Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards League S16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭westman1

third place i'm thrilled after two seasons with only two wins :D:D:D looking forward to next season some youth players coming on so i'm looking to kick on next season and getting better results and getting harder to beat:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

I assume I'm relegated. Didn't realise I had Grubber in the final match, I was hoping for someone a little easier!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

krissovo wrote: »
    You cannot beat scoreing a try with 3 seconds of time left to take the match by 2 points.
    crisco10 wrote: »
    @Ck off. :mad::mad:

Thank god Grubber are beating Curly Sue, otherwise that try would be the cause of my relegation!

Such an even game, did you look at the stats?!

Not only did that try secure the win krissovo, it secured 3rd place and a trophy for you by a point making my win over Curly Sue useless to me.

I wanted a trophy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

As much as I am delighted with 3rd place I was also 3rd last year. I really wanted to improve to at least 2nd, next season I could be relegated as its restructure time at Lunster and time for youth to take over key roles.

mar-z wrote: »
    Not only did that try secure the win krissovo, it secured 3rd place and a trophy for you by a point making my win over Curly Sue useless to me.

I wanted a trophy :(

there's a trophy!!! :eek: for third place:eek::eek::eek: if so BLISS:cool::cool::cool:

• Advertisement

krissovo wrote: »
    As much as I am delighted with 3rd place I was also 3rd last year. I really wanted to improve to at least 2nd, next season I could be relegated as its restructure time at Lunster and time for youth to take over key roles.

Tempted to do some restructuring myself. Always played it with a 1st and 2nd XV, but might have to start cutting numbers, which logically will mean shedding the better but older guys, knowing that the youngsters have more potential in the long run. Gonna be tough though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Division I

W D L PF PA PD B (L) B (T) Points
    polk high 14 12 1 1 563 182 381 0 9 59
    Fight club 48ers 14 10 1 3 418 174 244 1 7 50
    Forza Juve 14 10 0 4 386 186 200 2 6 48
    Mauling Bear 14 7 0 7 270 217 53 3 3 34
    Bogwarriors 14 6 0 8 223 363 -140 2 3 29
    everyone likes a tryer 14 5 0 9 226 381 -155 2 3 25
    Scorched Earth 14 4 2 8 178 395 -217 0 1 19
    Barracuda Rugby 14 0 2 12 157 468 -311 1 1 6

This season we say good bye to Scorched earth and Barracuda rugby, we wish them all the best in Div II and hope to see them back soon stronger than ever.

We welcome to Div I Toronto Irish and BJD Panthers, BJD bouncing back after relegation last season if my memory serves me, and Toronto (I think..) had to work up through divisions being a late arriver to the party. (Please correct me if I am wrong). They will increase the competitiveness of the division no need which is getting tighter each season (as this manager knows watching his team slide down the results.)

Division II

P W D L PF PA PD B (L) B (T) Points
    Toronto Rucks 14 11 0 3 475 179 296 2 9 55
    bjd panthers 14 10 0 4 365 224 141 1 5 46
    Lunster 14 8 0 6 291 194 97 5 5 42
    grubber rfc 14 9 0 5 360 243 117 2 3 41
    Geraldine RFC 14 6 0 8 229 277 -48 2 2 28
    men who stare at goats 14 4 1 9 205 355 -150 0 3 21
    Curly Sue Death Squad 14 4 0 10 221 408 -187 3 1 20
    Gideons 14 3 1 10 128 387 -259 0 0 14

Very competitive division with no side without a win and no side undefeated. lets hope for another good season in S17!

Promotions as above.

CSDS go down along with Gideons, CSDS narrowly missing out on survival by one point.

We await the new comers to division II with excitement, I'm sure the boys will give them a lovely welcome!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Delighted to regain the Div 1 title after my sabbitical last season. Wasnt all plain sailing this time round though. Heres to the new teams coming up from div2 to make things even closer again.

And great job to all those putting up the tables of the 5 divisions all season long.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

This is truly the beginning of the end for the Scorched Earth franchise.

Orizio wrote: »
    This is truly the beginning of the end for the Scorched Earth franchise.

Pick up your game - come back bigger and stronger. DO NOT let real life wear you down!! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Division 5 - (Final Standings)
    Club | Played | W | L | D | For | Against | Margin | BT | BL | Total
    The Dannys | 14 | 13 | 1 | 0 | 507 | 129 | +378 | 10 | 0 | 62
    Celtic Superstars | 14 | 11 | 3 | 0 | 431 | 203 | +228 | 8 | 2 | 54
    Westmen | 14 | 9 | 5 | 0 | 356 | 246 | +110 | 7 | 1 | 44
    The Slashers | 14 | 8 | 6 | 0 | 269 | 294 | -25 | 4 | 2 | 38
    Edmonton Eggchasers | 14 | 5 | 9 | 0 | 220 | 325 | -105 | 4 | 0 | 24
    Nenagh Ormond | 14 | 4 | 9 | 1 | 239 | 368 | -129 | 3 | 2 | 23
    Nanjing RFC | 14 | 3 | 10 | 1 | 216 | 378 | -162 | 1 | 3 | 18
    Blue Magic | 14 | 2 | 12 | 0 | 173 | 468 | -295 | 0 | 2 | 10

Promotion: The Dannys, Celtic Superstars.

