling to avoid auto relegate.

Looks like another season in III.1 or if I'm really lucky ill get the chance to be beaten up in div 2 for the season

Its not that bad up here, we're just a big bunch of softies really. The coyotes have been on autopilot a lot this season too so you might get lucky and catch him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Very happy with this season.

2nd is a new high in Div2 for me and i managed to blood a few younguns along the way.

If I'm looking at it right, I'm taking Ormond's place in the same league as Forza, Grubber and Mauling Bear. Anybody else heading into it/playing qualifiers to get in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

was annoyed with the lack of setting lineup. but upon reflection my aim for the season was to avoid auto relegation and stay up. by getting to the playoffs I have done this so I am happy to be in position I am in.:)

Season 17 - see some progress! :D

Fewcifur wrote: »
    If I'm looking at it right, I'm taking Ormond's place in the same league as Forza, Grubber and Mauling Bear. Anybody else heading into it/playing qualifiers to get in?

How do u figure that out again? Been camped in div 3 so long I have forgotten the method. Lol

Edit: Oh and don't forget to LTNT your community challenge fixture tonight folks! Energy resets will happen before your next game so it's a no brainer!

• Advertisement

crisco10 wrote: »
    How do u figure that out again? Been camped in div 3 so long I have forgotten the method. Lol

Edit: Oh and don't forget to LTNT your community challenge fixture tonight folks! Energy resets will happen before your next game so it's a no brainer!

Well, Mar-Z reminded me of this as I had also forgotten, the lowest auto-qualifier takes the place of the highest ranked auto-relegation.

Pesky community challenge, it was too-full for my participation. Knew there was something I was missing out on tonight.

crisco10 wrote: »

Did I miss something? first season since started I have missed the community challenge :(

Good luck in it lads!!

eoferrall wrote: »
    Did I miss something? first season since started I have missed the community challenge :(

Good luck in it lads!!

Over subscribed so it was.

Here's hoping for the win, though I couldn't tell you what country we're playing against

Here's hoping for the win, though I couldn't tell you what country we're playing against

Clearly need to go on the offsite/BR lounge more than once every few months!

Next season I will be back in! :p

I'll be on the offsite a bit more with hopefully being more active with U20... get some lads trained up (for my team too!:p)

eoferrall wrote: »

Clearly need to go on the offsite/BR lounge more than once every few months!

Next season I will be back in! :p

I'll be on the offsite a bit more with hopefully being more active with U20... get some lads trained up (for my team too!:p)

So by my count, that would put me in div 2.2 next year. Had a look, its a different world up there! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

i couldnt say who yer playing only that yer going down :D

seanand wrote: »
    i couldnt say who yer playing only that yer going down :D

:confused:

Either we're both confused, or you need to tune up the smack talk :)
    Possibly make reference to Eoferrall's mother, or, suggest Mar-Z wear's a dress or something.

I've been looking around for friendlies... seems a lot of boardsies are actually playing other boardsies tonight. I hope we're not playing Oz or someone of that calibre, cause from the looks of things a huge chunk of the top half of the nation aren't actually playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

:confused:

Either we're both confused, or you need to tune up the smack talk :)
    Possibly make reference to Eoferrall's mother, or, suggest Mar-Z wear's a dress or something.

I've been looking around for friendlies... seems a lot of boardsies are actually playing other boardsies tonight. I hope we're not playing Oz or someone of that calibre, cause from the looks of things a huge chunk of the top half of the nation aren't actually playing.

hint hint yer playing zim/nam so its not me thats confused and im pretty sure mar-z does wear a dress

Tried to work it out and I reckon it'll be

Division II.3
    Apoel Cormosia
    Forza Juve
    Mauling Bear
    Grubber RFC
    Sex Panthers
    GufinGolfini
    Curly Sue Death Squad
    Ballina Bohemians

Doesn't get easier!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

I have a playoff vs Battai Bátor Bulldogok RK

not a hope for the Front Row Fairies. Looks like its Div III.6 for another season :( i'm never getting out of it.

• Advertisement

corny wrote: »

Division II.3
    Apoel Cormosia
    Forza Juve
    Mauling Bear
    Grubber RFC
    Sex Panthers
    GufinGolfini
    Curly Sue Death Squad
    Ballina Bohemians

Doesn't get easier!

