Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hell and back

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Munurty

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

I'm killed from it, it was great fun, I have a 3 inch cut on my elbow and bruises all up my legs, I found the wall hard to get over, I slipped after Satan's pit off one of the wooden beams and got soaked. I also took a mouthful of the pond when I slipped in on my ass by that time over 900 people had entered and it was really slippy.

Great fun though, don't have the guts to do it in winter the river would be a killer, it was so cold, I hope they get more climbing obstacles coming out of the swamp and climbing up the trellis was fun...

Defo do it next year in October...

I did it in just over the 2 hour mark, happy with that.... Next year hope to do better.

• Site Banned Posts: 957 ✭✭✭leeomurchu

cynder wrote: »
    I'm killed from it, it was great fun, I have a 3 inch cut on my elbow and bruises all up my legs, I found the wall hard to get over, I slipped after Satan's pit off one of the wooden beams and got soaked. I also took a mouthful of the pond when I slipped in on my ass by that time over 900 people had entered and it was really slippy.

Great fun though, don't have the guts to do it in winter the river would be a killer, it was so cold, I hope they get more climbing obstacles coming out of the swamp and climbing up the trellis was fun...

Defo do it next year in October...

I did it in just over the 2 hour mark, happy with that.... Next year hope to do better.

Well Done it's actually not to bad in the winter the river isn't to cold as the waters flowing but the pond is numbing. :eek:

The cold just gives you reason to run faster :D

A nice cuppa tea at the end would be great. A woman in front of me last January decided it'd be a great idea to nose dive off the top of 3 bales of hay it didn't end well for her. I'm surprised there aren't more injuries but it's definitely a great event and well run.

Roll on January :D

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Hi all, have to do this for fundraising for my ventures' troop this year. As the smallest of the group and only 16 I'm not looking forward to it.. any tips? also will I survive :P Fair play to all who did it looks a challenge!

• Site Banned Posts: 957 ✭✭✭leeomurchu

simon360 wrote: »
    Hi all, have to do this for fundraising for my ventures' troop this year. As the smallest of the group and only 16 I'm not looking forward to it.. any tips? also will I survive :P Fair play to all who did it looks a challenge!

Don't wear a track suit you'll only be cold waiting to start you'll be grand after that. Wear something that won't absorb water under armour or skins are usually good but pricey.

I'm not sure what wave you're in but when you get to the pond just run straight through it don't stop and make sure you've your shoes tied on tight very tight..

The first 5-6k is up hill so hopefully you've trained on a few hills.

The most important tip is that it's a great event and you'll be able to tell all your mates about it, enjoy it :) unless you're at the pointy end of things then give it socks :D

Good Luck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

simon360 wrote: »

Mod: Adventure racing now has a new home on boards you can find more info here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056503683&page=5

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement