Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

856 ENS

Options
  • 18-07-2012 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

We applied before the July 1st changes. Around the 21st June. Anyone else in the same boat for the ENS? Have you heard anything?
    Cheers
    N

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Dropped my Subclass 121 into their office myself on the 29th of June by hand to make sure it got there in time before the 1st. I got an e-mail acknowledgement letter of receipt but haven't had my case officer contact me yet or know if one has been appointed yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 niamh19841

Hi Doc,
    Just following this post Immigration requested a new contract drawn up from work. Hopefully we are on the way now. Thanks for your reply hope you hear soon

Just another query guys as I have heard mixed reviews. Is there any requirment to stay with your current employer ( Have heard 3 months) once ENS 856 is through?. unless of course outlined in your contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,342 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

niamh19841 wrote: »
    Just another query guys as I have heard mixed reviews. Is there any requirment to stay with your current employer ( Have heard 3 months) once ENS 856 is through?. unless of course outlined in your contract?

No there isn't afaik.
    A company also can't outline in your contract that you have to stay with them for any length of time. You can quit when if you wish. Anything in your contract is in relation with paying back costs for visa, with isn't a visa issue.

Thank you Mellor, wish the immi.gov.au website was in plain english.
    Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭statina

Thread bump- Has anyone heard anything yet? My nomination has been approved, a case officer has been appointed and they have processed the fee. Just doing the waiting game now- which I am so bad at! :o

I made a f*** up and had too withdraw my application. I'm trying to get the fee refunded and have applied for a 186 visa. Sad times... sad times.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

Doc wrote: »
    I made a f*** up and had too withdraw my application. I'm trying to get the fee refunded and have applied for a 186 visa. Sad times... sad times.

what or how did you make the f**kup, is there much difference between the 856 and the new 186?

sponge_bob wrote: »
    Doc wrote: »

what or how did you make the f**kup, is there much difference between the 856 and the new 186?

Theres no difference with the 856 and the 186 visa, through the direct entry system. Only that it's $100 cheaper bizarrely enough! And you have to do am online application rather than sending in the paper application

sponge_bob wrote: »

My company only were approved as a sponsor a day or two before the deadline for this type of visa and in my rush to get the application in I ticked the box for the 121 visa when I should have ticked the 856 box. I'm actually qualified for both but don't have a skills assessment done which is a requirement of the 121 but not the 856 as I have two years on a 457. I thought they were both the same. They wouldn't let me change over to the 856 and said that I had to withdraw my application or it would be rejected because I didn't have the skills assessment done. They also would not accept a new skills assessment that was not completed before the date of my original submission.

So long story short I f**ked up and had to start again. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Balls ... the thought of doing the visa paper work again

Anything you need Doc let us know.*

*Not that there is that much

Sorry guys. My password would not work. We got the 856 within 5 weeks however as I said we got in before the July 1 changes, so it will be interesting to see what changes really occur in terms of processing. Best of luck fingers crossed for you all.

niamh19841 wrote: »
    Sorry guys. My password would not work. We got the 856 within 5 weeks however as I said we got in before the July 1 changes, so it will be interesting to see what changes really occur in terms of processing. Best of luck fingers crossed for you all.

Wow, 5 Weeks is really quick, congrats!

That's a balls doc, but it's so easy to make a mistake with that amount of paperwork!

Advertisement