Very competitive season, there is a lot of fast improving sides in this division so here's to an even more exciting S17!

thanks for all your work your reports really added to the excitment:cool:

Ah Div III... hellooooo comfort zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Jesus the standard of the boards league is amazing. I hope all these results are being stored somewhere, it would be a shame to see all the lads hard work disappear.

ajeffares wrote: »
    Jesus the standard of the boards league is amazing. I hope all these results are being stored somewhere, it would be a shame to see all the lads hard work disappear.

Do you mean the tables being stored? Don't think they are. might actually do that if have time tomorrow evening while watching my team get trounced in the playoffs.

eoferrall wrote: »
    Do you mean the tables being stored? Don't think they are. might actually do that if have time tomorrow evening while watching my team get trounced in the playoffs.

Yeah just copied and pasted to a web page so they are all together

ajeffares wrote: »

Should we make a sticky with something like

Season 15

Div 1 Champions
    Div 2 Champions
    Div 3 Champions
    Div 4 Champions
    Div 5 Champions

Season 16

Div 1 Champions
    Div 2 Champions
    Div 3 Champions
    Div 4 Champions
    Div 5 Champions

And so on and also back date it to whenever the boards league started.

Should we make a sticky with something like

Season 15

Div 1 Champions
    Div 2 Champions
    Div 3 Champions
    Div 4 Champions
    Div 5 Champions

Season 16

Div 1 Champions
    Div 2 Champions
    Div 3 Champions
    Div 4 Champions
    Div 5 Champions

And so on and also back date it to whenever the boards league started.

I'll set up a sticky that is then closed to prevent random chat in it tomorrow to avoid watching my team getting ripped and mauled apart!!:o

I think some of the older leagues were on a website not sure if it still exists though

website still exists, but no one really used it so it stopped being updated. and with passwords etc it was harder to get people to update.

(I certainly never quite found an easily way to update unlike copy and pasting from excel to here!)

• Advertisement

Yeah I wasn't thinking of using it but some of the old league tables might be found there

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

of coarse it be nice to see more that just champions but then it be someones spare time

I'll track through the threads and the website and see about having the final standings for each season for record if possible.

what season was the first boards cup does anyone know?

who has the earliest trophy in cabinet posting competition!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

eoferrall wrote: »
    what season was the first boards cup does anyone know?

who has the earliest trophy in cabinet posting competition!!

I have season 12 but i'd be surprised if that was the first year.

Are we including the old monday night tournament cause that started back in season 5 or 6

I have most the old leagues (at least for as long as I've been helping organise it) on my laptop. My long term plan was to either update the old website with them or start something new. Just never got round to it.

Division 10 I think was the first season of the league when it only had 1 division. I don't have the tables recorded for that season or season 11, although I do have who were the top 3 in both recorded (for both actually)

I'll put the stuff together as I'm only missing a few tables over the weekend (as well as updating for w14 for div III and IV). Have a big interview on Thursday so all my free time is taken up with that at the moment.

As js said the first cup when the Monday cup was ran was something like S5 or S6. Someone else can work on that if they want :D

mar-z wrote: »
    As js said the first cup when the Monday cup was ran was something like S5 or S6. Someone else can work on that if they want :D

Ha that competition has been running longer than this forum!

There's a blast from the past!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055543380

I think the old Monday cups should be part of it alright (if only because I won the Div 2 equivalent back then...) but the difficulty that pops up is when there was a Monday cup and a Thursday cup. I know I was very much in the Monday cup camp for the first season of Thursdays, with the Thursday league being "boards cup lite" if I recall.

• Advertisement

Fewcifur wrote: »
    I think the old Monday cups should be part of it alright (if only because I won the Div 2 equivalent back then...) but the difficulty that pops up is when there was a Monday cup and a Thursday cup. I know I was very much in the Monday cup camp for the first season of Thursdays, with the Thursday league being "boards cup lite" if I recall.

If I recall right, wasnt the monday one a leaderboard and you played people to move up and down it? beat them and you took their spot? so different format, will be included alright so that the history of it is documented. could still be around in 100yrs! :p longest BR rugby competition in the world!

Advertisement