Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Build boot problem

Options
  • 19-07-2012 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Hi everyone, just completed my new build with these specs:

Mobo: Asus P6X58D-e
    CPU: Intel Xeon W3520 (same as 1st gen. i7 920)
    RAM: 3x 2GB Corsair Dominator 1600MHz + 3x 2GB Corsair XMS3 1333MHz
    HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB
    GPU: VTX3D Radeon HD 6450
    PSU: Corsair CX600

Problem is, when I power it up, it won't load the OS.

I've Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit installed.
    It will go as far as the "Starting Windows" screen, then will freeze, reboot, and offer the "Start Normally" or "Launch System Repair" crap. :pac:

Pretty sure the HDD isn't to blame, it does the same thing with the HDD of the family pc installed.

Can anyone offer me some help?? I've spent ages putting this together, and this just a real disappointment at this stage :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

It was installed or you got it to install and now its doing that?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭DanielGibbons

OS was installed from previous build, which i no longer have. It was working fine then!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Schorpio

I think there's your problem. Windows was set up to deal with the PC it was installed on. Something is happening at boot time with your new hardware which is throwing Windows, aka your new hardware handling something in a way Windows isn't expecting so it freezes or reboots. Reinstalling Windows is probably your best bet I'd say.

Cheers. I was hoping it wouldn't come to that, but I'll try it in the morning.

That would be your problem. Not doing a fresh install on a new build is a horrible idea imo.

If it won't install then I'd start removing the mixed RAM and trying that.

• Advertisement

Sound. Didn't buy the ram all together, the Dominator stuff was got as a gift for me.

Its probably not an issue just one of the things to trouble shoot. When its all installed you can probably play with the timings and stick it back in. That's if it even causes a problem which is unlikely.

Fair enough, cheers for the help guys. I'll post back whenever I dig up the OS disc :P

Found the disc, all is well. Cheers guys!

Advertisement