Ah for fecksake. Going to be tricky to stay on top of two of those teams and avoid auto-relegation, but my god... qualifier matches aren't easy in Div II world, nearly as much of a death sentence. Always felt 5 and 6 were grand in Div III, because you'd never get anything too bad coming up, but every team playing qualifiers next season will be as good as mine. Terrifying.

Good fun though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Division II.3
    Apoel Cormosia
    Forza Juve
    Mauling Bear
    Grubber RFC
    Sex Panthers
    GufinGolfini
    Curly Sue Death Squad
    Ballina Bohemians

Doesn't get easier!

It's what I got when I looked at it as well (assuming Guifin win their playoff).

It's slightly easier than the first half of last season as we've lost both Fight Club and Openside and gained Apoel and Sex Panthers. Although that makes it significantly harder than the 2nd half of the season where we had a bot instead of openside.

Have to target a top 4 spot now as it was what I managed last year. Hopefully can improve my performance a bit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

hint hint yer playing zim/nam so its not me thats confused and im pretty sure mar-z does wear a dress

I just like to feel pretty :p

Division II.3
    Apoel Cormosia
    Forza Juve
    Mauling Bear
    Grubber RFC
    Sex Panthers
    GufinGolfini
    Curly Sue Death Squad
    Ballina Bohemians

Doesn't get easier!

anybody else notice that this team(http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.lobby.php?id=9671#page=summary&id=9671) went bot but never went to the bottom of the league? They are playing Sex Panthers in the playoff

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/tools.live.scoring.php#fixture=9337814

Shouldnt they have been relegated and Ormond in 6th place instead?
    http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.league.php?id=127822#page=standings&id=127822

daheff wrote: »
    anybody else notice that this team(http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.lobby.php?id=9671#page=summary&id=9671) went bot but never went to the bottom of the league? They are playing Sex Panthers in the playoff

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/tools.live.scoring.php#fixture=9337814

Shouldnt they have been relegated and Ormond in 6th place instead?
    http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.league.php?id=127822#page=standings&id=127822

I think it had something to do with going bot before week 8 if i remember right. After week 8 they get penalised.

I think it had something to do with going bot before week 8 if i remember right. After week 8 they get penalised.

Maybe. Doesnt seem right though. Bot goes to playoff & ormond go down. Lucky sex panthers!

mar-z wrote: »
    It's what I got when I looked at it as well (assuming Guifin win their playoff).

It's slightly easier than the first half of last season as we've lost both Fight Club and Openside and gained Apoel and Sex Panthers. Although that makes it significantly harder than the 2nd half of the season where we had a bot instead of openside.

Have to target a top 4 spot now as it was what I managed last year. Hopefully can improve my performance a bit too.

Yeah but Amleto has been completely concentrating on the U20's this season. Next season he'll mean business!;)

I'm just hoping for a kind fixture list (half the battle).
    daheff wrote: »
    Maybe. Doesnt seem right though. Bot goes to playoff & ormond go down. Lucky sex panthers!

"When a club's owner becomes inactive and the team is released for new ownership (a.k.a. becoming a bot team), if it is the second half of the regular league season, (round 8 to round 14), the club will receive a penalty of either a value large enough to push them to the bottom of the league, or 15 points; whichever is larger. However the penally will be no greater than the current number of points, i.e. the number of points cannot drop below zero. The purpose of this is to cause the club, now unowned to drop to the bottom of the league table. Once the playoff fixtures have been created, the standings are locked in and teams going bot will no longer be penalised league points."

Yeah doesn't seem fair especially when you consider the side who finished 1 point ahead of them got to play the bot twice while the rest of us had it handed to us by Openside. Luck of the draw i suppose.

Ah it's going to be fun to play against a solid wall of boardsies next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Davyboy.

hint hint yer playing zim/nam so its not me thats confused

I'm playing against Ireland ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Davyboy. wrote: »
    I'm playing against Ireland ;)

Me too:D

Maybe in a season or two have a community challenge for Irish exiles v's Ireland.

Advertisement