Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Enemy Players you Love

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'd love to see McClean, Sessegnon and Ji in a Newcastle jersey.

From a LOI point of view I know they're not Bohs' main rivals but I'd love to have Forrester back at Bohs. Quality propsect and did well towards the back end of last season for Bohs... Also scored a wonder goal V Shams earlier on this season.

From Shams, I'd take Billy Dennehy and Twigg. I think Dennehy is an excellent winger and is a speedy player. Twigg... Well, Bohs need a goalscorer at the moment so he'd fill the void until Dinny comes back. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Melion wrote: »
    In his time at Chelsea he was an absolute disgrace on the pitch. I've never been so frustrated with a player (Liverpool fan) as I was in the 2nd leg of the CL semi final in 2008 or 2009. He threw himself all over the ****ing place like a little child. He's 6'4" and about 17 stone of solid muscle, stay on your ****ing feet!!!

It called being professional. If he hadnt have broken up the play like he did against Barcelona in the 1st leg they probably wouldnt have won the match or the champions league, thus earning his employers millions in increased revenue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

It called being professional. If he hadnt have broken up the play like he did against Barcelona in the 1st leg they probably wouldnt have won the match or the champions league, thus earning his employers millions in increased revenue.

Professional? Are you joking? Diving around the pitch at the slightest touch is far from professional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Arsenal fan.

Spurs: Eh...Modric I guess.
    Man Utd: Vidic, Scholes, Evans.
    Liverpool: Agger, Lucas
    Chelsea: Droggers until he left, what a man.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Liverpool and Dortmund supporter.

Players from the enemy clubs I love..

Valencia, Lahm, Schweini, Huntelaar (admittedly for betting reasons entirely) and Howedes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Bergkamp ,Henry ,Wright.

Drogba ,Zola.

Rush, Barnes, Torres

Kinkladze ( unforgetable player , pure class)

Given

Gazza ,Lineker.

To name a few.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I also liked Marc Overmars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Melion wrote: »
    Professional? Are you joking? Diving around the pitch at the slightest touch is far from professional.

You're mixing sportsmanship up with professionalism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭endabob1

I have to laugh at the Arsenal fans who don't covet any Spurs players, having finished a massive 1 point above them.

Zola was and is a class act, on and off the field, probably the one Chelsea player of the modern era that I genuinely liked and admired.

Bergkamp was similar.

Quite a few that I rate as players but don't like, Van Persie, Fabergas, Drogba

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

United fan - no love but I like the below

Vermaelen, Arteta and Ox

Richards and Hart

Cech and Mata

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

DM-ICE wrote: »
    United fan - no love but I like the below

Vermaelen, Arteta and Ox

Richards and Hart

Cech and Mata

Forgot Oxlade-Chamberlain! Really like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Forgot Oxlade-Chamberlain! Really like him.

Even I forgot him from my list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

If it wasn't for Drogba's diving he'd be one of my favourite players.

Joe Hart. Raging that Fergie missed a trick on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Not sure i'd have ever seen West Ham as a rival but i always liked Di Canio after his over the top gesturing and finger wagging when he stopped play Vs Everton so Paul Gerrard could receive treatment.

Roy Keane at United, Klinsmann at Spurs would be off the top of my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

endabob1 wrote: »
    I have to laugh at the Arsenal fans who don't covet any Spurs players, having finished a massive 1 point above them.

Zola was and is a class act, on and off the field, probably the one Chelsea player of the modern era that I genuinely liked and admired.

Bergkamp was similar.

Quite a few that I rate as players but don't like, Van Persie, Fabergas, Drogba

It's players you like, doesnt mean they have to be good. Essien would have been brilliant for utd but he doesnt make my list for this

• Advertisement
Advertisement